FMOD Discussion [ATS]

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
Robinicus

Re: FMOD Discussion [ATS]

#2291 Post by Robinicus » 05 Nov 2020 03:59

You did the basics like building the bank & exporting/renaming GUIDS after making all routing changes?
COGA72

#2292 Post by COGA72 » 05 Nov 2020 04:14

Robinicus wrote: 05 Nov 2020 03:59 You did the basics like building the bank & exporting/renaming GUIDS after making all routing changes?
these were the steps I took:
-decompress scs template
-start with blank 1.39 template
-copy the events of my project 1.37xx
-assign banks to events
-build bank file
-export guids
-name and modify guid paths
-add to my mod.scs

then when I go to the game, everything runs fine, except that there is no sound.
When checking the log, I have nothing regarding bank or guids in it, that is, the sound engine is reading it from the scs, but there is no sound.

I'm still testing some settings, but I don't see any problems with definitions or final files, nor conflict with other files, since I left the scs sounds folder completely clean to add only this engine.
maybe I'm skipping a step, or maybe it's best to create the events from scratch in the template and test.
I appreciate your help Rob
Robinicus

#2293 Post by Robinicus » 05 Nov 2020 04:24

When you made your mod structure, did you use unique names for the sui? You may want to download mine from the workshop and look at the structure to see if you missed something or used uppercase letters etc somewhere in the naming.
Harven
Global moderator

#2294 Post by Harven » 05 Nov 2020 10:53

COGA72, There is one important step missing in the steps you listed: you haven't routed your events to appropriate buses in the "Mixer Routing" window - that's why you get silence :)
mamba001

#2295 Post by mamba001 » 05 Nov 2020 23:51

Hi everyone,
I have a little Problem with the Navi Voice.
I changed in 1.37 the voice.wav files in the scs german_helga.bank.
I am have use the Fmod Bank Tools, extracted the scs german_helga.bank then changed the wav files and repacked it.
But now doesn't work it in 1.39 anymore. I compared the files but found nothing why it no longer works.
Does anyone have an idea where the problem is......

Thanks in advance....

---- solved ----
Rockeropasiempre

#2296 Post by Rockeropasiempre » 06 Nov 2020 19:30

@COGA72

Hello Friend. First of all, don't be willing to defend yourself before being attacked. It is not a good position in these matters, and besides you, you are right, nobody is born knowing how to do things.

I tell you, an error that I had recently, when I was moving all my projects to the new version 1.39, Fmod 2.01.05.

The mistake I made is that in the new template for this Fmod version, only the name of the bank changed, that bank had to be eliminated and a new one created.

DELETE THE BANK, AND CREATE A NEW ONE WITH THE SAME NAME. THE NEW .GUIDS, ALSO EXPORT THEM.

This solved my problems, both with the .guids file, and with the bank in particular.

Greetings Coga72
BenFitz176

#2297 Post by BenFitz176 » 07 Nov 2020 08:44

Hi, im new AF to fmod and modding. i only discovered ATS when covid hit. i only started to learn fmod couple of days ago

big Thank you to robinucs & harven, without your information and tutorials i wouldve been no chance, have been able to get some engine sounds created and some old unupdated 1.36 mods now working in 1.39

@COGA72 i thought i had done "everything right" but i still had no ingame sound took a while to find out why but i managed to.

After D/L robinucs mods and exploring i found a major difference between the 1.38 and 1.39 sound mods and Its in your def folder

in your def/vehicle/truck/YOURTRUCKNAME/engine

example def/vehicle/truck/peterbilt.389/engine
You need to add 5 extra files

1 [your engine]sound.sui
2 [your engine]sound_engine.soundref
3 [your engine]sound_exhaust.soundref
4 [your engine]sound_start_bad.soundref
5 [your engine]sound_turbo.soundref

the contents of these sound.sui file's need to be

# Configuration of the engine sounds for the specific truck.
sounds:4
sounds[]: "engine|/def/vehicle/truck/peterbilt.389/engine/[your_engine_name]_sound_engine.soundref"
sounds[]: "exhaust|/def/vehicle/truck/peterbilt.389/engine/[your_engine_name]_sound_exhaust.soundref"
sounds[]: "start_bad|/def/vehicle/truck/peterbilt.389/engine/[your_engine_name]_sound_start_bad.soundref"
sounds[]: "turbo|/def/vehicle/truck/peterbilt.389/engine/[your_engine_name]_sound_turbo.soundref"

this is from the scs wiki https://modding.scssoft.com/wiki/Docume ... ruckEngine

your sound ref files should look like

2 - sound_engine.soundref

source="/sound/truck/[your_engine_name].bank#engine/engine"

3 - sound_exhaust.soundref

source="/sound/truck/[your_engine_name].bank#engine/exhaust"

4 - sound_start_bad.soundref

source="/sound/truck/[your_engine_name].bank#engine/start_bad"

5 - sound_turbo.soundref

source="/sound/truck/[your_engine_name].bank#engine/turbo"

once i had added thos files into my mod , bingo had engine sounds from fmod ingame.

I hope this might help someone

I thank you both robinucs and harven again very much
Uxot

#2298 Post by Uxot » 08 Nov 2020 05:34

^ I did that while taking files (.banks) from a truck sound for 1.38..But would i still need to make a new template anyway for this to work?

I was able to use M11 Engine from Rob into the P386 but that was already "converted" by him.

Is it the GUIDS files that would stop me from doing an easy transfer?
BenFitz176

#2299 Post by BenFitz176 » 08 Nov 2020 07:42

Yeah you need to create new files (.banks) and (.guids) from within the latest fmod version.
not sure if its the guids or the banks but i would guess both
Uxot

#2300 Post by Uxot » 08 Nov 2020 07:50

Well i didn't need to create anything new or whatever...just mess with naming and it works lol

Now i have the P386 with M11 and realistic ISX15 packed with it :P

Return to “Modding Guides”