Poll: Which area should SCS add to ETS2 after Iberia?

Which area should SCS add to ETS2 next?

Western Balkan (Croatia, Serbia, B+H, Albania, Slovenia, Macedonia, Montenegro, Kosovo, Greece)
46%
Further East (Ukraine, Belarus, Moldova)
8%
More of Turkey
7%
Expand Scandinavia
20%
More of Russia
6%
Ireland
10%
Iceland
1%
(Parts of) North Africa
2%

Total votes: 916

IvanKuz

Re: Poll: Which area should SCS add to ETS2 after Iberia?

#1491 Post by IvanKuz » 23 Nov 2020 20:25

I am amazed by all the people who think that different continents are like forbidden alternate dimensions or something.

Trucks do actually go from Spain to Morocco. Pretty sure trucking between Europe and Middle East is also a thing. Heck, apparently some companies even send trucks between Europe and China. Not to mention that some European countries are partially located in Asia, thus having regular truck traffic between two continents, and that the borders between continents are not even universally defined in the first place (e.g. some consider Transcaucasia to be Europe, other consider it Asia). "Euro" in the title of the game can be interpreted in different ways. A place can be located outside of Europe as a continent, but still play a part in European economy and European trucking, and use European types of trucks.

If things continue for SCS as well as they have for the past several years, so that making new map DLCs is still feasible, there is nothing stopping them from making Asia and Africa map expansions for ETS2 once most of Europe is complete. There can be many reasons not to do them, of course, but one narrow definition of the game's title is certainly not one of them.
Check out my ETS2 concept map that I'm sometimes working on!

xXCARL1992Xx

#1492 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 23 Nov 2020 20:27

why not just rename it to Eurasia Truck Simulator, done, Europe itself is just a political continent, the plate we are on is actually Eurasia

would just be bring legal issue with it depending on how strict the license is tied
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |

parasaurolophus67

#1493 Post by parasaurolophus67 » 23 Nov 2020 20:32

Huh. Never heard of the word Eurasia before.

Shiva

#1494 Post by Shiva » 23 Nov 2020 22:56

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eurasia there.

Today, I did see a truck from Bulgaria, south of Sofia.
I do see Turkish trucks too, but never tried to check what side of Bosporus they come from. Is that even possible?
CarTMatt wrote:
23 Nov 2020 04:00
I wanna have rigid trucks in-game and those truck's jobs are in cities. If they were to do that, then I'll be ready with my Scania P with Hybrid Drivetrain specs and rigid chassis and drive around Stockholm. Still want Ireland and Iceland though xd.
Ahh, short distance rigid trucks.
The smaller w/o a possibility to have a trailer?
I would like to see the rigid + trailer combo's.
angrybirdseller wrote:
22 Nov 2020 19:46
Think scs running out of new area to map is running out more focus should be improving the older maps and dlc. There is Russia, Ireland, Greece, expand Scandinavia maps further north. There is around 3-5 years left in map expansion in ETS2 after that unless they go middle east toward Turkey, Syria, Iraq, Iran or south with Morocco, Tunisia, Libya, Egypt.

The former Yugoslav area or Balkans area how you map it without making the Serbians upset or Macodonians etc.

With Russia can spend years on oblasts if you wanted too, but the road network outside European Russia pretty sparse.
Iberia release in some months.
Russia 1 late 2022 or early 2023. Including Belarus, I think
Western Balkans.
Northern FennoScandia in either 1 MEGA DLC, or 2 DLC's.
Ukraine in 1 Big DLC? + Moldova.
Russia 2
Russia 3
Russia 4
Turkey MEGA DLC or 2 parter?

Note, Russia 1-4 on the west side of Ural mountains.
Not including +1 000 000 km² that is north of E22 surrounded by E22 M-8, A-119 White Sea, Barents Sea and Ural Mountains.
Border roads for map DLC's. Unless there be a Russia Wilderness? DLC.
Yeah, there be roads there. Example https://www.google.com/maps/dir/65.6859 ... 145,5.98z/
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.

CarTMatt

#1495 Post by CarTMatt » 23 Nov 2020 23:14

You mean more like Tandems aka Rigids with a trailer at the back.
Finally ready for update 1.40 in ETS2 coming.
CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 3.6Ghz-4.2Ghz
Mobo: Asus TUF B450M-Pro Gaming
RAM: 16 GB of DDR4 3600mhz CL18 PNY XLR8
Graphics Card: Asus TUF GTX 1660 Super OC Edition
Power Supply: Cooler Master MWE 650 80+ Gold

Shiva

#1496 Post by Shiva » 24 Nov 2020 11:51

Question, why is it by some called Tandems?
Ain't it rather a heavy rigid vehicle / Straight truck"USA" with a trailer /pup trailer, or semi-trailer in tow
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.

dahaka

#1497 Post by dahaka » 24 Nov 2020 15:52

Tandem, means "having two things arranged one in front of the other". It's also easier to say than "rigid truck with trailer" or "rigid truck with semi-trailer in tow".
They are also called Combis in certain countries, as they combine a truck (with carrying capacity) and a trailer with carrying capacity, as opposed to a semi truck, that only has towing capacity, and can't have cargo loaded directly on it.

There are a multitude of terms like that simplify saying things.

oldmanclippy

#1498 Post by oldmanclippy » 24 Nov 2020 16:10

I agree that the name "Euro Truck Simulator" is about the trucks, not the continent (didn't SCS say that themselves? not sure). Plus like many have said they would have to renegotiate licenses for new games which would be a waste of time and money when they have a perfectly good Euro Truck Simulator 2 game. The reason it made sense to do American Truck Simulator as a separate game is because it required all new truck licenses. So SCS should push those licenses for Euro Trucks as far as they can go, which is pretty far into Africa, Middle East, and western Asia.

I think a conceivable timeline for future expansions could be:

Throughout 2021: base map rebuilds (finish Germany)
Late 2021: Road to Moscow DLC

Throughout 2022: base map rebuilds (Belgium / Netherlands / Luxembourg)
Late 2022: Western Balkans DLC

Throughout 2023: base map rebuilds (UK)
Late 2023: Ireland DLC, priced like ATS maps

Throughout 2024: base map rebuilds (Switzerland/Austria/Czechia)
Late 2024: Iceland + Northern Fennoscandia part 1 (Iceland could come independent of Fennoscandia, but more releases means more testing overhead, and there will be plenty of testing overhead taken up by base map rebuilds so I don't expect ETS2 to switch to 2 paid DLC's per year, whereas ATS has much less need for rebuilds so they can handle it better)

Throughout 2025: Going East rebuilds (Southern Poland, Slovakia, Hungary)
Late 2025: Ukraine + Moldova

Throughout 2026: Going East rebuilds (Northern Poland)
Late 2026: Northern Fennoscandia part 2

At this point they would be at a crossroads: all the necessary rebuilds have completed (I don't think rebuilds in Scandinavia are that necessary) and the most populated parts of Europe are done, so do they continue finishing out the remaining parts of Europe (rest of European Russia + Caucasus), or do they expand outside the continent? I think at this point they could do both, alternating between these two approaches.

Throughout 2027: Scandinavia touchups if they really feel like it, but I am of the opinion that such work could be minimal. Scandinavia's textures are lacking but the design and ingenuity in mapping will allow it to age well, IMO
Late 2027: More Turkey, ideally up to the borders with Georgia and Armenia

Late 2028: Russia south of Moscow and East of Ukraine

Late 2029: Northern Africa

Late 2030: The Caucasus

Late 2031: Russia north of Road to Moscow, east of Russian Fennoscandia

Late 2032: If the political situation in the Middle East has settled by this point, then the Middle East

...and so on and so on until European Russia is complete, but that would result in many years of just Russia which would probably get old for both the developers and the fans.

This is all assuming that SCS wants to support this game for 20+ years. Such support would be unprecedented and I wouldn't blame SCS if they were sick and tired of making truck simulators for 30 years by that point. But I just wanted to illustrate that there is plenty of opportunity for SCS to keep going with this game for many years into the future if they desired and if the fans continued to support them.
ATS state release order concept map | Road to Moscow 2021 concept map
Western Star 49X & Kenworth K100-E | Lamar, CO & Vancouver, BC
Renault Range T | Poissy, FR

dahaka

#1499 Post by dahaka » 24 Nov 2020 21:35

They said they will keep making DLCs as long as people keep buying them. I'm doing my part for sure. Hope enough players do to keep it profitable for them to keep supporting the game.

Some newbie driver

#1500 Post by Some newbie driver » 24 Nov 2020 22:27

If we have this year a Christmas event somewhat similar at the one past year, we could have a pretty good idea about how many people has which map DLCs

Return to “General discussion about the game”