Colorado Discussion Thread

Bedavd

Re: Colorado Discussion Thread

#1141 Post by Bedavd » 06 Aug 2020 20:54

When I think of restaurant/hotel/etc I think of Gordon Food. Turns out they’re only in the eastern US and Canada. In all my years in food service we always got our products from GFS.
Check out my Michigan research map!
Check out my ATS IRL map! -> Leave any feedback in my thread!
Kansas added! Up-to-date blog photo locations for upcoming states also included.
flight50

#1142 Post by flight50 » 06 Aug 2020 21:49

That's why regional companies should also be apart of ATS. That mixed with national chains really makes ATS click. It also represents real life.
Xaagon

#1143 Post by Xaagon » 07 Aug 2020 04:29

I really hope that as SCS adds new companies with new states that they also sprinkle them into the existing DLCs. For example, throw a Fishtail Foods into San Francisco or an Avalanche Steel scrapyard into Albuquerque. Regional companies are fine, but we need to have those industries represented where they would be in real life.

Also, I want to see some new company trailers. New companies have been added up through Utah DLC, but the last new trailers came with Washington. I'm talking about logos on dry vans, not new specialized trailers.
flight50

#1144 Post by flight50 » 07 Aug 2020 07:37

I agree on the new companies. I love new logos on trailers. Especially since I dropped P16s 3d logo mod. I am getting use to the SCS default skins again. We need more though.
gandalf7472000

#1145 Post by gandalf7472000 » 07 Aug 2020 08:06

@flight50 Have you tried this mod?
viewtopic.php?f=202&t=203108#p531249

I have it in my test profile for now. No problems so far and it looks good enough.
There are naive questions, tedious questions, ill-phrased questions, questions put after inadequate self-criticism. But every question is a cry to understand the world. There is no such thing as a dumb question.

Carl Sagan
flight50

#1146 Post by flight50 » 07 Aug 2020 13:38

Yep. When I first started using mods in 2016-2017, that was the first company mod I used and it worked well until SCS changed to 3d models. Textures alone didn't work so that's when I went over to P16. I have chosen to continue without company mods though. I'd rather just get use to SCS companies again so when people talk about companies, I don't still confuse them with the mod names. I became very depended on P16s mod as it and SiSl's trailer mod where my 2 only must have mods. So it was just easier to let it go. It made it easier with Idaho not having any new companies. But with Colorado, we know there is Vistas and Kolico. No telling what else there could be. I am sure Coors in Golden is in the game. Whether deliverable or not, no telling. But I wanted to welcome SCS companies back into the playing field. As long as I run SiSl's trailer pack, I still get immersion that way in real US companies. His mod seems like it rarely needs updating so not much dependency of waiting for mod updates. Unless I learn to start modding US companies, I'll try to avoid them. I know I'd keep the updated, but depending on others for a must have mod, has affected my content level.

I sure hope that Colorado receives much more than just those two new companies though. There is oil/gas and there is mining there. With Colorado, we will have 9 total states. That's a lot imo to still only have just one oil/gas company. Before Texas comes, it would be nice to get at least 1 new mining company and one new oil/gas company. Hopefully with Colorado, SCS will go back and update Eastern New Mexico to take on deliverable oil/gas as well as the lil bit of Great Plains it has. Otherwise the update should come with Texas. But there is lot of dairy and cattle for beef in Eastern NM near the Texas border. The game already has dairies and based on the last Colorado blog, seems like cattle/livestock will finally make its way to ATS. New Mexico and Utah should join Colorado in this industry.
FrancescoMasci

#1147 Post by FrancescoMasci » 08 Aug 2020 09:51

I'm still hanging on to P16 mod as long as it works with SCS updates.
In ETS2, I'm ok with fake companies because I don't really know them anyways, but not in ATS. It wouldn't feel like USA for me.
Sora

#1148 Post by Sora » 08 Aug 2020 13:52

Xaagon wrote: 07 Aug 2020 04:29 Also, I want to see some new company trailers. New companies have been added up through Utah DLC, but the last new trailers came with Washington. I'm talking about logos on dry vans, not new specialized trailers.
Kinda hard to do this when they've barely added any new companies period.

Pretty sure they've only added two companies since Washington? And DeMuro probably wouldn't have had unique trailers anyway since Drake doesn't.
flight50

#1149 Post by flight50 » 08 Aug 2020 15:22

@FrancescoMasci I am the same way with ETS2. Since I don't know them, I stopped using real companies. But I 100% agree that it don't feel like the US without that mod. I become to dependent on it though. I still have his mod as well but I forced myself to ditch it. He had many that he still didn't convert and looking ahead, when SCS does add new one like Vistas = Vestes and Kolico = Coca Cola/Pepsi coming as soon a Colorado, then it would be off eventually and worse. Only about 1/4 of the US is done. A loooong way to go still. But learning to fix his mod is something I have considered. I just don't have time and it takes away driving time from me as I only have the weekends. I hope Colorado will follow a different footpath than Idaho did. At least a handful of new companies would be nice.

@Sora yes you are correct. Utah only added 2 new companies. DeMuro Cars and Farmer's Barn. Farmer's Barn should have a new trailer though. Car transport, yeah I agree, no need. But Farmer's Barn should have been very easy. A white trailer with the exact logo somewhere on the trailer would have worked. Wouldn't have taken much effort.

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

Lets hope Kolico gets the ETS2 skin at least. If they did a different logo or even changed the name altogether, the dlc isn't released yet so it wouldn't bother me one bit.
Sora

#1150 Post by Sora » 09 Aug 2020 01:51

To be honest I thought Farmer's Barn actually had a trailer and I'm sort of surprised it doesn't. I could swear I've seen one before, but it must have been my imagination.

Honestly I feel the opposite about real companies: the way most industries work in ATS is so strange and jarring to me that I find fake companies more immersive. That extra layer of obfuscation makes me feel slightly better about taking an entire truck of raw potatoes directly to what would otherwise be a Walgreens, or about how most companies have no competitors whatsoever.

Return to “General discussion about the game”