Wishlists Megathread

mira666

Re: Wishlists Megathread

#3271 Post by mira666 » 28 Jul 2020 16:56

see I'm the opposite Vinnie Terranova, I love having hired drivers, my only gripe now is that while I have every garage purchased there are no where near enough drivers available to fill every garage spot.

SCS can we please have some more drivers available to hire?
ETS2 and ATS Vanilla Gamer 2012-Now
flight50

#3272 Post by flight50 » 28 Jul 2020 18:50

I don't buy all garages and I don't like a lot of drivers either. Eventually, you just gain too much money and can't get rid of it. I use .5 income factor but it does't matter. I do have 2-3 drivers per garage on my main profile. But on my new profile I started last summer for map mods, I only have 2 hired drivers and I like it. I'd like to eventually trim my main profile to one driver per garage. As more states comes, I will shift them around. I would like to eventually see my own drivers on the road though. Especially if we every get liveries that we can make company trucks with.
Last edited by flight50 on 29 Jul 2020 04:23, edited 1 time in total.
Ludo Diabolo

#3273 Post by Ludo Diabolo » 28 Jul 2020 20:41

@flight50

I managed to counter this weakness of SCS on my PROMODS profile on ETS2, by modifying the painted truck of jazzycat and by adding a skin of my company, and by increasing the number of spots in the game, it gives me the impression to cross a driver of my company lol.
ETS2:promods + Middle-East Add-On + TGS / ATS:promods Canada

SORRY MY ENGLISH, I'M FRENCH.
rookie_one

#3274 Post by rookie_one » 01 Aug 2020 13:55

One more I would like to see in ATS : DRL for current trucks

They all have DRL available because of Canada(it's mandatory in canada), but regulations concerning DRL are different from europe and would probably require some adjustments for the game engine

The systems that are the most often used for DRL are(in order of popularity) :
  1. High beam at 50% power
  2. Front Turn Signal at constant full power
  3. Low Beam at 70%
  4. fog lights at 70%
  5. Dedicated DRL (ony the new VNL have these AFAIK)
For example, the 2003-2017 VNL(the one we have in-game) use the front turning signals at full power at all time for DRL (except when they are flashing)

From wikipedia :
Canada Motor Vehicle Safety Standard 108 requires DRLs on all new vehicles made or imported after January 1, 1990. Canada's proposed DRL regulation was essentially similar to regulations in place in Scandinavia, with an axial luminous intensity limit of 1,500 cd, but automakers claimed it was too expensive to add a new front lighting device, and would increase warranty costs (by dint of increased bulb replacements) to run the low beams. After a regulatory battle, the standard was rewritten to permit the use of reduced-voltage high beam headlamps producing up to 7,000 axial candela, as well as permitting any light color from white to amber or selective yellow. These changes to the regulation permitted automakers to implement a less costly DRL, such as by connecting the high beam filaments in series to supply each filament with half its rated voltage, or by burning the front turn signals full-time except when they are actually flashing as turn indicators.
Engine and Transmission compilation mod : here
akima

#3275 Post by akima » 01 Aug 2020 17:20

I'd like to see lots more happening on the road so the roads feel more alive. e.g.

Higher traffic density.

Occasional traffic jams.

More varied traffic behaviour (e.g. some cars should tailgate, some shouldn't. Some should always yield and flash you out, some shouldn't)

Emergency vehicles should approach at speed with lights and sirens on.

Double Post Merged

I'd like their to be call out maintenance work. e.g. call out a van to do minor repairs or to bring you some fuel. I'd like it if I actually had to wait for it to arrive. The vehicle could be displayed on the map so the player can track its progress towards you.
Last edited by supersobes on 01 Aug 2020 18:18, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Double post merged [Forum rule 2.5]
Trucker_71

#3276 Post by Trucker_71 » 01 Aug 2020 17:56

@akima

Already available...

Higher traffic - uset g_traffic "1" <--- change this
Occasional traffic jams. - random road events and detour sliders in settings.
flight50

#3277 Post by flight50 » 02 Aug 2020 00:57

SCS can't make such volume available because of the various pc's we all have. Just do as Trucker_71 suggest or use traffic mods. Cip has one of the best around. You can find it in the mods section on this forum.
GT182

#3278 Post by GT182 » 03 Aug 2020 01:48

I've got to get rid of drivers too. I'll probably keep most of the garages just for lower fuel costs and repairs/upgrades. I have a bank of close to 1.5 billion and there's no way I could spend that amount of money. I don't know how long we can run in a profile or if there's and end to the sim. Right now I'm working on my 829th outbound trip in 452 days of game play for this profile. I hope I get a good retirement pension and SS benefits from it. ;) LOL
Gary - CB code name: CW
Formerly from Northern NY on the Ontario/Quebec borders.
I've hauled ass down the road to deliver new cars and trucks, fuel, freight, and produce. Now I'm addicted to ATS doing the same thing in a simulation. :roll:
flight50

#3279 Post by flight50 » 03 Aug 2020 02:05

^Lol. A good pension huh. Well I think ATS will just run you til you can't run anymore. 1.5 billion is a ton and I have the nerve to be pissed about my lil 22 million, lol. I think some of the best cheats to ditch income are mods though. Edit them to increase the purchase price. I think someone mentioned paint skins are some of the easier ones.
flyboy463

#3280 Post by flyboy463 » 04 Aug 2020 02:21

Any chance we could have the option to have our range selection act as a fast split (no need to take it out of gear to change range, like a 10 speed going from 5 to 6 for example)? I just want it to behave like the splitter selection works. My reasoning is that I have the Mack R mod and a realistic Spicer 6 X 4 compound transmission setup, with a TH8A acting as my 6 speed box and my g27 shifter as my 4 speed brownie/auxiliary transmission. Right now with my current setup, I have to pass through neutral in my main box if I want to go from "under" to "direct" in my brownie box, because I have the g27 setup to act like the range and splitter buttons (2 buttons and 2 states (on/off), = 4 "gears"), and this is unrealistic because I shouldn't have to touch my main box at all to shift my auxiliary, but I understand with the way the controls are currently laid out the game thinks I'm doing a range change.

EDIT: I'm pretty proud of this discovery, not gonna lie. I figured it out. Turns out, it's possible to actually simulate full functionality of twin sticks already in the game, all that's needed is a bit of knowledge on operators.

By editing the "mix gear"-s in the controls.sii file and setting them to "[hardware gear] & (gearsel1on | gearsel1off | gearsel2on | gearsel2off)", the main box gear (hardware gear in this case) won't engage and will default to neutral until one of the 4 conditions are met, in this case, it's the gears of the compound box. This means that actually shifting the compound box and passing it through neutral will make the game gears goto neutral until one of the compound gears is re-selected (and the engine is at the proper RPM). This let's one truly simulate twin sticks in this game.

Return to “Feature Wishlist and Suggestions”