ETS2 1.39 Speculation Thread

Jax

Re: ETS2 1.39 Speculation Thread

#501 Post by Jax » 02 Aug 2020 18:05

Bocaj wrote: 02 Aug 2020 11:51 @xXCARL1992Xx Liftable fifth wheel are perfectly fit for Long haul, BUT they ONLY exist on LOWDECK trucks to take standard trailers, seen about ten in the last Two Years so not super common.
For the rest you say i agree, more simulation towards suspension etc.
In the UK the entire DPD fleet use Jost adjustable fifth wheels and Fly By Nite use GF adjustable fifth wheels. A few other operators also use adjustable fifth wheels too here in the UK. But they are mainly only on mega units.
Some newbie driver

#502 Post by Some newbie driver » 02 Aug 2020 18:46

plykkegaard wrote: 02 Aug 2020 17:54They have a signed contract I am quite sure the manufacturers have this aspect covered
Oh, of course they have signed non-disclosure agreements. But that's only a dissuasive measure, not a security measure. Let's imagine I was a competitor of Iveco who want to do industrial espionage on them (something that IRL happens CONTINUOUSLY), it would be for me A LOT easier to stole that data from third party companies than from Iveco themselves. So Iveco will be reluctant to give their CAD data even under heavy non-disclosure agreements. There has to be also a commitment in the securing of that data AND a certain level of trust with that company. The company I work for has 2 clients that work as part suppliers for vehicle manufacturers and believe me when I say they make no jokes in that matter.
plykkegaard wrote: 02 Aug 2020 17:54I assume it is a standard request from 3rd party builders to get CAD drawings, eg custom build on top of a chassis, mount a crane etc
Most third-party body-builders would require CAD data waaaaaaaay simpler than SCS needs. For some manufacturers you could even download it freely from their websites (I recall to have seen some DAF body.-builders web portal with all the schematics). Unless the piece of machinery that you want to put on that chassis would require to take the truck to its very design limit (special vehicles, way over the regular ones legal limits), no better data neither manufacturer involvement would be necessary.

On the contrary, to do a good 3D depiction of a truck, SCS needs a CAD data with a detail till de last visible bolt and for the physics characterization even some more. It's a success for them to had received such info of some models already in the market (after all, once released, all your competitors will take one and dissect if throughout). But to obtain that data of a vehicle that still has not been released or almost (I don't remember well the S-Way release date) is a complete different thing.

Regards
FlyingPigeon

#503 Post by FlyingPigeon » 02 Aug 2020 22:21

Jax wrote: 02 Aug 2020 18:05
Bocaj wrote: 02 Aug 2020 11:51 @xXCARL1992Xx Liftable fifth wheel are perfectly fit for Long haul, BUT they ONLY exist on LOWDECK trucks to take standard trailers, seen about ten in the last Two Years so not super common.
For the rest you say i agree, more simulation towards suspension etc.
In the UK the entire DPD fleet use Jost adjustable fifth wheels and Fly By Nite use GF adjustable fifth wheels. A few other operators also use adjustable fifth wheels too here in the UK. But they are mainly only on mega units.
Afjustable fifth wheels (back and forth) is common but height adjustable is only lowdecks, if i read you comment right.
Scandinavian truckdriver.
JD6

#504 Post by JD6 » 03 Aug 2020 00:53

Has the company (SCS) ever mentioned how they deal with bringing a truck into the game or people just make assumptions and take them as fact just because it would seem OK or someone else did it? They way some dudes here talk it seems that SCS can only make 100% replicas of the real thing which is silly... or have some super-secret relationship with companies which is just as silly.

A model can be reproduced through pictures "easily". Besides optimizing it, acquiring the rights and deciding how and when to include the model within the game are what's taking so long.
Some newbie driver

#505 Post by Some newbie driver » 03 Aug 2020 09:21

They have talked lots of times about those details, yes. Either in several blog posts (under the hood, licensing ones and when they release a truck they give info too) and also they give sporadic details in streams or in conversations in this forum with some devs. Of course, we cannot know for sure several specific details; but we can guess the most probable based in that info or other we can have. As I'm guessing when I said I highly doubt they can release this year an S-Wy, specially if made with CAD files, because I know from other sources how strict are vehicle brands when sharing CAD files, specially of very new models still not or just released. I can do nothing more than guess, but I'm pretty confident on it by objective reasons.

Regards
plykkegaard

#506 Post by plykkegaard » 03 Aug 2020 09:31

Some newbie driver wrote: 03 Aug 2020 09:21 .. specially of very new models still not or just released.
The Iveco S-Way were launched in Madrid, July 2019

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
Some newbie driver

#507 Post by Some newbie driver » 03 Aug 2020 11:16

As I said still not or just released. SCS requires at least 1 year to create a new model of a truck (they have explained that several times); so they had to have the CAD files on that time already if they would going to release it this year. That's why I think S-Way isn't going to arrive this year.

They said in the last Christmas Stream that they expect to release 2 ATS trucks (Anthem and possibly Western Star due content some people have found) and 1 ETS2 trucks. They are well aware that other times they have got delays after the model has been done due final agreements (a clear example, the Renault T was on hold for more than 2 years). I would expect that if Pavel says they expect to release a truck is because it's mostly ended and the final conversations ongoing well enough. I would expect that long process to be more of some of the other trucks we lack more than one that was recently released.

But as I said, just my guess for the reasons I explained; it doesn't mean I can be sure or that I'm 100% right.
harishw8r

#508 Post by harishw8r » 03 Aug 2020 11:43

^ there's still a slight possibility this year if they took the photogrammetry route instead of the CAD thingy. And tbh, trucks made using this method are also as detailed as the latter.

My observations/speculations with respect to truck modeling (might be wrong, please feel free to correct):

*Getting permission for a truck to be featured in game and obtaining the CAD data for the same should be two different things. Second one is a difficult process but makes work more easier. Getting permission to feature should be easier and should take less time, considering their previous models are already in-game.

* In that case, the only factor which causes a delay for a truck to be released is the non-availability of data of all possible configurations (cabin, chassis, engine, gearbox and so on). For photogrammetry we definitely need the physical presence of the variants (at least different cabin/chassis variants), whereas CAD diagrams are a complete set of data required for modelling.

Having said that, CAD data just makes the work easier and should be purely optional. If company allows their truck to get featured but refuses to provide their blueprints, but the photogrammetric data for various configurations are obtained, then we could see the trucks at the earliest possible time.

(Honestly, an under the hood blog for the same would be much much more helpful. Admins, please consider this)
Last edited by harishw8r on 03 Aug 2020 11:48, edited 1 time in total.
xXCARL1992Xx

#509 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 03 Aug 2020 11:47

Photogrammmetrie can only go so far, not all details will be catched with it like the inside of the chassis, what is under the cab, the underside of the truck, not even 3D scaning can do it, they can only do this via CAD data or taking photos for actual references and not for Photogrammmetrie purposes and then model them from that

but i doubt 1.39 will bring us a complete new truck, an upgrade to an existing one maybe (EL3, XP or New FH) but not a new one
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
plykkegaard

#510 Post by plykkegaard » 03 Aug 2020 11:49

Some newbie driver wrote: 03 Aug 2020 11:16 As I said still not or just released. SCS requires at least 1 year to create a new model of a truck (they have explained that several times); so they had to have the CAD files on that time already if they would going to release it this year.
It all depends, the Scania S were launched Aug '16 and the blog post about the new addition to the series in ETS2 came in Sep '17

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.

Return to “General discussion about the game”