Wishlists Megathread

plykkegaard

Re: Wishlists Megathread

#3651 Post by plykkegaard » 20 Sep 2020 13:07

In this case it is coding, it narrows it down

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
harishw8r

#3652 Post by harishw8r » 20 Sep 2020 15:52

Multi-drop is a pure coding problem.
Lillen

#3653 Post by Lillen » 20 Sep 2020 18:02

I would love a rework of all resting spots and cargo spots to support the long trailers. Some of those spots are very hard, next to impossible or right up impossible to use with the long trailers and the double trailers.
RoxyQuarry

#3654 Post by RoxyQuarry » 21 Sep 2020 16:27

I would really love to have more traffic vehicles with a higher poly count.
günther

#3655 Post by günther » 23 Sep 2020 06:57

It would be very nice if scs takes a look at the ki because it sometimes just stops on the street for no reason (even without mods). what would be an enrichment are tank trucks for diesel and co with signs. The container signs with the tare are also incorrect and should be revised.
Vinnie Terranova

#3656 Post by Vinnie Terranova » 23 Sep 2020 08:56

harishw8r wrote: 20 Sep 2020 15:52Multi-drop is a pure coding problem.
Is it? If it's pure a coding problem, it doesn't look like a very hard coding problem to me. But then, why don't we yet have multi-drop in game, while we are asking about it for a couple of years? Or is it a hard coding problem? What about older SCS truck games? Has any of them multi-drop? If so, then multi-drop really shouldn't be a problem to code.
Mic_2

#3657 Post by Mic_2 » 23 Sep 2020 09:42

I think it is a coding problem is that the whole idea of a cargo is that is going from place A to place B, where the cargo needs to be loaded in place A and unloaded in place B. I think the best way to make multi-drop work is to allow for a trailer to carry multiple cargoes, each with a source and a destination. This would probably require a lot of changes to the loading / unloading, trailer capacaty etc. A lot of these changes would also need to be reflected in the GUI, for example being able to see how full the trailer is. Trailers therefor need to have a proper definition of how much of a cargo it can carry, and which cargoes can be carried at the same time.

These are of course specultations of the exact things that need to change, but I expect they are indeed some of the changes required. In the end, it will still take a lot of work, and the trailer ownership was probably the first step towards multi-drop. I think that, if there are no license issues, we will see rigids before multi-drop because with TO the code for that seems to be a lot more complete
plykkegaard

#3658 Post by plykkegaard » 23 Sep 2020 10:16

Vinnie Terranova wrote: 23 Sep 2020 08:56 it doesn't look like a very hard coding problem
It's a little more than enabling an option, you would have known this if you have worked in the business
Redesigning existing software is not a task that should be taken lightly

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
Vinnie Terranova

#3659 Post by Vinnie Terranova » 23 Sep 2020 10:31

That's ofcourse not what I meant. I know it's more than setting a boolean value from 0 to 1. But is it a hard coding problem for SCS themselves? And what about the visual aspect of trailers, especially the cargo on the lowboys, flatbeds, etc? I therefore think that it is not just all about a coding problem.
plykkegaard

#3660 Post by plykkegaard » 23 Sep 2020 11:07

When you add a new features to existing code it is difficult as you do not want to break existing functionality at the same time you also have to plan for future extensions
You need to take extra care maybe try different approaches especially if you change the core system

As a start you could have multiple drop points for closed trailers, in this case you do not need the extra 3D models

Return to “Feature Wishlists and Suggestions”