SCS General Discussion Thread

The forum dedicated to site issues, problems and wishes.
Some newbie driver

Re: SCS General Discussion Thread

#52251 Post by Some newbie driver » 22 Oct 2020 08:54

It could be a giveaway between the people that shared some image in a specific thread created for that in the forum. Or several other options that I'm sure they can imagine to interact with their customers.

And it could even be no giveaway at all, just to acknowledge we are here. Easy example: they use Twitter to announce the streams. Some of you when saw it use to share the links in the forum. It's so hard for them to publish here the announcement too? How much time could take them to create a post in the appropriate forum place? 1 minute? 2? Instead they let some of you make their work on a volunteer way. Not nice.

And in my specific case I even can't see those announcements in Twitter due my main browser configs (not ultra-strict and paranoid at all, just regular privacy options). I've to manually copy the link to a different browser if I want. I know that SCS is not going to left use Twitter, still less just because it's not usable for me. I'm not asking that at all, of course. But it doesn't say anything good about Twitter webpage to be blocked by very basic privacy options thus it doesn't say anything good of SCS that doesn't care for the privacy of their players by not giving them alternatives. To care about that kind of details should be part of the responsibilities of public relationships staff.

Regards

plykkegaard

#52252 Post by plykkegaard » 22 Oct 2020 08:55

Some newbie driver wrote:
22 Oct 2020 07:33
.. as a channel to communicate with their customers that this forum is, owned by themselves, I would expect their "public relations" (whatever the name it has the charge) crew to do a bit more of their work on here.
SCS has stated for a long time ago that the forum is offered as a free service, "owned" and driven by the community and then content is the responsibility of the community
I assume this also indicates that the forums will be not be used as an advertising or marketing platform other than the needed announcements

Yes domain name, logos, servers etc are properties of SCS software
Office moved to Fort Collins, Colorado

Some newbie driver

#52253 Post by Some newbie driver » 22 Oct 2020 09:08

I understand that kind of answer regarding the things we constantly talk about here. I mean, of course, they have no responsibility on what we say here and they don't control the forum content beyond letting their moderators to enforce a set of good behavior policies.

But what I say is that they have created and own this forum and it's a way to contact their customers; so it should be desirable that they use it that way instead of act as if it doesn't exist; that it's the sensation I'm having on recent times regarding their public relations staff. As I said, nothing to complain about all the tech staff coming here to help us; being that a HUGE difference in comparison with so many other developers.

Regards

plykkegaard

#52254 Post by plykkegaard » 22 Oct 2020 09:48

Yes I understand what you are saying
If SCS uses the forums as a marketing channel they also take ownership which SCS has clearly stated they will not
The moderators is not in any way associated with SCS, this has been mentioned more than once in the past
Office moved to Fort Collins, Colorado

Bandit & The Snowman

#52255 Post by Bandit & The Snowman » 22 Oct 2020 11:18

They've done the "more than xxx game hours on Steam" giveaway thing several times. Those were mostly giveaways at release, not random ones, and logically it was never map DLC.

Some newbie driver

#52256 Post by Some newbie driver » 22 Oct 2020 11:29

I understand you point of view plykkegaard. And lots of other game developers are so concerned of that that don't allow at all any crew member (identified as so) to participate in their own official forums. But in general I don't share that conclusion and specially in SCS case. They already announce here all the updates they do to the game, Vojta uses for it a subforum that is reserved specifically for SCS purposes. Up to some point, that's also a "marketing action" (apart of the obvious utility for the working of the bugs forum and others). And already mentioned too, they use this forum to directly communicate with people having problems with the game, or to talk about its inner workings for mods or other topics. As I see it, that doesn't mean at all that they take ownership of the rest of the contents of the rest of the forum. It just means they acknowledge those forums as a way to directly communicate with their customers. There should be no difference at all if they also would announce us here their community events and actions (for example).

And of course, there will be some time that they could forget about inform everywhere, or don't have time to properly prepare the info to be shared everywhere or it could be an event they considered focused on a single social network so it will be no notification on other places. I get it, it's perfectly OK; those things happen. But actual situation is continuous, they don't use their own forum to inform us of any community activity. It's not even a question that we will have no giveaways in the forum (it's the first thing I mentioned several messages back, but not the most relevant). It seems that they thing there's no need to come here to inform us because there will be always somebody who will share the links on their own (it's a perception of mine, of course I don't say it's their true belief).

Regards

Graf_Boinenn

#52257 Post by Graf_Boinenn » 22 Oct 2020 11:50

Mohegan13 wrote:
22 Oct 2020 08:40
Actually it wouldn't be the first time, didn't they once do a give-a-way or something that required you to have 500+ hrs on Steam in one of the games?
Wasn't the Schwarzmüller Trailer Pack give away?

Bandit & The Snowman

#52258 Post by Bandit & The Snowman » 22 Oct 2020 11:54

Yes I think so.

Aves

#52259 Post by Aves » 22 Oct 2020 14:14

Euro Truck Simulator 2 - al (1456860) Depot

pigbrother

#52260 Post by pigbrother » 22 Oct 2020 14:16

Alright, gals and guys, time to speculate based only on two letters. May the odds be ever in your favor.
I have approximate knowledge of many things

Return to “SCS Site”