ATS 1.40 discussion

flight50

Re: ATS 1.40 Open Beta discussion

#51 Post by flight50 » 04 Feb 2021 22:00

supersobes wrote: 04 Feb 2021 20:30 Here are the new lane use arrows at intersections.

The blue motorists services signs that people have been asking for are finally here!

I cannot believe that SCS actually added the state names to the Interstate shields! The attention to detail is amazing!
Those only lanes on the traffic light are pretty cool. I hope SCS doesn't over do them though. They are not everywhere and on all post. The road has markings and there are side of the road signs as well that inform lane direction. I can say though, the blue information signs look great. There have been times when I I have to pause the game to see what is ahead. For those that want complete immersion and only use signs, this is it. Lodging and fuel will be Major pluses. The downside is that @natvander, you have a ton of added work now with the kick butt signs. This is a lot to keep up with but does soooo much. I hope you are having fun with these signs. You can never leave SCS though, lol.

The improvement in signage will definitely pay off as SCS sweeps East to the more busier cities and towns. It gets easier and easier to not be gps dependent. I wish SCS developed a way to get the waypoint indicator into the gps. Perhaps, make it optional to allow the pop-up information panel to be integrated into the in dash gps. Sure it will be small but as long as its optional and limited to what shows, all is good. That would work well for those that do not want to use the huge dialog box. I'd love to go back to no info box but then I can't use the waypoint distance markers that I really really like. Sign can direct, but that can't tell you how far you have to go til your next checkpoint.

Or, since the game can track distance, how bout the game have a limit library of distances and the gps can tell us how much further till our next check point. The gps can tell us to turn right and left so its programmed to know that. Go a step deeper an put a distance on it to include voice distance remaining for checkpoints.

@Shiva awesome find. I was eyeballing that sign in the back corner that Suchmanor posted. I really like the way US-26 goes thru Casper. I hope we get a good porting of that along with the ramp to get on I-25. I'd something similar to this could be a nice flow to and from US-26.
[ external image ]
Last edited by flight50 on 04 Feb 2021 22:10, edited 2 times in total.
supersobes
Global moderator

#52 Post by supersobes » 04 Feb 2021 22:05

This looks so awesome with the new lighting!
SirVirgoTheMess

#53 Post by SirVirgoTheMess » 04 Feb 2021 22:13

I'm so happy that new chassis are available with 1.40,especially the 4x2.That means proper setup for double trailers and local distribution.
flight50

#54 Post by flight50 » 04 Feb 2021 22:17

Well at night time, you do get a great indicator that a stop light is ahead now. Those traffic light can sneak up on you. There are so many times when approaching a scenic town, a traffic light pops up and I have to slam on my brakes, lol. That is a cool sign to have. I wonder if this new light system will allow the moon now. Bring it back. The ambient light from the moon would allow us to still have some type of light in the game and not be pitch black. Based on the one video from the xmas stream when SCS was showing off the solar panel prefab in Iberia, things can react properly to the sun now. The same should be able to happen with the moon too.

@Virgo91 that is exactly what I was saying yesterday. I do hope SCS swaps out the AI to only haul 4x2 with pup doubles and triples. Although a 6x4/6x2 can haul them, it is much more common to see pups and trips with 4x2. It would also be cool to see a few AI with the 8x4/8x6.
xXCARL1992Xx

#55 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 04 Feb 2021 22:18

SCS removed the "hidden" accessories for the 49X, the painted filter intake and the plastic covers for the sideskirts instead of alu/chrome :cry:
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
Robinicus

#56 Post by Robinicus » 04 Feb 2021 23:29

5th wheel placement is off for the tridems....way too far to the rear of the chassis....assuming because they never built enough overhang into the tongue on the HH trailers...that and the combo of the pogo stick being so far forward makes them look very goofy....glad they are here, now time to tweak them so they look accurate
SirVirgoTheMess

#57 Post by SirVirgoTheMess » 04 Feb 2021 23:33

To be honest,1.40 is making it in my top 3 of favorites updates.New chassis,better F4 menu and new stuff for the 49X.New lighting comes last in that update for me.It looks great,but graphics doesn't make a game for me.I would take better AA over new lighting.
Bedavd

#58 Post by Bedavd » 04 Feb 2021 23:45

As of right now, it looks like US 287 won't extend beyond Fort Collins to Laramie. Could change by release of course, but I'm a bit disappointed.
Check out my Michigan research map!
Check out my ATS IRL map! -> Leave any feedback in my thread!
Kansas added! Up-to-date blog photo locations for upcoming states also included.
Grizzly

#59 Post by Grizzly » 04 Feb 2021 23:48

Running the linux beta, new lighting looks great. Driving the 49x 8x6 daycab SBA and it actually can go around corners unlike some mods I've used. 5th wheel does need to be pushed forwards. Don't think I'll be going back to 1.39, hopefully there's not too much work for modders to update.
flight50

#60 Post by flight50 » 04 Feb 2021 23:56

US-287 goes a little past the xxx barriers imo. It could be the end of the map sector to so we won't see much. Once 1.40 goes public or when 1.41 ob comes, then we'll see. Ft. Collins is pushed a bit North though so I wouldn't be terribly surprised if US-287 doesn't extend. I-25 is close enough to not make it to much of a backtrack trip.

Return to “General discussion about the game”