2021 map expansion discussion

P3TER_

Re: 2021 Map expasion Discussion

#491 Post by P3TER_ » 02 Mar 2021 06:58

I don't think it will be another "road to" DLC.
Bellarussia was also on my list, but I indeed doubt it.

Given that it doesn't include all of Russia, a name like Russia! isn't likely too.

Perhaps it will be "on to the motherland" :D
Evil_Jason

#492 Post by Evil_Jason » 02 Mar 2021 07:02

I wonder when SCS will make an official announcement. Could be in Summer I guess.
If something is not round, it has then edges or it is broken.
Skoot

#493 Post by Skoot » 02 Mar 2021 07:37

I wonder if traffic in Moscow will be as dense as it is IRL and if there would be any bypasses of the city aside from MKAD. I recall riding along with my grandpa on a trip to Lyubertsy (a suburb to the east or southeast of Moscow) several years ago, and he chose to leave M1 for some two-lane road (A107, I guess) which led us to M5 instead of taking the ring road. Spent at least half an hour waiting at one grade crossing there, lol.
P3TER_

#494 Post by P3TER_ » 02 Mar 2021 08:09

I hope they will make Moscow huge, because it is huge irl. We know the MKAD will be included, but it's the 4th (or 3rd real highway) ring.

-Boulevard Ring
-Garden Ring
-3rd Ring
-MKAD
-A113 / A107
-A108

These are all roads circling the city, 6 in total. Of these roads, the MKAD is the busiest afaik, but I hope the Garden Ring will be included too, so we have a double ring road feeling. Perhaps the A108 or A113 have parts too, but I don't think we will see them as ring roads, even though it would be cool.

By the way, we might not get the whole south eastern part of Moscow, so they can add it with another DLC. In this case, all the ring roads obviously don't fully encircle the city, but that's another question.
Shiva

#495 Post by Shiva » 02 Mar 2021 10:42

Not all of the ring road? I had it like that in my old theory, about the DLC area.
But now? I am not sure.
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.
P3TER_

#496 Post by P3TER_ » 02 Mar 2021 11:54

All ring roads would be a bit overkill I guess. Especially the Garden and the 3rd ring roads are very close together (2-3km) and can't be really represented in game.

Look at Paris, it has got not even one ring road completely, let alone all of the 2 ring roads it has.

London hasn't got all ring roads too, although it is of course a lot older.

I would like to see 4+ ring roads too, (i.e. Boulevard, 3rd, MKAD, A108) but I don't really see that happening.

I think we can definitely cross out the Garden Ring, as it is way too close too the Boulevard Ring and the 3rd Ring.
Skoot

#497 Post by Skoot » 02 Mar 2021 12:00

P3TER_ wrote: 02 Mar 2021 08:09 I hope they will make Moscow huge, because it is huge irl. We know the MKAD will be included, but it's the 4th (or 3rd real highway) ring.

-Boulevard Ring
-Garden Ring
-3rd Ring
-MKAD
-A113 / A107
-A108

These are all roads circling the city, 6 in total. Of these roads, the MKAD is the busiest afaik, but I hope the Garden Ring will be included too, so we have a double ring road feeling. Perhaps the A108 or A113 have parts too, but I don't think we will see them as ring roads, even though it would be cool.

By the way, we might not get the whole south eastern part of Moscow, so they can add it with another DLC. In this case, all the ring roads obviously don't fully encircle the city, but that's another question.
We're definitely not getting the Boulevard, Garden and 3rd rings. Entire MKAD and A113/A107 are a must though. Moscow has quite strict rules about where trucks are allowed. There's a zone that's limited to vehicles designed to carry less than a metric tone of cargo, for example, and it includes everything within the 3rd Ring. Construction equipment is most likely waived an access though. If you look at the Google Maps, you'll notice that most of the active industries and warehouses are located either within MKAD but outside of 3rd Ring or outside of Moscow altogether. I'd expect Moscow to absorb Khimki, Mytischi, Reutov, Lyubertsy, and Dzerzhinsky so as to get more industries (throw in 1-2 companies for some of these and leave others as scenery towns) and still have company yards along the highways leading into the city. Also, unlike Europe or America, most of the major roads inside the cities aren't freeways - for example, M5 starts encountering stoplights once it crosses the city line.
P3TER_

#498 Post by P3TER_ » 02 Mar 2021 12:15

Agreed

Interesting to hear about cargo limitations. Those are things we outsiders mostly don't really know.
If the 3rd Ring has limitations, SCS might not include it indeed, however I do think I saw people pointing out that SCS has already included some areas that don't allow trucks irl, just to get the feeling of the city.

When you say "everything within the 3rd Ring", do you mean including or excluding the ring itself? Because they may add the 3rd Ring as connection to companies just outside of it, to prevent players from having to go off-highway from the MKAD.
Skoot

#499 Post by Skoot » 02 Mar 2021 12:23

On-highway trucks are banned from 3rd Ring IIRC. I don't really think there's a point in including it.
IvanKuz

#500 Post by IvanKuz » 02 Mar 2021 13:12

Actually the Third Ring Road is full of big trucks pretty much all the time. Mostly your typical vans/curtainsiders, but also a lot of flatbeds carrying construction materials and equipment, because there are LOTS of construction sites everywhere across the city, in addition to the various hypermarkets, some historic factories and other locations that generate non-transit truck traffic. So if scale wasn't an issue, it would make complete sense to include the Third Ring along some nearby destinations, or at least a part of it. However, of course, the 1:19 scale of the game makes that very problematic.

Anything deep within the Third Ring definitely has no place in a truck sim game, though. Then again, if you try hard enough you can justify the inclusion of almost anything. Maly Theater as a functional company anyone? :lol:

[ external image ]

Return to “General discussion about the game”