[DISC] US Expansion V2.6.2

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
Blackspots

Re: [REL] US Expansion V2.7

#1251 Post by Blackspots » 02 Aug 2020 19:48

@yukonjack_ak When you delete the sectors mentioned, you should have 48 files left. Not 64.

@SaMartok (NL) Yes, that's what it needs to be changed to (now that I'm home to follow the instructions)

Alrighty, not only did I follow the instructions to make it compatible with Sierra Nevada, I even fully updated this map to work on 1.38. I converted walkers to movers, and changed the city files from sii to sui. If necessary, I'll create a new thread for this mod since P16 seems to have abandoned the map. The load order thread has been updated.

DOWNLOAD:
US Expansion v2.7 - Sierra Nevada compatible
Author: C2C Eastern New Mexico, Texas, Oklahoma and Kansas improvments
ETS2 Map Combo: PM, Scandinavian Addon, RusMap, SR, The Great Steppe, PJ Indo Map
ATS Map Combo: Coast to Coast, CanaDream, Tonopah Reworked, US Expansion, Viva Mexico
Grizzly

Re: [REL] US Expansion V2.6.2

#1252 Post by Grizzly » 02 Aug 2020 22:23

Blackspots I thank you on behalf of all the lazy people :lol:
Blackspots

#1253 Post by Blackspots » 02 Aug 2020 22:40

You're welcome @Grizzly
ETS2 Map Combo: PM, Scandinavian Addon, RusMap, SR, The Great Steppe, PJ Indo Map
ATS Map Combo: Coast to Coast, CanaDream, Tonopah Reworked, US Expansion, Viva Mexico
Vinnie Terranova

#1254 Post by Vinnie Terranova » 02 Aug 2020 22:46

Thanks a lot for your effort. I think it is a good idea to start a new thread, so it will be easier to maintain this mod. Also you then can edit the first post, if necessary.
Blackspots

#1255 Post by Blackspots » 02 Aug 2020 22:48

Hmm, alright.
yukonjack_ak

#1256 Post by yukonjack_ak » 03 Aug 2020 15:02

@Blackspots @SaMartok (NL) Thanks for the heads up on the errors - I was in a hurry to edit the instructions before I headed out on a weekend long fishing trip ;)

I've fixed the instructions but it seems that Blackspots has created a new download which is probably far easier (and by far more complete since it tackles the movers issue and a couple other things)!
My ATS Steam Workshop
- Western Star 4900FA Patch
- Mack Anthem Bull Bars
- Cascadia Sunvisor Fix
- Sweet Bran skin for SCS Grain Hopper
yozza

#1257 Post by yozza » 03 Aug 2020 18:21

Thank You @Blackspots for all your hard work
Travismods

#1258 Post by Travismods » 09 Aug 2020 18:27

So, could somebody give a rundown on what the SN compatible new version by Blackspots actually changes? Because, I applied it together with SN but my explored roads percent nearly didn't change at all. Yuba City or Chico isn't there either. Does USX actually add any roads if you use the new fixed version together with SN?

My understanding from looking at the map is the SN compatible version by Blackspots almost seems to remove all content from the original mod to make it compatible leaving the only change that Tonasket was added as a place in WA and some other city names, no actual roads so while its nice to have a compatible version, its a nearly empty shell of the original mod as it almost doesn't add any new content. Either that or its not not working for me because I'm no seeing any new roads with SN and McDermitt is also gone.
Vinnie Terranova

#1259 Post by Vinnie Terranova » 09 Aug 2020 19:15

It adds a few cities by changing some existing scenic towns to deliverable towns. That's pretty much it. But I like it, because I like to have more deliverable towns.
yukonjack_ak

#1260 Post by yukonjack_ak » 09 Aug 2020 21:22

koolizz wrote: 09 Aug 2020 18:27 So, could somebody give a rundown on what the SN compatible new version by Blackspots actually changes? Because, I applied it together with SN but my explored roads percent nearly didn't change at all. Yuba City or Chico isn't there either. Does USX actually add any roads if you use the new fixed version together with SN?

My understanding from looking at the map is the SN compatible version by Blackspots almost seems to remove all content from the original mod to make it compatible leaving the only change that Tonasket was added as a place in WA and some other city names, no actual roads so while its nice to have a compatible version, its a nearly empty shell of the original mod as it almost doesn't add any new content. Either that or its not not working for me because I'm no seeing any new roads with SN and McDermitt is also gone.
Either using Blackspots version (2.7) or by following my directions a few pages back you will be left with all the changes in Washington and New Mexico. So that leaves you with Tonasket and Forks up in WA, Laytonville and Crescent City in northern CA and Vaughn, Santa Rosa, Ft Sumner, Cimmaron and Carrizozo in NM and of course all the company locations, gas stations, rest areas and everything else in those towns. So there is still quite a bit of USX that is left behind...

LINK TO THE DIRECTIONS: viewtopic.php?p=1395383#p1395383

In order to make USX compatible with Sierra Nevada, all the conflicting sectors needed to be removed so yeah you lose 90% of all the cities and roads that USX added in California but that's fine cause Sierra Nevada does a better job (IMO) with places like Lake Tahoe and Sacramento, etc. All the new roads that the original USX added are gone now too as the 95% of the roads USX added were in the Sierra Nevada's (so not surprised your % didn't change).

Originally my modified version of USX also kept the AZ/CA border towns of Parker, Quartzsite and Vidal Junction and that stretch of US95 however with the latest version of PazzMod (1.3.00), Pazz has extended his version of US95 and included that area so it had to go now too. Again, not a bad thing though considering the quality of work that Pazz puts out and his plans to include those towns in the near future.

Honestly though, like @Vinnie Terranova said, the whole point of keeping USX alive at this point is just to add in 9 more towns that IMO should be part of the base map.
My ATS Steam Workshop
- Western Star 4900FA Patch
- Mack Anthem Bull Bars
- Cascadia Sunvisor Fix
- Sweet Bran skin for SCS Grain Hopper

Return to “Maps”