Mods to Vanilla

cwat89

Re: Mods to Vanilla

#31 Post by cwat89 » 04 Aug 2020 23:43

@akim well... if I was forced to I could live without everything but the wheel pack and 3 of the 4 sound mods (wind noise not a must just neat). Those are an absolute no questions asked must have for me.
cip

#32 Post by cip » 05 Aug 2020 13:32

mira666 wrote: 04 Aug 2020 16:39 the more i don't play with mods the less I miss it
I can understand, the more you resist without smoking the highest chances you have to stop for good ;) for me is the opposite, the more I play with my traffic density and sounds the less I like the default traffic :lol:
@akima if SCS will increase the traffic density, they will need to increase also the minimum PC requirements and half of the users might be in trouble. besides SCS will need to reply to the huge traffic issues that may happen at increased traffic, therefore SCS increasing traffic will not happen anytime soon. as for traffic sounds this do not affect performance, but SCS prefer to have 3-4 traffic sound for all vehicles because many don;t care about traffic sounds based on the realistic idea that what you hear from the cabin is just some tire noise
Enjoy driving with my Real Traffic Density for ETS2 and ATS
Enjoy listening my Real Ai Traffic FMOD Sounds for ETS2 and ATS
I have quit SCS forum...
JBruin

#33 Post by JBruin » 05 Aug 2020 14:19

I started playing ATS when it released in 2016 started with vanilla and began to ad mods. 30 total back then and enjoyed the game. Left for a year of playing as real life changes happen. Started back in 2018 and many mods were abandoned. I also began playing in VR and for two years played only in VR and was down to four mods.
Recently I played my first beta, 1.38 and was impressed at how far they have come with the base game and the sacrifice in game quality I had to make to to play in VR. I now have gone back to a monitor, no more VR, and no mods. I enjoy the game very much in vanilla and really, for me, see no need for mods.

I would like to see SCS one day implement a realistic economy option in game options.

Mods and mod groups are needed and help push the game creators to improve the game further.
cwat89

#34 Post by cwat89 » 09 Oct 2020 11:47

@akima I’ve gone thru and weeded out some items from my list. It was bothering me having quite the long list for what’s supposed to be a minimal profile being as it’s my main one :lol:

Now I have 3 engine packs because each one is unique to a specific truck. I have sound fixes pack and smarty’s wheel pack. These are all a must. Everything else is gone from my previous one. I would like the engines to be in one mod together but it is what it is.
mira666

#35 Post by mira666 » 09 Oct 2020 15:56

cip wrote: 05 Aug 2020 13:32 @akima if SCS will increase the traffic density, they will need to increase also the minimum PC requirements and half of the users might be in trouble.
However what if they made it on a sliding option, same as the graphics, so they keep the default density, but if you have a rig capable then you can whack it up?

As others have said it would be nice to have more paint jobs in ATS, more applicable paint jobs for trailers in both ETS2 and ATS for those of us that have bought multiple DLC paintjobs. An improved cabin accessories pack for ATS wouldn't go wrong either.
ETS2 and ATS Vanilla Gamer 2012-Now
akima

#36 Post by akima » 09 Oct 2020 19:48

@cwat89 - nice! I'm still on just two mods: the amazing Sound Fixes Pack and the awesome Realistic Rain mod. I keep getting tempted to install other mods, but I don't because:

- I don't want to delay the installation of new versions of ATS waiting for 3rd party devs to update their mods.
- I don't want to risk introducing glitches and bugs resultant from mods; especially the kind of glitches I've heard players report when they remove a mod that is no longer compatible with the latest version of ATS. e.g. I've heard of people assigning mod-trucks to employees and the game messing up when those mod trucks are removed (makes sense it would glitch here).
- Simplicity is nice!
SmokeyWolf

#37 Post by SmokeyWolf » 10 Oct 2020 18:59

I just went back to Vanilla. The sound update they did for 1.39 are better than ever!
hypervoodoo77

#38 Post by hypervoodoo77 » 15 Oct 2020 11:47

Yes recently went to vanilla on both ETS2 and ATS .
The waiting for mods to update time and time again started to irritate me.
I do still keep some truck mods I like for example the k100 and flc freightliner in the mod manager but only activate them when I actually use it otherwise they are off.
To be honest I do think personally that the modding scene on especially ETS2 is losing its developers.
This year multiple big mods (like naturalux, TSM, etc) were abandonned and some good modders stopt sharing due to theft.
Also lots of vehicle mods are not updated or to late because the next update is out.
In no way am I criticizing modders just stating the obvious.
playing vanilla justy makes life easier also you learn to reappreciate the work scs themselves do.
SmokeyWolf

#39 Post by SmokeyWolf » 15 Oct 2020 15:57

@hypervoodoo77 I agree and this is why I have steered away from mods. With each update SCS is making it a lot easier to go vanilla and never look back.

We all know sounds is not SCS strong suite but with 1.39 it has improved a lot to where I can go vanilla.
Last edited by SmokeyWolf on 15 Oct 2020 16:40, edited 2 times in total.
soupflakes

#40 Post by soupflakes » 07 Sep 2022 17:18

To what other people have said, there's a very easy youtube video on how to separate out your profile save and duplicate it. That's what I'd recommend, I keep one vanilla for when I'm hanging and convoying with the guys, and one modded for when I'm playing by myself (Can't beat some of these amazing mods! I mean, just look at this K100E with BART Moddings Great Dane!

[ external image ]

Return to “Vanilla Gamers”