Why the lack of truck accessories in ATS vs ETS2?

Robinicus

Re: Why the lack of truck accessories in ATS vs ETS2?

#11 Post by Robinicus » 13 Jul 2020 21:44

IMO what people are talking about with accessories for ATS it is things like half fenders, full round fenders, more bumper options like a Texas one, more exhaust options, more mudflap and taillight choices etc.
Roadkill

#12 Post by Roadkill » 02 Aug 2020 03:37

Maybe the licensing agreement doesn't allow for certain options. Considering this is the "SCS Forum* there's very little feedback from SCS here so who knows. Maybe that's another part of the licensing agreement, no talking about the agreement. The whole licensing problem seems to be much more difficult for ATS than ETS. Maybe the European Corporate structure is more laid back than their American counterparts. :lol:
---- Rockies Back. This time HE'S at the wheel. Look out stoopid hoomans.
flight50

#13 Post by flight50 » 02 Aug 2020 06:05

It has been explained several times why accessories and tuning is not in ATS currently. Its not license related. Neither jeopardizing anything about a truck ability to function as normal.
Some newbie driver

#14 Post by Some newbie driver » 02 Aug 2020 09:15

ETS2 -> almost 8 years since release
ATS -> almost 4,5 years from release

No need to keep wondering of the infinite possibilities of why the difference when the most basic point here is that ATS has a bit more than half the lifetime of ETS2. We can't expect that both games would have the same amount of content in everything. As the time will pass, differences will converge; slowly but will do it. As like they are putting more effort in releasing trucks for ATS than for ETS2 at this moment, because it's clear that effort is more necessary in ATS.

Regards
J.Random

#15 Post by J.Random » 02 Aug 2020 12:40

SCS, if you guys are reading this, and if you're planning to add gauge/dashboard customization in the future, here's my two "shut up and take my money" items:
- analogue clock (like in w900, but for any truck);
- attitude indicator (like in planes; I doubt these exist for trucks, but I want one).
Skoot

#16 Post by Skoot » 02 Aug 2020 15:09

Also KW W900 should have an interior variant with a full set of gauges to complement the current one with a display.
Shiva

#17 Post by Shiva » 02 Aug 2020 19:51

Freeze338 wrote: 10 Jul 2020 13:10 Secondly there is a gauge culture in ATS. Those gauges are old version of road computer that shows your fuel to the front axle weight. You can order your truck with customised gauge with your preference so does the truck navigation. They should make a slot for each gauge and we should select those gauges and add in our interior. It is much more useful unlike putting a mug and make our trucks unique. I'll share a couple of photos so you can see the difference.
What surprised me, when watching either a program about european truckers on Discovery, or was it a Swedish program about truckers.
Is that there are front and rear axle weight indicators for trucks. Atleast on some trucks with air suspension.
So one knows the total weight of the truck itself on its tires.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_suspension
Can data from semi trailers be seen in the truck too?
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.
J.Random

#18 Post by J.Random » 02 Aug 2020 20:29

Pretty sure there are trailers with integrated scales, mostly for bulk cargo I think. No idea if any of them allow wiring the data to the truck itself.
SmokeyWolf

#19 Post by SmokeyWolf » 02 Aug 2020 21:49

Onboard scales are ties into the air bags on the truck. No need to tie into the ecm for that.
jdwarfer

#20 Post by jdwarfer » 03 Aug 2020 06:52

One of the things I love about truck mods is the customization options they have.
Vanilla trucks have very poor customization. I like windows frames, fenders, sunvisors... maybe not sunvisors because they look good but with some of them, I can't see the highest traffic lights properly from inside xD
But yeah, painted or chromed parts and so on, that's really cool. The more the better.
I barely use vanilla trucks, they don't have enough parts, it's too sad and casual.
I checked custom parts retailers once, it's amazing how much stuff there is. You can build very unique trucks IRL if you want.

Return to “General discussion about the game”