Colorado Discussion Thread

flight50

Re: Colorado Discussion Thread

#1111 Post by flight50 » 02 Aug 2020 01:13

@dantastic yeah I have several of those blade pics in the ATS Special Transport link in my signature. Go to page 43 and scroll down. If you scroll down far enough, you will see SCS is already following that thread.
Capito

#1112 Post by Capito » 03 Aug 2020 16:56

While traveling several years back I came across a wind turbine blade standing on end Located in a rest stop along I-80 between Casey, IA and Adair, IA for visitors to see. It was an interesting experience standing next to it and taking note to how truly big they are. I add it here for scale reference for this conversation and hope that later on they add it to the IA DLC when it comes. It is my hope that they don't shorten the blades and turbines too much. I understand game scale and turning radius may present conflicts. The thing is they are large items and shouldn't, in my opinion, be decreased in size (significantly) to accommodate an existing trailer. They're a specific cargo that merits a specific trailer similar to the frac-tank trailer provided in 1.36. I hope they receive the care they deserve. Living in the Midwest, I see a number of these pass along the freeway regularly, though mostly blades and base pieces, occasional the turbine itself. They're always fun to see.

https://www.google.com/maps/@41.4974313 ... 384!8i8192
Xaagon

#1113 Post by Xaagon » 03 Aug 2020 18:53

OK, that rest area needs to be included in Iowa DLC!

It's funny how big anything looks when you turn it vertical. Like 1,000 feet doesn't seem that far looking straight ahead, but it looks pretty far when looking straight down into the Royal Gorge. https://www.google.com/maps/@38.4617425 ... 200!8i3600
flight50

#1114 Post by flight50 » 03 Aug 2020 19:19

I hope when Texas comes, we can get Sweetwater,Tx as scenic at least. We can get this. The writing is a bit different here though. It is close to Abilene but it has some real nice industries.

@Capito I completely agree. The towers however can be hauled on the current HH trailers. But that blades, we really need a new trailer for it. It could be a non articulating trailer or articulating but the max length is questionable. The devs really have to plan it out very very well to make those turns. Off Interstate ramps, we can really only get off and on roads that have double lanes on the exit and on ramps. Single lane ramps without articulating trailers will prove to difficult. But at the most, I think SCS can do 80-85% of the blade's true size. If they can do more, great but I don't expect it. That might be asking for too much.

But to benefit from such a new trailer, that is why I also mentioned doing steel and concrete I-beams for bridges before. That way, we can get several different cargoes at least on this new trailer type. If the energy industry comes to us like in ETS2 with solar and then in Wyoming the coal industry, energy can come to ATS. Along with that, the tube/pole trailer can also house long wood telephone poles and the huge metal poles that hold up electrical wires. Lets also add in very long water pipes as well. We can get more uses out of such a trailer than just blades. I just posted some new ideas to the ATS Special Transport. See my signature for new files that I speak of.

The frac tank probably took more work to build and it came. It's specific to liquid storage and its the cargo itself. There is no other purpose for the frac but it is critical to liquid storage in the game. The tube/pole trailer can have up to about half a dozen cargoes or so if they want to max that trailer out with cargo. I think its work building a new trailer for long loads in ATS/ETS2. It should be okay not being owned just like the frac tank. With only 6 cargoes, I doubt many would want to own it anyways.
Tails

#1115 Post by Tails » 03 Aug 2020 21:49

some other cargo terminals like this Swift transportation terminal here in the city of Denver ,Colorado

https://www.google.ca/maps/place/Swift+ ... 04.8976768
like to explore new areas of maps for both ATS and ETS2.

WOT profile https://worldoftrucks.com/en/profile/4885036
flight50

#1116 Post by flight50 » 04 Aug 2020 02:16

There are tons of logistics haulers in most cities. It would be cool to get a couple more at least once all the US is covered. We really only have the UPS and the Fedex one. There's a good 8 or so that are fairly National. I've named them several times in the past but I'd just be repeating like a tap recorder as usual. They do take up a lot of space though. I'd almost rather see warehouses/distribution centers. Lots of product can come in from specific manufacturer's but with mixed loads/multi-drop, we can get ton of cargo combinations leaving such facilities.
NotABurnerAccount

#1117 Post by NotABurnerAccount » 04 Aug 2020 03:22

Capito wrote: 03 Aug 2020 16:56 While traveling several years back I came across a wind turbine blade standing on end Located in a rest stop along I-80 between Casey, IA and Adair, IA for visitors to see. It was an interesting experience standing next to it and taking note to how truly big they are. I add it here for scale reference for this conversation and hope that later on they add it to the IA DLC when it comes. It is my hope that they don't shorten the blades and turbines too much. I understand game scale and turning radius may present conflicts. The thing is they are large items and shouldn't, in my opinion, be decreased in size (significantly) to accommodate an existing trailer. They're a specific cargo that merits a specific trailer similar to the frac-tank trailer provided in 1.36. I hope they receive the care they deserve. Living in the Midwest, I see a number of these pass along the freeway regularly, though mostly blades and base pieces, occasional the turbine itself. They're always fun to see.

https://www.google.com/maps/@41.4974313 ... 384!8i8192
Iowa resident here. It's pretty cool to see anyone from out of the state get geeked up about anything here. But yea, I can't wait to see the Adair windfarm in ATS. And if anyone at SCS is interested in planting an Easter egg, look up landmarks in Riverside, IA, just south of Iowa City.

Also fun fact: You can cross the Iowa River on the Iowa Ave. Bridge in Iowa City, Iowa. Creative, we are.
SmokeyWolf

#1118 Post by SmokeyWolf » 04 Aug 2020 11:46

@flight50 where do we have UPS and FedEx? If ABQ is UPS technically UPS air cargo HQ is in Louisville, KY and pull out of there a lot.
flight50

#1119 Post by flight50 » 04 Aug 2020 16:15

UDS=UPS and FedEx=I don't remember the SCS name. I used P16s mods too and if I recall Sell Goods was Fedex. I don't remember what he used for UPS. Mods can be whatever though so that doesn't mean that's what SCS intended them to be. SCS did however put in those carrier's trucks though.
Tails

#1120 Post by Tails » 04 Aug 2020 16:18

I think Fed Ex in game is Called Post ED
like to explore new areas of maps for both ATS and ETS2.

WOT profile https://worldoftrucks.com/en/profile/4885036

Return to “General discussion about the game”