(Poll) Your first journey to Iberia

Which route/mode are you planning to use for your first official trip to the Iberian Peninsula?

From Bordeaux, France
23%
From Toulose, France
21%
Roads are boring man, ferries are cool!
4%
Why travel when you can purchase a garage remotely?
11%
Others (please mention)
41%

Total votes: 75

Mooner_37

Re: (Poll) Your first journey to Iberia

#11 Post by Mooner_37 » 17 Oct 2020 21:19

I want to dev cam to Madrid to see :P
Current Headquarters: Liège, Berlin, L.A. Luxemburg, Seattle
Current Trucks: ETS2: 15 ATS: 2
Driving Truck: ETS2: DAF XF ATS: Peterbilt 579
Current Mileage: ETS2: 462,317 km (287,270 miles) - ATS: 384,392 km (238,850 miles)
Level: ETS2: 65 - ATS: 55
rip_c_bennington

#12 Post by rip_c_bennington » 18 Oct 2020 04:08

Since Lyon was not reworked and we don't have the German A5, I rather want to avoid that route along Toulouse.
I think I will take a ferry, especially when Mallorca is included. But maybe I drive along Bordeaux to Bilbao instead.
When Andorra is included, I'm really interested to drive to there.

Sadly, there is no ferry to Portugal. :(

Btw, you spelled Toulose[sic] wrong in that vote.
CarbonGTGaming

#13 Post by CarbonGTGaming » 18 Oct 2020 04:27

I’ve planned my route to Iberia gonna get a job from Glasgow to ether Madrid or Lisbon
Quark

#14 Post by Quark » 18 Oct 2020 11:11

The thing is, unlike Colorado, we still don't know which connections we'll get at the end. At least 3, maybe 5 or even up to 6 (though unlikely) linking roads are possible + possibly 1-2 ferry connections, we will see. Therefore i cannot yet say exactly which route i will take to enter the Iberian Peninsula for the first time. One of the "minor" roads right through the mountains it will be. Then further south towards Madrid.
Some newbie driver

#15 Post by Some newbie driver » 18 Oct 2020 13:51

Not entirely correct @Quark

With the exception of final approaches to specific company yards, game only depicts highways and main conventional roads. It has all the sense because the map scale and because we are driving the biggest trucks on long haul routes , that will not bother to detour on very secondary roads. So, if we take that into consideration:

There's only 2 highways that cross the Pyrenees: AP7 on Mediterranean side and AP8 on Atlantic side. Near 70% of all the import/export of goods done in Spain is made by truck through those 2 roads (plus the trucks to/from Portugal). It's impossible SCS miss that, those two roads are going to be there 200% sure.

And main roads that cross the Pyrenees and that aren't too close to others so the map scale could be an issue aren't so many neither:
- The route through the Andorran "Pas de la Casa".
- The French N125 to the Spanish N-230 through Vall d'Aran (and probably due map scale, we will have either that one or the Andorran option, but not both)
- European route E7 through the Somport tunnels (French N134 to Spanish N-330)
- Roncesvalles mountain port (French D993 to Spanish N-135). But that one is really a very secondary road, I only mention it due it's the "better" road in the enormous gap between the E7 and the AP8, that gives room to SCS to put something in between if they want to.

We don't know how many of those 4 we will have in the game, but we can be pretty confident that we will have no one out of that list. And people who want a more direct and fast route will take for sure the AP-7 (to Barcelona and beyond that, following the coast or turning west to Madrid) or the AP-8 (to Bilbao and beyond that, following Atlantic coast or turning south to Madrid). So, we can do very safe bets about the routes we are going to take to enter Iberia.

Regards
Quark

#16 Post by Quark » 18 Oct 2020 22:20

Yes there is not much choice and the two "coastal" highways are of course a safe bet but you say it yourself: either N-125 to N-230 OR Pas de la Casa, and
we also don't know if we get D993 to N135. This is what i actually meant above, we still don't know exactly. But we will most likely get 4-5 options at the end.
I only know this much, the two highways are definitely not taken on "day 1", i'll certainly take one of the routes right through the Pyrenees that you have
mentioned.
Some newbie driver

#17 Post by Some newbie driver » 18 Oct 2020 23:05

Yeah, as I said, I expect to take one of those routes too. Above anything else that Iberia will contain, I want to drive on big mountainous zones made with the new tools, experience and resources SCS has now. Alps routes are OK enough in their layout, but the scenery is too old and limited and almost everything else we had in Europe is a green plain.

Corsica gave us a good glimpse of what we could have at Iberian mountain zones.
gaillard

#18 Post by gaillard » 19 Oct 2020 09:43

Like Aves, Montpellier.
Already bought a garage and my truck is sitting there, just waiting, tank full, repairs done.

Meanwhile, I switched to ATS, buying a garage and moving from Elko, previous base for invading Idaho, to Farmington...
Alex.

#19 Post by Alex. » 19 Oct 2020 13:52

I think my first journey will be from my main garage in Berlin to Madrid in Spain.
worldisblack

#20 Post by worldisblack » 19 Oct 2020 15:50

From Istanbul, of course.
Çukurova Logistics TB site: https://trucksbook.eu/company/65722
Çukurova Logistics TMP site: https://truckersmp.com/vtc/9892

Return to “General discussion about the game”