What are your volume settings for interior view? [ETS2]

davidzoli

What are your volume settings for interior view? [ETS2]

#1 Post by davidzoli » 17 Oct 2020 05:49

Since 1.39 we have several volume slider to mix the sounds to meet our taste. It's nice, but I want to achieve something like real.

I've memories form the past what is like to travel in a real truck and I try to watch/listen good quality interior youtube videos while someone drives one. I feel like SCS don't want or can't reproduce the proper mixing of the recorded sound tracks. Maybe there are some other reasons (some players like/want to hear specific sounds always).
Ok, I see. But I want to play the game as a simulator. I want something close to reality.

Dear people, what are the sound settings in your game when you try to make it as real as possible?
Could you post your suggestions, opinions? Maybe a screenshot of your sliders?

Here is mine:
[ external image ]

- I've turn down the turbo, but it can be heard on load.
- Traffic and world sound are not so loud in a truck's cabin. Nor the tire sounds.
- I've a bit louder exhaust sounds to get some more low sounds to "imitate" the cabin's "low-bypass" filter nature. Engine sounds are to mid-range heavy for me.
- I think the retarder is too loud. I cannot make it quieter.

Do you know where are these settings stored? I cannot find them in the config.cfg. Using, talking about number values would be better.

If you know a mod specifically for better interior sound realism, please let me know.
If you can make one, you'll get my $ :)

Thank you.
bumbumek

Re: What are your volume settings for interior view? [ETS2]

#2 Post by bumbumek » 18 Oct 2020 00:32

Hi mate,

my post will not be helpful to you (I just updated the game to 1.38 patch few days ago), but in my opinion, there is no one CLOSE TO REALITY setup for all trucks. I've played with few trucks since this FMOD was implemented, and everytime I had to change sliders separately for every truck. And YES, it is annoying (that's why save option for slider settings would be very useful). Your intentions are very clear to make real sounds, so I hope you will finally achieve your goal.

Sorry again for not helping you.
davidzoli

#3 Post by davidzoli » 18 Oct 2020 09:04

Hi,

This was helpful. Thank you! And you are right. Until this I've been driving one truck. I changed and you are right. Every truck has to have it's own setup. The sound files are not equally loud.
I just cry back the old system... :)
abasstreppas

#4 Post by abasstreppas » 18 Oct 2020 10:26

I have asked to put the truck sound settings to the F4 button to at least make the sound settings bound to the active truck. It would be best to have a save function in the sound settings menu though ;)
bumbumek

#5 Post by bumbumek » 18 Oct 2020 11:04

Dear abass, your F4 idea for sound settings is also very nice, imho better than save option 🙂

Few days ago I just switched from Range T to Hi-Way, and oh man, that was pure madness...I had to adjust almost every sound slider to achieve similar effect like I had in Range T, and still I'm not satisfied with the results 🙄 Fortunately I did a screenshot of sliders from Range T before I changed them for Iveco Hi-Way, so I could easily go back to them when I decide to drive Range T again.
Alex-dobr4060

#6 Post by Alex-dobr4060 » 18 Oct 2020 17:40

davidzoli wrote: 17 Oct 2020 05:49 Do you know where are these settings stored?
what you are looking for is located here:
...\Euro Truck Simulator 2 \ profiles \ profile_name \ config_local.cfg
and these settings can be INDIVIDUAL for each Profile.
Sorry for my bad English.
All will be well, when will be well.

Return to “Help center - player to player”