ATS folder localization

anak

ATS folder localization

#1 Post by anak » 16 Sep 2020 17:11

Where can I find ATS (or ETS2) folder, where Def or Engine etc... folders can be found?
Underscore_101_

Re: ATS folder localization

#2 Post by Underscore_101_ » 16 Sep 2020 17:45

For a default win 10 installation: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common

the folders you are looking for are packed inside .scs archives that you can't just extract with winrar or 7zip, you need the scs extractor, which you can find here:

https://modding.scssoft.com/wiki/Main_Page

I've linked the main page and not a direct link to the file, idk how experienced you are, but since you needed to ask for those folders i'm just bluntly assuming not that much, please forgive me if you are.

Anyhoo, read the wiki before you download and extract anything.
anak

#3 Post by anak » 16 Sep 2020 20:17

Thanks _101 I found it. U right I'm not experienced, at least in this game.
Regarding the question I made in another post about no steering wheels in the profile where I installed Mario Map, do you have any guess?
Underscore_101_

#4 Post by Underscore_101_ » 17 Sep 2020 03:08

I have no idea why your steering wheels are missing, don't remember ever having such a problem or reading about it in forums and I've never played with Mario Map.

Have you posted/linked your game.log.txt with the other post?
The Old Fart

#5 Post by The Old Fart » 17 Sep 2020 11:05

I've recently had a 'disappearing steering wheel' situation. It turned out it was a 'new and updated' version of a mod I was looking at - the truck had a def error in the dealer and desktop files (the latter probably being copy pasted from the former) which caused the wheel to vanish. I wish I could remember which one it was.

Oh, I just remembered something else - there was also a steering whee; mod which was out sometime in the few months. It also had def errors and when you started the game with it enabled your truck had no steering wheel.
Old Fart Trucking - I haul ass, and everything else!

Return to “Game Localization”