What could make future map DLCs more exiting?

What should future map DLCs improve upon the most to make them more exciting?

Vegetation
9%
Weather conditions & phenomenons
20%
Landscape & rock formations
9%
Immersion (ex: locals with their own life and daily habits...) & economy
13%
Road junctions and nodes
10%
Landmarks & buildings
11%
Education & achievements
6%
Truck depots & rest areas
12%
Other (Comment what)
5%
None, it is balanced already
4%

Total votes: 245

FawnPrince

What could make future map DLCs more exiting?

#1 Post by FawnPrince » 21 Nov 2020 15:19

Hello everyone,

With Colorado released and Iberia about to be released, we have all been able to see the formidable improvements SCS has been putting into their creations.
Colorado for example has showstopping landscapes and rock formations, along with accurate reproductions of real life locations.

It was very well received by the community, but
do you think, personally, that SCS is improving on the right areas regarding map DLCs, or do you think they have left out some things in the process?

My opinion:

I, for one, think that, even though improvements regarding the landscapes and environments are understandable and fantastic, the roads on which we drive on could get some more attention and details sometimes. They are the main thing we look at when driving and greatly contributes to the energy of the surroundings.

Here is an example from the blog posts on Iberia. The Bridge is very accurate, but the road however... (This might be because it is a work in progress, but that's how I have felt for a couple of years now: Great environments, few improvements on road details.)

In the blog post, the road is plain macadam.

Whereas in real life the road is made out of both macadam and metal grills.

Nonetheless I'll still give some props to SCS for improving the road surfaces a little more, we have seen paved roads and lots of new unique junctions in some pictures. I would personally prefer, that they would go a little further into this direction in the future, if possible. I would be blessed if there could be more details such as faded road marking, convex road surfaces (Used for water drainage), etc...

Explanations for poll options if you don't understand what they mean:

Vegetation: Grass, trees, weeds...

Weather conditions & phenomenons: Weather phenomenons peculiar to specific places (Strong winds, heat haze)

Landscape & rock formation: Accuracy of rocks, mountains, hills, grounds...

Immersion: Everything that makes a fictional world alive (People with routines, interactions between NPCs and players or between NPCs) Ex of games with great immersion: (GTAV, Cyberpunk, Cities skylines...)

Road junctions & nodes: The shape, accuracy, details of roads

Landmarks and buildings: Important buildings and prefabs accuracy

Education & achievements: Educational features, mechanics and achievement quality and design

Truck depots & rest areas: Everything linked to places with wich you can interact with (Garage, gas stations, yards...)
Last edited by FawnPrince on 01 Dec 2020 10:07, edited 2 times in total.
worldisblack

Re: What do you think could make future map DLCs more exiting?

#2 Post by worldisblack » 23 Nov 2020 15:36

I think economy is really unrealistic for a simulator game. Maybe we should spend our money more different new things like, idk eating, buying new properties.. Maybe things should getting harder about earning and spending.
Çukurova Logistics TB site: https://trucksbook.eu/company/65722
Çukurova Logistics TMP site: https://truckersmp.com/vtc/9892
Optional Features

#3 Post by Optional Features » 23 Nov 2020 16:51

We need way more dropoff points, and more access to roads. There are hundreds of warehouses in the game now that don't have triggers, but imo should. There are similar hundreds of dead end roads that if extended a bit could really help the map. And there are downtowns that have roads and traffic, but no details. All of these together would make it seem far less limited than it is today.
dsf.fernando

#4 Post by dsf.fernando » 23 Nov 2020 17:52

Weather seasons and conditions and how the truck is affected by them
Proud student of Games and Multimedia in the Polytechnic of Leiria - the Portuguese capital of game development
(and still hopeful the city will feature in the game with a garage someday)
alluke

#5 Post by alluke » 23 Nov 2020 22:45

More diverse roads, now everything is just flat asphalt, the game needs narrow and hilly forestry/mining roads in the middle of nowhere.
abasstreppas

#6 Post by abasstreppas » 23 Nov 2020 23:44

For me something that would be very cool is more like a "new" map for each DLC with regions rather than countries as now. Of course those would need a different scale than 1:19. It could be like mining areas or like Berlin or London suburb/industrial areas. That way day cabs could be implemented to the game and others like lorries in different sizes.

I mean it's not so many more parts Europe left to be done and that way SCS could still develop ETS2 into the eternity :D
jackalnxt

#7 Post by jackalnxt » 24 Nov 2020 09:28

alluke wrote: 23 Nov 2020 22:45 the game needs narrow and hilly forestry/mining roads in the middle of nowhere.
Pirdop quarry in RttBS: Am I a joke to you?
alluke

#8 Post by alluke » 24 Nov 2020 13:09

jackalnxt wrote: 24 Nov 2020 09:28 Pirdop quarry in RttBS: Am I a joke to you?
Too wide, too paved, the game needs terrain that 2wd trucks cannot handle, currently theres none. Example below:

[ external image ]
BooRoK

#9 Post by BooRoK » 24 Nov 2020 13:20

abasstreppas wrote: 23 Nov 2020 23:44 For me something that would be very cool is more like a "new" map for each DLC with regions rather than countries as now. Of course those would need a different scale than 1:19. It could be like mining areas or like Berlin or London suburb/industrial areas. That way day cabs could be implemented to the game and others like lorries in different sizes.

I mean it's not so many more parts Europe left to be done and that way SCS could still develop ETS2 into the eternity :D
aahhhh i wish this would come true along with dynamic & more improved traffic behaviour , indeed that would be delicious to drive a delivery truck such as Volvo FL or Mercedes Benz Atego in suburbs of London

OR

the specialized trucks with forestry equipment such as working cranes to load/unload trees in the Alps.
plykkegaard

#10 Post by plykkegaard » 24 Nov 2020 13:41

Logging deep in the forest: Sweden, Germany, France, Poland, Finland, Czechia
But alos related industries, timber, pulp, paper etc

[ external image ]

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.

Return to “General discussion about the game”