Poll: Which area should SCS add to ETS2 after Iberia?

Which area should SCS add to ETS2 next?

Western Balkan (Croatia, Serbia, B+H, Albania, Slovenia, Macedonia, Montenegro, Kosovo, Greece)
45%
Further East (Ukraine, Belarus, Moldova)
8%
More of Turkey
6%
Expand Scandinavia
20%
More of Russia
6%
Ireland
11%
Iceland
1%
(Parts of) North Africa
2%

Total votes: 966

Evil_Jason

Re: Poll: Which area should SCS add to ETS2 after Iberia?

#1181 Post by Evil_Jason » 02 Aug 2020 12:13

I tried to overlay the current SCS map over over Google maps to see, if any "big" roads would be visible in northen Scandinavia or Balkans

[ external image ] [ external image ]

North Scandinacia seems not to have that many, but sill a decent roadnetwork. Sadly I can'T move the SCS map farther north than that.

Balkans has a lot of roads- eventually a bit too much to add them all.
If something is not round, it has then edges or it is broken.
tobrago

#1182 Post by tobrago » 02 Aug 2020 13:13

According to the custom of voting, the Western Balkans will be the next DLC for SCS.
Google translator | Greetings and cheers | Keep truckin'

[ external image ] [ external image ] [ external image ]

Discord: tobrago#1504

Everything will be okay in the end, and if it`s not okay, it`s not the end.
Some newbie driver

#1183 Post by Some newbie driver » 02 Aug 2020 14:23

SCS isn't going to plan their DLC schedule on the basis of a poll on their forum that has less than 700 votes. Period.

Neither we can give for granted the "clockwise" pattern so many people considered a true fact back in time; or any other custom/tradition/call-it-what-you-want that we think they have; so we can't be sure anything of this could be the reason to leave West Balkans out of the contest.

Only fact here is that next DLC has been decided way time back (Iberia is in production while n ext one is already in documentation, as they always did) and they had several options objectively as good as any other one, despite what a poll can say. So, the second fact is, whatever the next DLC will be, it wouldn't be what most people on this poll wanted and we will have to bear it.

Resuming: let's play the guess game, it's fun, it's a good way to spend time chatting and sharing opinions. I've done that, I shared the reasons why I think the next DLC will be a particular one; as so many others did the same. But don't lose a second on pretending anyone of us know which one will be the next DLC. Otherwise you could end burned in rage when you get wrong; as happened with so many people that gave for granted the 2019 DLC was going to bring all the Balkans.

Regards
tobrago

#1184 Post by tobrago » 02 Aug 2020 14:54

Some newbie driver wrote: 02 Aug 2020 14:23 SCS isn't going to plan their DLC schedule on the basis of a poll on their forum that has less than 700 votes. Period.
Why do you think SCS would not be interested in this poll. I think that SCS also listens to its forum members.

xXCARL1992Xx

#1185 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 02 Aug 2020 14:56

because the next DLC is already worked on before Iberia is even out, and the one after that is also in research stage already, SCS doesnt have interest the pole because they have their own road map that is at least 3 DLCs ahead of what we have
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
tobrago

#1186 Post by tobrago » 02 Aug 2020 15:04

@xXCARL1992Xx That's something I do not believe in that your finding.

xXCARL1992Xx

#1187 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 02 Aug 2020 15:06

belive what you want but Pavel more then confirm that, before RttBS came out and BtBS was almost released he said that Iberia will come but not as the next DLC (after BtBS) but the one after (RttBS), so it is obvious that right now they work on Iberia, the next DLC is already worked on the the DLC after that is already light research done for

if the rest of Balkans IS the next DLC, it is NOT because of this poll, but because SCS decided to do it after Iberia
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
harishw8r

#1188 Post by harishw8r » 02 Aug 2020 15:46

tobrago wrote: 02 Aug 2020 14:54 Why do you think SCS would not be interested in this poll. I think that SCS also listens to its forum members.
Well, this thread title is somewhat misleading. It's not something SCS (or some individual) asks, we vote and SCS decides to do whichever tops the poll, but a mere 'Speculation thread'. The results of this poll doesn't matter at all. In the end it all boils down to what SCS could deliver to their capacity, which is influenced by many factors.

And yeah, as Carl said, SCS already would have planned for years further. If we get the same place which topped the poll as the next dlc, we get happy and move on speculating the next, otherwise we wait till that particular place comes to the game. That's how it works!
zippe

#1189 Post by zippe » 02 Aug 2020 16:23

how naive can people be to believe that this poll will affect the next DLC? :D :roll:
This forum is just a very, very,very small group of all ETS2 players and followers :)
this survey is only a survey by a user, not by SCS and pure speculation
and even if SCS included these few hundred votes (from tens of thousands of ETS2 players) in their decision,what should you do if this poll changes next week suddenly? start with a completely different DLC? :lol:
I also think that SCS has definitely a road map for the next two or three DLC`s,and this mini survey will have very,very little or no impact on it :)
if SCS were to do a poll for an upcoming DLC, it would be via Steam, all social medias, and maybe here too, so a poll would be really meaningful :)
Some newbie driver

#1190 Post by Some newbie driver » 02 Aug 2020 16:45

tobrago wrote: 02 Aug 2020 14:54Why do you think SCS would not be interested in this poll. I think that SCS also listens to its forum members.
I didn't say it wouldn't be interested into know our wishes or that they don't listen forums users. What they listen from us are our trends and opinions; not our comments saying them how they should run their business (that's why all those "SCS should" in topic tittles are useless and misleading). And what I meant in my previous message is that no serious company with several million customers and tens of thousands of daily users on its games is going to decide anything based on a poll that got 700 votes in one year (approx).

Specially if we consider the fact that, as I told you and xXCARL1992Xx did too, SCS decided which DLC will come after Iberia way before the last reset of this poll. We have one map DLC per year but that doesn't mean that they require just one year to make a map DLC. They have shared lots of bits of info about all their internal process through the years and you can count that a map DLC should had been decided for sure over 2 years and probably around 3 years before its release.

So, in the hypothetical case that next DLC would be Balkans, have for sure that this will not be SCS deciding so as a kind of apologize or restoration over so many people hiper-frustrated after they hiper-hype we had pre-RttBS. Neither because the result of this poll (that it was GREATLY biased due that collective rant way back). If SCS releases West Balkans the next DLC after Iberia it will be because they already decided it way before people still to complain for weeks all over the forum as happened back in December 2019.

So, we can continue sharing our thoughts in here about whatever detail we could find reasonable; but we can't expect that anything we say in here or we vote would have any relevance; by the very basic facts that our messages here arrive late and because we don't represent the whole community.

Regards

Return to “General discussion about the game”