ATS 1.40 discussion

NoDe31

Re: ATS 1.40 Open Beta discussion

#971 Post by NoDe31 » 21 Feb 2021 05:43

It has nothing to do with engine, its all about time and money... Any engine can do what ever you want it to do, given you know how to work in it... Problem is, you would need 2+ years to port just ETS2 on another engine, and that is the best case scenario where every single programmer would know how to work in it, if not, you would have another bioware... Also you need huge amount of money, and as SCS is profitable company, they first look if its profitable, and I bet it would not be... Even Prism3D can have fancy shmancy stuff like Ray Tracing, fancy physics, super duper, ultra HD Textures, and every fancy graphic feature you can think of... Problem is, again, in time and money, and the fact that most of SCS playerbase still uses potato PCs from 20th century...
harishw8r

#972 Post by harishw8r » 21 Feb 2021 05:52

There's a significant difference between the 2016 ATS and the ATS we have now. The development curve might be slow with respect to some features asked by the community, but SCS will be there at some point. There's nothing wrong with the game or the game engine we have now. IMO only two things in the game need immediate attention - Truck sounds and AA.

-----------

On a different note, I read somewhere recently that truckers are legally allowed to drive for 11 hours on their 14-hour duty period. How nice it would be if proper breaks are included in the game?
orizon

#973 Post by orizon » 21 Feb 2021 07:54

True, but this is what YouTube thought is a good recommendation for me this morning.
Optional Features

#974 Post by Optional Features » 21 Feb 2021 09:10

SCS has redone their entire sound engine and now graphics. If they do physics next, it'll be like a whole new game in three patches. I have few complaints.
clifflandmark

#975 Post by clifflandmark » 21 Feb 2021 09:58

Rule 2.12

I hope so.I think, the biggest change that can be made for the physics in the game is the tremors of the trucks on the damaged asphalt. but it's a complex thing.
Crusader

#976 Post by Crusader » 21 Feb 2021 12:17

I realize the Black Ground Texture problem has been reported but as I was combing through responses here in this thread am I correct that the SCS fix will be coming up in the near future ? It seems to be a entire map wide problem ( in all states ) . It does occur during periods of rain I know and it's not a game changer , just turn the rain down to zero . Sorry , I know this has been discussed several times here .
angrybirdseller

#977 Post by angrybirdseller » 21 Feb 2021 12:18

Graphics far more room for innovation the physics is limited to specific situations, but scs have to appeal causal to average simmer. The hardcore that want everything realistic as possible you can go CDL license and drive. THE AA improvements this something would be worthwhile to improve along with weather improvement as clouds tend to obscure mountains on overcast days. Also, need cargo and industrial tool chain improvements would be nice. The Wyoming blog they are slowly moving over to more realistic cargo system which will enhance gameplay. The cattle hauling sector along with hauling corn, and wheat to feed the cattle kind off improvement as well.
Kuski79

#978 Post by Kuski79 » 21 Feb 2021 13:51

I'm loving the 1.40 OB! I juts wanted to ask, if anybody else has similar framerate drops, where it seems. like the GPU isn't being used to the fullest.
If you look at this picture https://imgur.com/C8BuFVE, you can see that the GPU is only about 50% being utilized and the framerate drops below 60.
clifflandmark

#979 Post by clifflandmark » 21 Feb 2021 14:20

I would not suggest anyone who lives other parts of world besides US to have a CDL, because that's impossible. but I highly recommend to not prevent players' demands who wants to drive that trucks in US geography but only got a chance to do it in a simulation.

there's a misunderstanding.

I meant to say, the peak point of physics is trucks' reactions to the damaged asphalt. I did not mean SCS can, or should do it.

btw I care less about trucks than geography, cities, industry.
kimmer

#980 Post by kimmer » 21 Feb 2021 23:05

angrybirdseller wrote: 21 Feb 2021 12:18 Graphics far more room for innovation the physics is limited to specific situations, but scs have to appeal causal to average simmer. The hardcore that want everything realistic as possible you can go CDL license and drive. THE AA improvements this something would be worthwhile to improve along with weather improvement as clouds tend to obscure mountains on overcast days. Also, need cargo and industrial tool chain improvements would be nice. The Wyoming blog they are slowly moving over to more realistic cargo system which will enhance gameplay. The cattle hauling sector along with hauling corn, and wheat to feed the cattle kind off improvement as well.
I look in the mirror as I drive in my truck. A cattle trailer is attached to my truck. I say wow. What a beautiful trailer. I look in the mirror over and over again.
"Hey cattle, are you in a good mood?" I say.
"You're great, my friend. You drive the truck perfectly. We are very comfortable. Also, they say the asphalt is so smooth that our tail doesn't swing."
We contract the cattle for a longer conversation at the truck stop.

Dude, things that are not important to you may be important to other players. This game is not just made for you. For example, things that are important to you are not important to me. For example, cargoes called cattle or corn, which are only options. For me, there is no difference between carrying wheat and mineral oil. Or there is no difference between the A33 highway and the B33 highway.

In short, my friend, say your expectations, but don't make silly suggestions when you hear others' expectations.

The name of the game is "American Truck SIMULATOR", NOT a trip simulation. So it must have the right physics too.
Youtube for combo maps : https://goo.gl/rycr7c
Facebook : https://goo.gl/Ks3RLa

Return to “General discussion about the game”