Side Curtains
19%
Moving/Storage trailers
19%

Total votes: 75

plykkegaard

Re: Choose the trailers you would like to see next on Trailer Ownership

#281 Post by plykkegaard » 16 Nov 2020 12:23

Yes mention what we will get not the possibilities of which we might get some parts of in a distant future

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
Some newbie driver

#282 Post by Some newbie driver » 16 Nov 2020 13:57

Ah OK @howey, thaks for the explanation. I only knew the "lowloader" word and I've been using it indistinctly for any kind of very low floor deck.

Regards
flight50

#283 Post by flight50 » 16 Nov 2020 15:38

howey wrote: 16 Nov 2020 12:17 @Some newbie driver to me lowloaders and dropdeck trailers are totally different, lowloaders are more heavy machinery and heavy cargo orientated as dropdecks are more general, high volume frieght and light to medium machinery orientated.

@flight50 In that same paragraph look how they mentioned the multiple crop types as well yet we got none of them in the end. This is where they are shooting themselves in the foot by announcing something like that when it is going to be obvious that people will mislead it for it is going to happen. This is why they need to be really careful with what they say and how they word it. It's things like this is why they continue to cop backlash in the general community, I do feel sympathic towards SCS about it since there just releasing general info about the state or topic but in that same token I also criticise them as some of these things they have mentioned have been widely discussed over and over multiple times but yet the still ignore the fact to at least do something little towards it.
Good post.
Lowloader/dropdecks.
We now have an extra trailer in the mix so we'd have to be a little more specific imo. We have lowboys, we have double drop deck now but we do not have single drop decks aka stepdecks. Both lowboys and double drop deck are your heavy haulers. The main difference is the 5th wheel attachment. Either you have a gooseneck or a full deck neck. The double drop deck's neck can hold cargo as well. It would be nice to see it used in ATS. Iirc, there is a weight limit difference in lowboy vs double drop deck as well in what they can haul in the well.

Dropdeck (aka single step deck)
These are your more versatile versions of the standard flatbed. Pretty much what you stated for drop decks above. The main difference from these vs standard flatbed is that they allow taller general freight in which could be medium machinery. I love the versatility in these things and I'd love to get these in ATS. Tons of people use mods to get them in the game and some of the cargo is great that people have on them. Leaves lots to be desired in ATS. I believe the difference from single drop deck vs standard flatbed is like a 18-24 inch (45.72-60.96 cm) drop from the main deck. I can't remember the exact distance and I'm too lazy to look it up right now. I'm suppose to be working anyways but I'm on here commenting as usual, lol.

Yes I was pretty pumped about that blog on what was coming to Colorado. ATS is already suffering from a real lack of cargo and I thought Colorado was going to make a dent into that. I haven't be to East Colorado yet but sounds like there is no rush in regards to cargo. I have to agree that you have to be careful what you say on blogs. Same with me on here but I got in trouble for hyping you guys up and I'm sure talking about livestock and the livestock trailer was one of the things. But its that blog that energized me and created the hype. I only talked about it in depth on here. Not to mention, awhile back, Pavel himself even stated that they would go forward with livestock in ATS and just deal with whatever happens. ETS2 has it but ATS doesn't so that is why people are looking for it. Colorado was the first opportunity to bring it but I don't know what happened. That blog said it all. In words and the prefab. I don't get it but oh well. I guess I'll have to refrain from commenting about blogs verbiage. I'll try to only comment how pretty a pic looks to prevent hyping you guys up.

Last point on livestock. Either they are waiting for another dlc to introduce it or something changed their mindset about it all together. We just need an actual industry to support it in which we don't have. The start are the farms to grow feed. Now we have the feed lots. We have retail to sell the by products but it too isn't very deep. We need several more "true" grocery stores. We need them regardless though. Not just because of livestock but Agriculture/Food Production in general should be deeper with these farms we have. More farming will come. So now that brings us to the main part of ATS that is missing...........processing. Processing/packaging/manufacturing/distribution centers......whatever you want to call it, these do not exist as part of the chain for food production and even other goods and services that are missing in ATS.

ICCs is the term I've been using lately. ATS needs to bridge the gap for ICCs (industries, cargo, companies). We simply don't have enough to sustain a growing map. We are heading into a different region of the US now which is the Great Plains. These lands are totally different and the cargo in ATS pretty much as to be built up for all this new Agriculture. Not everyone will enjoy these GP state so to capture the attention of more, SCS might want to throw everything they can in this region that they can find out. There is a lack of cities in this area. The landscaping drastically changes for the most part. So all the pretty and cool landscaping, is about to cease. The attention has to be grabbed one way or another to say hey...........I'm Kansas, I'm Nebraska this is what I offer if you buy me. Pretty mountains and rock formation blogs won't work in the Great Plains. But new ICCs will. New assets for this region will.
rip_c_bennington

#284 Post by rip_c_bennington » 20 Nov 2020 17:45

I miss the boat trailer in the vote. And cement should be renamed to dry bulk, cement is way too specific.
Knightrider

#285 Post by Knightrider » 20 Nov 2020 18:29

I hope car haulers come next.
Best Regards.

Hosting a dedicated server for ETS 2/ATS, with optional mods support.
joschac2

#286 Post by joschac2 » 20 Nov 2020 18:52

don't we have car haulers already? I carried a whole trailer of cars on my last job ( no trailer mods ) unless theirs a different car hauler yall are talking about
Knightrider

#287 Post by Knightrider » 20 Nov 2020 19:00

There's no car haulers for trailer ownership.
Best Regards.

Tails

#288 Post by Tails » 20 Nov 2020 19:11

Car Haulers would be nice but lets hope the State of Michigan would suit that trailer as well as those enclosed car transporter.
like to explore new areas of maps for both ATS and ETS2.

WOT profile https://worldoftrucks.com/en/profile/4885036
flight50

#289 Post by flight50 » 20 Nov 2020 20:14

I think revamped car haulers will come well before Michigan. I like it in Texas for sure. There is a GM plant in Arlington Texas and then a Toyota down in South Texas. I think several plants in ATS would work well for ATS. If Texas is 1.5-2 years away, that could be enough time to get overhauled trailers.
Knightrider

#290 Post by Knightrider » 21 Nov 2020 18:20

Dont need to wait for Michigan, the freight market as it is now have plenty of prefabs (to/from) for car haulers.
Best Regards.

Return to “General discussion about the game”