Next ATS truck speculation

flight50

Re: Next ATS truck speculation

#1771 Post by flight50 » 19 Nov 2020 19:36

I have to agree with 55sixxx in general. If anything, the 49x delayed the other WS that SCS was working on. In 2019 when Pavel said all brands are accounted for, the 49x was no where in the equation. How about people think the 49x delayed the 5700 or the 4900. People getting upset out of selfishness. Entitlement is a funny thing. I am guilty of it as well at times but you have to consider every factor on the table. Judging a book by its cover is not going to reveal the underlying story. Open up ATS and you see everything that it does not have. If you care, you see the differences. If you don't, you complain about them. Simple as that.

But I do have to correct 55sixxx. The vehicle team does work on both games. The only separate departments at SCS right now are separate map teams/asset team. Everyone else is shared. Programmers, Vehicle team, research team and sound. If there are others, they too are shared. SCS has an agenda for trucks I am sure. The main goal that Pavel perfectly stated in 2018 on the Junte 27th stream was that he hoped to have all 7 brands in ATS in 18-24 months. It closer to 30 months now but that was his drive and it makes perfect sense. It opens up a ton more for ATS. So if ATS has to play catch up since it released, then so be it. If people can't understand that, they just labeled themselves as being selfish.

Whatever truck releases next, I don't care. There is a dire need for trucks in ATS. Until there are 2 trucks per brand, I don't expect SCS to slow their pace. ETS2 will get trucks when there are new trucks on the market for SCS to do. Whats to say they are not already working them. People complain when they don't know what's going on. That does make one look silly. Perfect example is here. You make a fool of yourself when you know nothing. Everytime I see this commercial I crack up because there are people that really are like this irl.
55sixxx

#1772 Post by 55sixxx » 19 Nov 2020 19:49

flight50 wrote: 19 Nov 2020 19:36 The vehicle team does work on both games.
I know that it's like only one vehicle department, what i actually meant was that different people from the same department work on different contents. While a small group of people is working on a ATS truck, there's probably another small team of people working on an ETS2 truck.
Some newbie driver

#1773 Post by Some newbie driver » 19 Nov 2020 21:29

As far as I remember they really jump from one thing to another. Of course, I could be wrong or things could had changed since when I remember to have read about how I think they work.

Whatever, I said it earlier; I really don't think 49X will affect ETS2 trucks schedule but the ATS one they had; that was probably whatever other WS they where trying to add to the game to complete the 7 brands. So, in that I think most of us agree.

So, unless they had anything else in the chamber, ATS is probably going to have 2 WS trucks almost in a row.
flight50

#1774 Post by flight50 » 19 Nov 2020 23:30

@55sixxx yes that. There are small teams within the main team working on content for both. People just see trucks for ATS pour out the faucet and assume nothing for ETS2 is being done. Well, it might not be a truck. Is there not supposed to be another trailer dlc? Is there not Iberia coming up that may needs specific cargo, trailers or what not. Just because its not a new truck, people can't get pissy. When Iberia comes out, lets see what work has been done. You can't have everything the other gets at the same time. There is a list...an order in which things will come by.

Well with the Cascadia coming, technically we won't get two WS's back to back but close enough and I know what you mean. The 49x is perhaps only 25% of the completed truck so it not a full decked out truck. But people don't care about that, they still see it as a new truck despite it was a special situation that happened that SCS is right for not turing down. Once all the ATS dlc's are cleared that are on Steam now, I am sure we'll be thankful. Well some of us. Even if one is the least favorite in a paint pack. If you don't want it, don't but it.
rip_c_bennington

#1776 Post by rip_c_bennington » 20 Nov 2020 17:52

Very sad that just 6% want the Mack Pinnacle.
Holzauge

#1777 Post by Holzauge » 21 Nov 2020 13:55

Don't call it sad, call it exclusive! ;)
VDMA
rookie_one

#1778 Post by rookie_one » 21 Nov 2020 15:18

@rip_c_bennington it will probably come later, but I think we can safely assume that the main goal of SCS for now was to have the 7 manufacturers, which will be done once they add the Cascadia, and which I agree is the most important thing for now.

For now, I'm voting for the WS 5700XE, it's nice to have a vocational truck from them, but I think, considering the main focus of the game, that their linehaul flagship would need to be next
Engine and Transmission compilation mod : here
Knightrider

#1779 Post by Knightrider » 21 Nov 2020 18:56

Too bad that there was no time to grab the license for the pinnacle cxu613 while it was still in production.
Best Regards.

Hosting a dedicated server for ETS 2/ATS, with optional mods support.
Freeze338

#1780 Post by Freeze338 » 21 Nov 2020 19:04

Knightrider wrote: 21 Nov 2020 18:56 Too bad that there was no time to grab the license for the pinnacle cxu613 while it was still in production.
That's what makes me mad. Peterbilt 587, Kenworth T660, Mack CXU613, Freightliner Coronado are gone like that. If they didn't get the license for International 9900I, International Prostar, Kenworth T800, Freightliner old Cascadia probably would gone as well. I'm not certain but Western Star 4900 is looking goner as well. Those trucks should be the priority if you ask me. Others would come in game soon or later anyway.

Return to “General discussion about the game”