Voice navigation 1.37 FMOD conversion

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
cxxiv

Re: Voice navigation 1.37 FMOD conversion

#31 Post by cxxiv » 11 Nov 2020 13:52

I encountered the error "No definition of 'studio'"
Koen

#32 Post by Koen » 11 Nov 2020 20:15

@cxxiv I have created it with FMOD version 2.00.07; I'm not sure whether it still works with 2.1 (I don't believe so)
cxxiv

#33 Post by cxxiv » 26 Nov 2020 14:14

@Koen I have some nice navigation sounds from a time when the navigation sound creation system was very simple and a lot of people created their own. I also read the instructions for fMOD describing how easy it is to create these sounds yourself, but probably, like the creators of these modifications, I can't cope with this program.
Koen

#34 Post by Koen » 27 Nov 2020 00:37

@cxxiv I have no idea how FMOD works really, I just looked into the scripting abilities of FMOD, because I had to convert many voices at the same time, and I was sure I was not going to do it by hand.

That said, this method is not ideal if you have no programming or scripting knowledge, as it is not really meant to be easy to work with, but just to get the job done (for me).
Adam_LS

#35 Post by Adam_LS » 06 Mar 2021 13:13

Hi guys, i want to make brand new navigation with our new voice/dabing and we cant hear it in game. I used this option, and few yt tutorials but nothing worked.
I used this option: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMEModealjk and this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zClHoZ7LCs
The navigation popout in game in settings but no sound in final, where should i have problem? or is there something missing i need to do to get navigation voice working? Thanks guys :-)
https://www.worldoftrucks.com/en/profile/743981

>PC: AMD Ryzen 3 1200 (12nm) | GTX 660 | 8GB RAM | 500GB SSD | 750W PSU | GIGABYTE B450M GAMING<
truckerdude2014

#36 Post by truckerdude2014 » 10 Aug 2022 17:59

Registered on this forum to be able to ask for help with this...

@Koen I want to convert the old Google Maps Multilingual Voice Pack (Google_Maps_Voice_v3.scs) by Luuk Faasse to FMod or at least the Swedish voice but I just can't figure out how to work FMOD even with your instructions. Is there a way to "just" inject the voice files into a fmod .bank file? Or would it be possible for you to give step by step instructions on how to do this?

I did follow the instructions you gave as well as I could but even with the correct template loaded I can't figure FMOD out.

There is working fmod GPS voices for Spanish and Polish that I have found but that doesn't help me. :lol:
Koen

#37 Post by Koen » 10 Aug 2022 22:27

@truckerdude2014 Not that I know of. FMOD confuses me too, and I haven't touched it since I converted the files in 2020, so I frankly don't quite remember how it works.
truckerdude2014

#38 Post by truckerdude2014 » 11 Aug 2022 08:03

@Koen I have managed to use the fmod banktools version 0.0.1.4 to replace the audio files in another working GPS voice and it seems to be working aside from the fact that the prepare_turn_left.wav, prepare_turn_right.wav and compound_turn_left.wav compound_turn_right.wav sounds get cut off at the end when played back!

I have checked and the file format for these clips are the same as for all the others as far as I can tell so I don't know why it would cut off the end of the sound?
Any help from anyone here in the forum would be very much appreciated or even better if someone who knows this stuff well could build a GPS voice with the files I have?

Also want to make it very clear that I am not going to release this to the public, and I am working on it only for personal use. I wish SCS had made it so that backwards compatibility with the old GPS voice mods could have been kept in.....
Koen

#39 Post by Koen » 11 Aug 2022 08:32

@truckerdude2014 FMOD is quite picky about the exact file format (I don't remember what the correct format is, but I did run into the fact that the original TomTom OGG files were not the right type of OGG file, and I had to reencode them all first). That might be worth trying.
truckerdude2014

#40 Post by truckerdude2014 » 03 May 2023 15:54

I realize I posted this a very long time ago.
Managed to get all to work but I used another GPS voice pack as a base for my Swedish GPS voice and it works great.
Have yet to make it available as I don't know if it's okay to do so (will of course give credit where credit is due etc.).
Still haven't seen any other good Swedish voice for GPS that works with newer ETS2 so maybe there is a need for it?

Return to “Modding Guides”