Poll: Which area should SCS add to ETS2 after Iberia?

Which area should SCS add to ETS2 next?

Western Balkan (Croatia, Serbia, B+H, Albania, Slovenia, Macedonia, Montenegro, Kosovo, Greece)
45%
Further East (Ukraine, Belarus, Moldova)
8%
More of Turkey
6%
Expand Scandinavia
20%
More of Russia
6%
Ireland
11%
Iceland
1%
(Parts of) North Africa
2%

Total votes: 966

xXCARL1992Xx

Re: Poll: Which area should SCS add to ETS2 after Iberia?

#1441 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 19 Nov 2020 12:57

the next 2 DLCs are already planed, the next one is already researched and worked on, the second one is already researched on, those polls wont influence anything after a DLC release
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
Thorium Flakk Inc.

#1442 Post by Thorium Flakk Inc. » 19 Nov 2020 13:38

xXCARL1992Xx wrote: 19 Nov 2020 12:57 ... those polls wont influence anything after a DLC release
Except maybe the direction for the even next one?
xXCARL1992Xx

#1443 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 19 Nov 2020 14:05

no, when we know what the next DLC is these pols will do nothing (they never have done anything at all in the first place) SCS planes ahead 3 DLCs at least, so Iberia and 2 others are already certain for them, when Iberia releases they add another one to it that comes in 2 years, these polls are for what comes after DLC XX release that is already in the working and not 2 years i the future after DLC ZZ we dont know exist already in planing
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
Adriatic Sea Team

#1444 Post by Adriatic Sea Team » 19 Nov 2020 23:02

We just see what is the final product which is getting a commercial boost by the blog and social media.
@xXCARL1992Xx Is totally right, to us it looks like that after year is over the whole company seats down and discusses next map DLC and whole year plan.

But it works another way, their work and planning are like "mixed loop". Here is an example, they are currently finishing up Iberia, but currently their map and assets team is maybe in the middle of finishing up for "Road to the Moscow", and their research team is working on let's say Iceland and Ireland.

That was just one example, and this was told from Pavel in many release streams since Baltic Sea expansion.

So yes, it's kinda sad that the community can't have any influence on SCS which region or country will be next released or re-worked. But to be honest, I really like every new year and start of hype for new DLC, and that's what this community is about. Sometimes even SCS surprise us all when they bring something we didn't even think about.

There is only one thing that I would like to see in next year, two map expansion for ETS 2 per year. This will increase the hype and get Europe to finish.
natjer3

#1445 Post by natjer3 » 22 Nov 2020 16:44

I wonder if SCS is interested in taking the challenge of doing some microstates after finishing Europe. Or else, they will possibly head to Africa. Africa would be an interesting way to continue supporting ETS2.
dahaka

#1446 Post by dahaka » 22 Nov 2020 17:48

Right now to finish Europe SCS will need:
1 year for western Balkans, 1 or 2 years for northern Scandinavia, 1 year for Moldova/Ukraine, at least 1 year for Russia to Moscow, 1 year for British islands and Iceland, so at least 5 years to complete the European continent.

Then the easiest thing is to make the rest of Turkey, since it's both an interesting place and a large market, then perhaps move on to Morocco. I have also seen trucks from Tunisia in mainland Europe, they are rare, but it would make Tunisia a realistic addition. Furthermore Georgia, Armenia and Azerbaijan could be valid additions, since there is truck traffic going there.
I am not sure about Iran, because there is some sort of Embargo going on right now, if I'm not mistaken, but normally there is truck traffic from Iran to Europe, and vice versa.
Mohegan13
Global moderator

#1447 Post by Mohegan13 » 22 Nov 2020 18:10

Thorium Flakk Inc. wrote: 19 Nov 2020 13:38 Except maybe the direction for the even next one?
I doubt SCS really pay attention to these polls tbh. Western Balkans was leading before Iberia was announced IIRC.

Either way, the one it looks like we're getting is the 3rd LEAST wanted. I don't think it went from biggest request to unwanted since the last poll.
[ external image ]
I reserve the right to be 100% wrong.
Something isn't right, nothing feels the same.
Everyone around me Is a different shade of grey.
Shiva

#1448 Post by Shiva » 22 Nov 2020 18:33

For me, Road to Moscow, is quite welcome.
And yeah, I'll keep calling it RtM, until there is an official name.

Dahaka, yep, atleast 1 for Russia. There's possibilities for atleast 2 more after it.
To surround Black Sea, there would have to be, atleast in my opinion 2 more Russia DLC's to connect to Turkey, after RtM. Would Turkey be 1 or 2 map DLC's? + Ukraine DLC of course.
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.
Some newbie driver

#1449 Post by Some newbie driver » 22 Nov 2020 19:23

dahaka wrote: 22 Nov 2020 17:48Right now to finish Europe SCS will need:
1 year for western Balkans, 1 or 2 years for northern Scandinavia, 1 year for Moldova/Ukraine, at least 1 year for Russia to Moscow, 1 year for British islands and Iceland, so at least 5 years to complete the European continent.
Supposing the next DLC will be Russia with Moscow included like so much people is betting; Russia would still have a massive area in its European side to be mapped full of big cities: From Nizhny Novgorod to Perm, from Voronej to Orenburg. ; and then all the zone down to the Caucassus.

We have ETS2 for a lot of years while still remaining only in Europe. And probably they jump out of it a few times in the meanwhile (one part of Turkey, maybe Morocco...).
angrybirdseller

#1450 Post by angrybirdseller » 22 Nov 2020 19:46

Think scs running out of new area to map is running out more focus should be improving the older maps and dlc. There is Russia, Ireland, Greece, expand Scandinavia maps further north. There is around 3-5 years left in map expansion in ETS2 after that unless they go middle east toward Turkey, Syria, Iraq, Iran or south with Morocco, Tunisia, Libya, Egypt.

The former Yugoslav area or Balkans area how you map it without making the Serbians upset or Macodonians etc.

With Russia can spend years on oblasts if you wanted too, but the road network outside European Russia pretty sparse.

Return to “General discussion about the game”