Deliveries to truck cocesionaires?

Some newbie driver

Deliveries to truck cocesionaires?

#1 Post by Some newbie driver » 02 Nov 2020 18:37

I just made a WoTr job to deliver truck tires to the Scania dealer in Milan

Never before I saw deliveries to truck concessionaires with the exception of truck transport trailers for Volvo and Scania. Is something they have changed recently? Or is that are those jobs so rare that I didn't found them before?

Regards
Steve Pitts

Re: Deliveries to truck cocesionaires?

#2 Post by Steve Pitts » 04 Nov 2020 21:35

Those jobs are rare in the Freight Market and even more so on WoT. You can also find truck batteries to deliver to the dealers. In both cases they are mostly generated , and accepted, by the logistics companies (although both Gomme and Finnish Tyres can supply the tyres) and are therefore 'needle in a haystack' rare, being one of 200+ possible cargoes from those depots and most of those being sent to other logistics depots. I don't see that the situation has changed between v1.38 and v1.39 (and I've just noticed that your post pre-dates the release of the latter anyway), so it isn't that. Count yourself lucky - I'm trying to find jobs to all of the dealers that I've never delivered to, along with the Ini fuel stations in Italy and really struggling to get those that I've never been to.
Cheers, Steve
abasstreppas

#3 Post by abasstreppas » 04 Nov 2020 21:54

It has happen to me a couple of times, I think it was truck rims (what a coincident :P ) in both cases. But this is in one year or so. Rare is just what those destinations are ;)

Someday I'll start a thread where we can have a serious discussion about the cargo system and what can (should) be done to it. This already fun game could be even more fun with a restructuring of the logistics :geek:
Some newbie driver

#4 Post by Some newbie driver » 07 Nov 2020 16:23

Thanks both of you for the answers. So, now I've a problem...
Steve Pitts wrote: 04 Nov 2020 21:35Count yourself lucky - I'm trying to find jobs to all of the dealers that I've never delivered to, along with the Ini fuel stations in Italy and really struggling to get those that I've never been to.
I count me more than lucky, on the profile I was playing at I'm trying to deliver and take jobs from all yards. I deliver one, take another on the same place and keep jumping; so even if I lose the track list I'm doing, the map itself will keep my progress (discovered yards would be the ones already done).

But dammit, I didn't counted on the dealers and I've already discovered tons of them. I suppose those will end being an extra; good if I found more and if not... :roll:

Regards

PS: That topic will be more than welcome @abasstreppas. I' did one time ago thinking about one part of the whole system. A couple of players voted but unfortunately there was no discussion to do some "brainstorming": viewtopic.php?f=5&t=275556
Steve Pitts

#5 Post by Steve Pitts » 07 Nov 2020 21:37

Fortunately it is only Scania and Volvo dealers that you can deliver to, so that limits things somewhat. When Scandinavia first came out you had to go to the factory to get trucks to deliver but now that cargo is available from other places too.
Cheers, Steve
Some newbie driver

#6 Post by Some newbie driver » 07 Nov 2020 23:31

Does anybody knows if the cargoes are only delivered to big-sized dealers? Luckily it would be the case and a lot more could be discarded. :|
Steve Pitts

#7 Post by Steve Pitts » 08 Nov 2020 21:02

Unless there is a bug in my code or I've misinterpreted something in the data, these are the places that have a truck dealer defined that can accept cargo:

Code: Select all

Bulgaria		Plovdiv		volvo_dlr		Volvo dealer
Estonia			Tallinn		scania_dlr		Scania dealer
France			Limoges		volvo_dlr		Volvo dealer
Germany			Hannover	scania_dlr		Scania dealer
Italy			Firenze		scania_dlr		Scania dealer
Italy			Milano		scania_dlr		Scania dealer
Italy			Napoli		volvo_dlr		Volvo dealer
Lithuania		Vilnius		volvo_dlr		Volvo dealer
Luxembourg		Luxembourg	volvo_dlr		Volvo dealer
Romania			Brasov		volvo_dlr		Volvo dealer
Romania			Pitesti		scania_dlr		Scania dealer
Sweden			Goteborg	volvo_dlr		Volvo dealer
Sweden			Stockholm	scania_dlr		Scania dealer
United Kingdom		London		volvo_dlr		Volvo dealer
United Kingdom		Manchester	scania_dlr		Scania dealer
Last edited by Steve Pitts on 08 Nov 2020 21:10, edited 4 times in total.
Cheers, Steve
Some newbie driver

#8 Post by Some newbie driver » 08 Nov 2020 21:04

Ooooh, nice info. Thanks a lot @Steve Pitts!

So, not counting what could come with Iberia, I've 14 more to find. It's going to be hard...
Steve Pitts

#9 Post by Steve Pitts » 08 Nov 2020 21:09

Absolutely, I've only ticked off 4 out of the 15 over the course of 870+ hours in the saddle. However, I am consciously looking for them now. Sometimes there are none in the Freight Market, sometimes half a dozen (but thus far never near enough to be able to make the pick up location - I guess Quick Jobs would make it easier)

and my apologies for the layout, these forums don't have a table option that I can see but that is the best I can do with a code block.
Cheers, Steve
plykkegaard

#10 Post by plykkegaard » 08 Nov 2020 21:58

Code blocks are fine, use eg notepad++ for formatting the "grid"

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.

Return to “Gameplay Questions”