[REL] [1.38+] Ownable Cargo Market Rework for ATS [02.10.20] ADR Placard Update

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
jarryed

Re: [WIP] Ownable Cargo Market Rework for ATS

#11 Post by jarryed » 03 Aug 2020 13:45

This looks very promising. Will definitely try it out once released.
You can never make a miserable person who complains about everything happy. They live by "If I can't be happy then no one can be happy."
Ludo Diabolo

#12 Post by Ludo Diabolo » 03 Aug 2020 13:53

Likewise, I'm going to take this mod when it comes out, because it's really what's missing from the game to be more enjoyable.

It would also be good to modify the unloading docks, SCS should review that since time .......

when you see that you're emptying wood chips on a loading dock nothing is real in there, whereas for example emptying in this kind of space is much more credible ....

[ external image ]
ETS2:promods + Middle-East Add-On + TGS / ATS:promods Canada

SORRY MY ENGLISH, I'M FRENCH.
LAFAYET47

#13 Post by LAFAYET47 » 03 Aug 2020 18:55

@Shyfty221 @The Old Fart @jarryed @LudoModding

Thank you all for your kind words, they really mean to me! I will try to keep improving the mod as much as I can, and I also really hope SCS keeps adding more companies in the future. They are really necessary for a logical distribution chain. But one thing is that I can´t keep adding endless cargoes since many of them won´t have any sense due to the limited amount of companies in the game.

Little sneak peek of what is coming for containers:

1.the 40ft reefer container. Please ignore the skin, it's a private adaptation from another mod. This mod won´t include any regular/reefer/tanker containers skins, they will be the plain SCS ones. Once Arnook releases his container skinpack for ATS, I will be adapting this mod for compatibility with that one.
[ external image ]

The 20ft & 40ft diesel container
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

20ft & 40ft pesticide container

[ external image ]
[ external image ]

I also have a question for all of you. Do you know if is there any specific cargo that gets hauled a lot and it's missing in ATS for some reason? what new cargoes would you add?

Best Regards,
The Old Fart

#14 Post by The Old Fart » 03 Aug 2020 21:07

@LAFAYET47, here are a few cargo ideas off the top of my head:

Toilet paper, auto parts, production machinery, pet food, grooming products (soap, shampoo, etc), carpet rolls, mattresses, snack food. sporting goods (hockey pucks, footballs, etc).

I think all of these are common loads, with the benefit being that while most can go to a wholesaler, much of it can also go to a grocery / department store as well. Auto parts and production machinery (lathes, milling machines, presses, etc), industrial cleaners can go to a variety of industries.

I think we're all looking forward to your mod - keep up the great work.
Old Fart Trucking - I haul ass, and everything else!
LAFAYET47

#15 Post by LAFAYET47 » 03 Aug 2020 21:20

Thanks for your input. Well some of the cargoes you have mentioned are already in vanilla ATS, in one way or another (for example car parts, production machinery or pet food, maybe with slightly different names).The other ones are quite good, I will see how I could implement them properly in some future update.

I still need to check a few more in/outs of companies and I think the mod will be ready for release ;)
Skoot

#16 Post by Skoot » 03 Aug 2020 21:39

There are some reefer cargos in ETS2, such as medical vaccines, medical equipment, computer processors (not so reefer actually), cut flowers, etc. that are completely missing in ATS. Those are somewhat tricky to haul as they're fragile and high-valued, plus vaccines are HazMat class 6.

Edit: solar panels are a big thing today, so they can be a nice cargo for a dry van. ;)
LAFAYET47

#17 Post by LAFAYET47 » 03 Aug 2020 21:55

yep, medical vaccines and equipment are included in my mod, but they won´t spawn anywhere because we don´t have the proper companies (medical) to move them yet. If I remember correctly, in the early days of ATS there was a pharmaceutical company planned, but it never made to the game for unknown reasons. That would have been awesome for including all the medical stuff cargoes.

As for the solar panels, Iberia for ETS2 has a big chance of bringing this type of cargo, judging the blogposts. Maybe this load will come to ATS too, but I have my doubts. If not I will add them for sure in my mod.
Skoot

#18 Post by Skoot » 03 Aug 2020 22:03

Medical stuff spawns at the logistics companies in ETS2 as well as in airports and is shipped between those. Nice to know you got them covered anyways.
Deltatristar500

#19 Post by Deltatristar500 » 04 Aug 2020 14:30

Looking forward to this mod. Will cattle and other animals be from lets say farm to farm since they dont have a processing facility?
Asus Tuf Gaming Plus B550
Asus Ryzen 9 5800x3D
Asus Geforce 4080 RTX OC Edition
64GB DDR4 Ram 3600Mhz
EVGA 850W Power Supply
2 TB NVME PCIE gen 4
Windows 10
Ludo Diabolo

#20 Post by Ludo Diabolo » 04 Aug 2020 21:58

really nice container, nice work, there would be so much new shipping that would be welcome in ATS, that the list would be long lol.

But really the biggest job SCS has to do is to review its delivery system, and especially to a specific location according to the load that is being transported ;).

and not only 2 triggers for all cargoes, fortunately your Mods will already fix that, but it's mostly the triggers that are badly done at SCS used to deliver logs or wood chips on a freight dock lol what ....
ETS2:promods + Middle-East Add-On + TGS / ATS:promods Canada

SORRY MY ENGLISH, I'M FRENCH.

Return to “Others”