Poll: which map expansion do you think is the best?

Which map expansion do you think is the best?

Going East
1%
Scandinavia
12%
Vive le France
7%
Italia
21%
Beyond the Baltic Sea
17%
Road to the Black Sea
41%

Total votes: 242

Komen

Re: Poll: which map expansion do you think is the best?

#41 Post by Komen » 14 Jan 2021 05:05

Edit* (As of Jan 2021)
1) Beyond Baltic Sea DLC- As the region mainly consists of flat terrain I would have to say it is my favourite map expansion pack as it mainly consists of rural roads and driving through the baltic states and into Russia really gives off a vibe and the sun setting is really spectacular in this particular region.
2) Road to Black Sea DLC- A well made DLC that has had a lot of work put into it. Driving through the mountain ranges in Romania and Bulgaria is quite breathtaking and Istanbul is a delight to drive to as well. What I don't like about the map DLC is that it takes forever to drive to base map which can be solved with a future Western Balkans DLC and the journey to Cluj Napoca is kinda a pain because of limited road networks but that's just how it is.
3) Viva La France - The rural roads are great to drive on but tolls are quite a pain and just feel that a few more smaller cities could be implemented. Corcisa is quite good to drive to though.
4) Italia DLC - Good to drive on but mainly consists of highways and tolls but the rural roads are great to drive on. With out Corsica and Sardinia it would be a pain to drive from southern italy to somewhere like mainland France, But thats just Italy's geography.
5) Scandinavia DLC - It's a great DLC but it's starting to age but doenst need a rework anytime soon in my opinion. Norway is the main highlight of this DLC.
6) Going East - Just an old basic map DLC but handy if you want to go to the Baltics or Black Sea dlc. Slovakia mountains is probably the main highlight of this DLC. A rework would be nice but the rest of the base map should be more of a priority.
ETS2 map that I'm working on a time to time basis
https://www.google.com/mymaps/viewer?mi ... WbhJ&hl=en
krmarci

#42 Post by krmarci » 14 Jan 2021 07:21

I'm surprised that RttBS is so high... Visually, it's great, but the road structure is beaten even by Going East. It has signage errors that I reported before (!) and after (!) its release and haven't been fixed to this day.
In my opinion, RttBS is the best. It is well accessible from other map areas (unlike Italia and RttBS, which desparately need the Western Balkans), is dense with cities (unlike VlF and GE), not too dense with villages (unlike RttBS), it is high quality (unlike GE and Scandinavia), and getting where you want to go does not need extreme detours (unlike RttBS).
My order is probably:
1. Beyond the Baltic Sea
2. Vive la France!
3. Italia
4. Road to the Black Sea
5. Scandinavia
6. Going East!
Last edited by krmarci on 14 Jan 2021 08:35, edited 1 time in total.
Komen

#43 Post by Komen » 14 Jan 2021 08:17

RttBs is pretty much like the blind spot dlc for now as it's only accessible via 2 road systems in Hungary. It is a bit too dense with the villages espeically in Romania and it can be a bit annoying sometimes as you have to consistanly slow down from 80km/h to 50km/h vice versa.
ETS2 map that I'm working on a time to time basis
https://www.google.com/mymaps/viewer?mi ... WbhJ&hl=en
Deimenried

#44 Post by Deimenried » 14 Jan 2021 13:42

I would definitely say it's Viva la France!, if only for the rural roads and small towns and villages which are so beautifully done. Corsica is so beautiful as well.
dahaka

#45 Post by dahaka » 17 Jan 2021 02:37

Komen.413 wrote: 14 Jan 2021 08:17 It is a bit too dense with the villages espeically in Romania and it can be a bit annoying sometimes as you have to consistanly slow down from 80km/h to 50km/h vice versa.
You've just described what driving through Romania feels like in real life. That's why I voted for it. It's beautifully made, and realistic. Sure there are some roads missing that should be in, but I just hope that sometime in the future, when SCS has time they will include them.

Return to “General discussion about the game”