What's the point of posting bug reports anymore? [NOT A BUG]

Vinnie Terranova

What's the point of posting bug reports anymore? [NOT A BUG]

#1 Post by Vinnie Terranova » 08 Aug 2020 10:11

Both ATS and ETS2 are beautiful, gorgeous and awesome games of a very high quality. At the same time they are quite complex, too, which of course can lead to some bugs. As I love playing both games, the main reason for that is the quality of both games. And that's the reason that when I find a bug, I will report it, so the game will contain less bugs, and the quality increases even more.

But... some days ago I posted a few bug reports. Unfortunately it seems some of them are being totally ignored; they didn't get a bug ticket number or any other feedback at all.

That brings me to this question: what is the point of posting bug reports anymore? I put a lot of effort in my bug reports, but if they are ignored anyway, why should I post them?

Two examples: Weird things happen at random event and Neverending detour loopings.

In the meantime I found a bug in Idaho. As the search function of the SCS forum is inadequate it's impossible to know if this bug is reported before, so normally I would post that bug anyway. I also found a bug all over the place (base map and all official map DLCs). But if my bug reports are ignored anyway, I really see no point anymore to post them as bug reports.
Underscore_101_

Re: What's the point of posting bug reports anymore?

#2 Post by Underscore_101_ » 08 Aug 2020 11:19

idk if it's relevant, but you're supposed to post your game.log.txt with the bug report, you didn't with the examples in your post....

Other than that, I think SCS are aware of some problems with the detours, in your detour looping examples, have you tried setting new waypoints and/or avoid points, because that's kinda the point of detours...?
Vinnie Terranova

#3 Post by Vinnie Terranova » 08 Aug 2020 11:34

I almost never post game.log.txt with my bug reports as usually the bugs I found are easily to detect with the corresponding coordinates and screenshots I give. If I for instance would find a bug that leads to a CTD I ofcourse would post also my game.log.txt.

About the problems with detours: if it would only occur at one particular location, I wouldn't mind setting new waypoints/avoid point. The point is, however, that this looping occurs at way too many locations; it clearly is some kind of design flaw and therefore it is a bug.
But then again, why doesn't SCS consider this as a bug? Or why don't they give some feedback? I feel like SCS is ignoring my bug reports.
plykkegaard

#4 Post by plykkegaard » 08 Aug 2020 11:45

Vinnie Terranova wrote: 08 Aug 2020 10:11 But if my bug reports are ignored anyway
My assumption is that no bug reports are ignored, but there is a huge time span currently between the date for report and when it is acknowledged, 2-3 weeks atm

As mentioned the requirements need to be followed for every and each report, good description, good self explained images etc, you probably know the drill already
It is not to amuse you, but to help the staff at SCS :)

Eg your report named "Empty random event", Max can't really do anything without the game log quite obvious it is put on ice until you can give the needed information
Every time i find a bug I will create a copy of the game log and rename it with current data/time in the filename, then I can report it later at my own convinience

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
Etrusan

#5 Post by Etrusan » 08 Aug 2020 11:51

Technically, your posts are not bug reports, because they don't have all the needed info, namely the log as you stated.
Seasonic SSR-650TD; Intel Core i5-6700K; Gainward GTX 1060 6GB Phoenix GS; 2x Kingston HyperX Fury 8GB; 2x Crucial MX500 2TB; 3x Seagate IronWolf Pro; Corsair Force MP510 960GB; 2x 24" AOC I2481FXH; Windows 10

www.etrusan.net
Madkine
Global moderator

#6 Post by Madkine » 08 Aug 2020 12:05

Also SCS has never said every report will be responded to quickly. If you watch the bug forums you'll see that sporadically older bug reports get responded too.
WoT Profile
ATS Workshop

"never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"

Return to “Frequently Asked Question”