Wishlists Megathread

joschac2

Re: Wishlists Megathread

#3281 Post by joschac2 » 05 Aug 2020 01:18

I do wish the AI will use horn and flash their high beams to you and other AI

I,v seen AI cut off another AI, would be neat to see the AI honking and flashing there beams as I past
Bobble2020

#3282 Post by Bobble2020 » 12 Aug 2020 19:40

Not seen it mentioned but my wish would be the ability to check or uncheck using weighbridges , To me they are a completely pointless addition and you can never risk overtaking another truck if you know one is coming up , as if you do you can guarantee getting called into one , Or you overtake a convoy of trucks and can guarantee again getting pulled in so the queue of trucks passes you while you are crawling through it at 15 mph .

The other thing is being given time to get across level crossing before the barrier descends , I have wrecked my truck approx 5 times where i start across the crossing , the lights flash and immediately the barriers come down throwing your truck and trailer around doing a ton of damage to it
flight50

#3283 Post by flight50 » 12 Aug 2020 20:23

I had to actually look up what a weighbridge was, lol. I am so use to only knowing them as weigh stations. Well you can do like most, including myself.....we just ignore them. I only stop to discover them if I haven't already. Until they are functional, I 95% of the time I don't stop anymore. There is so much money in your account typically that the fine won't hurt at all.
Vinnie Terranova

#3284 Post by Vinnie Terranova » 12 Aug 2020 22:04

I do almost exactly the same: if I haven't discovered a weigh station, I just drive through the weigh station; I don't stop at all. Btw, a weighbridge is just part of a weigh station.
I see a lot of potential in ATS in the future.
flight50

#3285 Post by flight50 » 12 Aug 2020 22:10

I see the potential as well. I think one day it will come because they keep putting them in the game where they are in real life. It should be just a matter of time. But until we get control of our loads on what we can haul, we won't get it.
Vinnie Terranova

#3286 Post by Vinnie Terranova » 12 Aug 2020 22:31

I think it will indeed be a matter of time: look what they did with truckstops, for instance. ATS is continuous evolving.
flight50

#3287 Post by flight50 » 12 Aug 2020 23:02

Thanks to Jakub, truck stops are a big thing now. Based on yesterday's stream, it sound's like Jakub is about to really start brainstorming some stuff for his team. Management granted him 2 months downtime to formulate thoughts. I won't be surprised if weigh station are on his menu. Maybe even truck washes, garage customizing upgrades, more complex prefabs, more industries, cargo, dealership upgrades (service shops similar). That's why I like Jakub and Patrik.

Those two guys are passionate about their jobs. We lost Ondrej but we still have these two. I am sure the Idaho team has moved on without Jakub but he can fill in later. His thoughts could will be interesting to know of. I wish I knew what it was like to brainstorm at SCS. Seems intriguing to be part of the process. Sitting in on meetings, voting this or that, formulating what could work and how to implement it. It's easier for me to see the potential in ATS because I live here in the US. Most thoughts I have come from just observing the environment I am in. The other half of my thoughts comes from just communicating with members on here. Either way, its intriguing to me.
Vinnie Terranova

#3288 Post by Vinnie Terranova » 13 Aug 2020 07:01

For me brainstorming is also part of the game, as well as discussing on the forums. When I play ATS I sometimes get some ideas about improving the game, just by playing it and observing the game vs the real world. I'm very curious what ideas Jakub comes up with.
Tails

#3289 Post by Tails » 13 Aug 2020 16:41

Some ideas for car transporter trailers for more variety.

Enclosed transporter trailer for hauling cars hopefully some luxury car and sports cars shipments.

[ external image ]

Transporter trailer with an overhang style.

[ external image ]

Motorcycle transporter trailer

[ external image ]
like to explore new areas of maps for both ATS and ETS2.

WOT profile https://worldoftrucks.com/en/profile/4885036
hangman005

#3290 Post by hangman005 » 14 Aug 2020 07:31

Not sure if they are actually a thing, but some multi stage Special Transport jobs would be cool, especially as the map continues to expand. So instead of just going from A to B, you go from A to C or D stopping at B and or C to rest and refuel.

Return to “Feature Wishlist and Suggestions”