Steering Wheel Rotates By Itself

Xrider55

Steering Wheel Rotates By Itself

#1 Post by Xrider55 » 18 Nov 2020 02:15

Hey, I've been having a constant problem in ATS with my Thrustmaster TS-PC Ferrari wheel.
Every time I rotate my wheel more than 400 degrees the in game wheel is auto rotating by itself to full lock... This wasn't an issue with my previous Logitech G25 wheel.
Every other game works great with my TS-PC wheel, so no problem there. I'm sure it's the game.

I've already tried re-installing the game and messed around with the game settings all the time, nothing works.
Searched for help online but nothing seems to solve this issue.
Please help.

This is my vid of the problem:
https://youtu.be/f9CPGDfHC0w
XanderSJX

Re: Steering Wheel Rotates By Itself

#2 Post by XanderSJX » 19 Nov 2020 11:07

I am not very familiar with Thrustmaster, but what is wheel range in total 900 or some other?
Looking at video, I see it happens at around 220 degrees. What is you steering sensitivity and non-linearity in game settings?
For G29, I have sensitivity at ~20% from the left. And non-linearity all the way left.
Harven
Global moderator

#3 Post by Harven » 19 Nov 2020 11:21

Hey,
looking at the steering wheel specs it has a rotation range from 270 degrees to 1080 degrees - same as my T150. For ATS/ETS2 you need to set the rotation limit to 900 degrees in the wheel control panel. The panel looks like this (not my image)

[ external image ]

make sure that the "Rotation/Angle" is set to 900.
Max
SCS Software

#4 Post by Max » 19 Nov 2020 20:41

you have most probably linked digital steering (meant for key/button input) on your analog device. thus when you turn half of the whole angle, it gives the game full input which sets limit wheel rotation immediately.
go to option/keys and unassign steering wheel axes there, and then chcek correct wheel setup in options/controller.
Nobody can tell you anything about it. Those who know about it aren't allowed to talk. And those who talk know nothing.
El-Barto10

#5 Post by El-Barto10 » 23 Nov 2020 15:32

Hey,
got the same problem with the G27.
Other Games run great with it.

Got it! :lol: profile deleted and reinstalled.
thank you anyway :)
Xrider55

#6 Post by Xrider55 » 05 Jan 2021 00:40

Xrider55 wrote: 18 Nov 2020 02:15 Hey, I've been having a constant problem in ATS with my Thrustmaster TS-PC Ferrari wheel.
Every time I rotate my wheel more than 400 degrees the in game wheel is auto rotating by itself to full lock... This wasn't an issue with my previous Logitech G25 wheel.
Every other game works great with my TS-PC wheel, so no problem there. I'm sure it's the game.

I've already tried re-installing the game and messed around with the game settings all the time, nothing works.
Searched for help online but nothing seems to solve this issue.
Please help.

This is my vid of the problem:
https://youtu.be/f9CPGDfHC0w
Managed finally to find the issue.
If you having the same problem as shown in the video, simply configure your steering and pedals axes in "controls" and Do Not key bind steering and pedals in Key Bindings (main and secondary key bindings).
I never thought it could be that since in every game it's done through key bindings...
All good now, thanks for the help!

Return to “Technical Problems”