Freightliner Trucks Discussion Thread

55sixxx

Re: Freightliner Trucks Discussion Thread

#2051 Post by 55sixxx » 25 Nov 2020 18:58

I was buying this hype thing but not anymore... now i'm just sick of it. And like i said before, it's the end of the year and i have more important things to deal in my life rn than just hyping about something that is obviously not actually coming soon.
Marcello Julio

#2052 Post by Marcello Julio » 25 Nov 2020 19:04

I never hype anything because I know how things work. It's ready when is ready. Only this. I prefer something that takes time and comes without a problem than something released in hurry with full problems.
xXCARL1992Xx

#2053 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 25 Nov 2020 19:06

then stop blaming others for you buying into the hype, SCS showed us the Cascadia, so we know it is the next truck, now they finish it up and kick it out, this is the exact same procedure like any other DLC for both games for years, i think to remember there is only 1 DLC that was out of the blue and this was the Michelin one
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
oldmanclippy

#2054 Post by oldmanclippy » 25 Nov 2020 19:44

People should also remember that new trucks are free. F - R - E - E. People say they subsidize the trucks with the paid map expansions and paint jobs, but those are so inexpensive so I doubt they subsidize anything than their own development. SCS makes the trucks free to promote the game so it grows in content to attract new players and keep existing ones. That goal is compromised if the truck comes out rushed or buggy, so it makes sense to release it when it's ready. Since SCS has teased the truck already a few times, they must be confident that "when it's ready" is soon, because I think their PR has matured over the years to the point where they won't announce something if they aren't confident that it will come in a timely fashion. So I'm excited for this truck because I trust that SCS is just about ready to release it, but if something goes wrong and they end up pushing it back a bit then I won't be mad because the trucks are free and I want them to put out the best product possible to grow the fanbase and keep existing fans so that they can keep funding development of more maps and more trucks and more improvements for years to come.

But SCS could easily charge 5-10 bucks a pop for trucks and they still wouldn't be among the worst monetization offenders. That they continually add new content to the game for free is a great thing, and something we shouldn't take for granted. Does the trucks being free make them immune to criticism? Absolutely not. But there's a balance to be struck. It'll be ready when it's ready, and when it is released we can provide criticism and feedback.
headquartered in Denver [ external image ] and Brussels [ external image ]
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | German Cities
prediction maps: Greece+Nordic Horizons | Nebraska+Arkansas+Missouri
Marcello Julio

#2055 Post by Marcello Julio » 25 Nov 2020 19:51

Like the recent Snowrunner case that released 49X there. They sold with a paid DLC. I know that the focus of the game is totally different, but in my opinion, the 49X quality on Snowrunner did not reach the level that was the SCS 49X.
rookie_one

#2056 Post by rookie_one » 25 Nov 2020 20:35

55sixxx wrote: 25 Nov 2020 18:47 So long story short: Overhyping something leads do disappointment.
I'm never disappointed, since I hype for the sake of HYPE!
Engine and Transmission compilation mod : here
bryntrollian

#2057 Post by bryntrollian » 25 Nov 2020 21:34

I'm just excited to finally replace this thing.

[ external image ]
riay388

#2058 Post by riay388 » 25 Nov 2020 21:36

That's a pretty truck too, honestly. nice paint on that one.
Last edited by supersobes on 25 Nov 2020 21:59, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed quote [Forum rule 2.12]
flight50

#2059 Post by flight50 » 25 Nov 2020 22:00

Somethings are worth waiting for. If SCS never gave a date, you seriously can't blame them for anything. The community is at fault here..........always. Myself included. If we hype a date that was never said, sure its out of fun to speculated, but some of us take it to heart. Since I have been part of this community, I don't recall SCS ever giving us a date and didn't push a product out. No date, no promises. You live and learn. If they overhype or blog something several times, all they are doing is sharing info. We make it what it is on here. When its ready, its ready. The Lonestar, the Anthem and even the 49x pretty much came bug free. I'd want that every single time if possible. I don't want to waste my time reporting bugs. I want to enjoy the truck. I remember hearing way more issues with the VNL than all 3 of the lastest trucks combined.

As much as people we all (at least most of us) want this truck, I am sure they are running thru this thing 10x to remove any and every issue that could be a problem. That's the live a learn part. If a beta tester reports it, fix it. Start the release with 0 beta test reports. I am sure someone will find something minor but if it does not impede your gameplay.........yeah that is what I bet the devs are targeting. The AI is huge for me. That alone makes the user version that much better and worth the wait. How many times do we get the AI before the user version......zero. I am cool waiting it out. It been this long already. I was super pumped 2 years ago and it was just teased back then as SCS just got the license. Fast forward 26 months and I am still excited for it, but I'm not going insane over it. I don't even need a pacemaker anymore, lol. The day will come when it releases and no one will even remember the pain of waiting. Give them time to make the truck right. If there is one truck that will get posted everywhere by a large number of people, it will be this one.
55sixxx

#2060 Post by 55sixxx » 25 Nov 2020 22:13

flight50 wrote: 25 Nov 2020 22:00 The day will come when it releases and no one will even remember the pain of waiting.
Well, that is indeed very true. How many of you guys still remember the cruel waiting period between the 49X announcement to it's real world reveal !? And after all, i think we should just be grateful that this long waited truck is finally coming to us. Hopefully, by Christmas, we'll all be looking back to these days and think how time flied by. Too many teasers, too many hype and no release date can be annoying sometimes ?? Yes, but in the end, the Cascadia will be in our garages at some point.

Return to “General discussion about the game”