Wyoming Discussion Thread

oldmanclippy

Re: Wyoming Discussion Thread

#3071 Post by oldmanclippy » 16 Jul 2021 14:31

I think they should make a priority to finish the CA rebuild by the end of 2022. I don't know how feasible it is, but I think it's a good goal so that by the time Texas is still making money within its first year on the market it can be bolstered by a modern CA. Then they can push to rebuild Nevada and Arizona by the end of 2023. The further out the completion of the ATS base map rebuild is, the more you'll prolong the issue, and the more people who will drop the game after only playing the base game, not knowing that there is much better experiences to be had with the DLCs. Every day the rebuild is incomplete is another day with potential for future lost revenue. That's why I think it was such a missed opportunity to have I-80 rebuilt by the time Wyoming came. It would have really enhanced the Wyoming DLC and promoted sales for it.

ATS is a very long term project, and there could be dozens of map DLCs remaining to be released for it. For every person who quits ATS because the base map isn't that god, that's dozens of potential lost future sales. The problem compounds on itself very quickly when there are so many DLCs to be released in the future. They will make so much more money in the future if they pony up and rebuild the base map NOW, rather than 3 or 4 years from now. Same with ETS2, although that situation might be even worse because the ETS2 base map is in the middle of the map, which makes the problem more extreme because it's much harder to avoid than ATS where the base map is in the southwest only and can be 100% circumvented since the release of Idaho.
Last edited by oldmanclippy on 16 Jul 2021 14:34, edited 1 time in total.
headquartered in Denver [ external image ] and Brussels [ external image ]
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | German Cities
prediction maps: Greece+Nordic Horizons | Nebraska+Arkansas+Missouri
davido
SCS Software

#3072 Post by davido » 16 Jul 2021 14:32

GabrielT wrote: 08 Jul 2021 13:12 I really think a SCS member should come here and take control of this thread. Saying hints, yes or no or later or... about Yellowstone.
I've let the cat out of the bag here... ;)
Attachments
02.jpg
Last edited by davido on 16 Jul 2021 14:38, edited 1 time in total.
harishw8r

#3073 Post by harishw8r » 16 Jul 2021 14:34

Thanks Davido! 😍
Last edited by harishw8r on 16 Jul 2021 14:34, edited 1 time in total.
SuchManor

#3074 Post by SuchManor » 16 Jul 2021 14:34

Yes!
What good is a world without good detail?
Check out my screenshots
oldmanclippy

#3075 Post by oldmanclippy » 16 Jul 2021 14:38

The clouds have parted, the angles are singing, people are parading through the streets, reveling and dancing and being happy. For Yellowstone is coming! Than you davido!!! The speculation is over, now we can patiently wait for what will surely be one of the best SCS DLC maps so far. Now we can finally talk about something else in this thread besides "will it or won't it" :lol: What will we do with ourselves now that the agony of not knowing is gone!
Last edited by oldmanclippy on 16 Jul 2021 14:39, edited 1 time in total.
headquartered in Denver [ external image ] and Brussels [ external image ]
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | German Cities
prediction maps: Greece+Nordic Horizons | Nebraska+Arkansas+Missouri
LATrucker

#3076 Post by LATrucker » 16 Jul 2021 14:39

Ok :o :o
This came unexpected... Thanks Davido :)
parasaurolophus67

#3077 Post by parasaurolophus67 » 16 Jul 2021 14:45

There you guys go. Hope you freaking happy now like jeez X_X
flight50

#3078 Post by flight50 » 16 Jul 2021 15:00

Whattttt, lol. Davido is on the forum,lol. Thank you kindly Sir. Annnnnd he proved us wrong and actually teased us. Thanks for that post @GabrielT. All is good and confirms now, sweet. That is the South gate https://www.google.com/maps/@44.1325399 ... 6656?hl=en

[ external image ]

I'll gladly take the delay to get up to that gate or beyond. That is a 27.2 mile trip to the Moran junction so that's a decent lil stretch of road. Now beyond that point, we have no clue what's to come or what's planned but at least we know YS is in the works now. So perhaps 1-2 miles at 1:20 scale is what we get from Moran. About another 1-2 miles to get to the US-191/US-20 split which is a somewhat straighter road. The plans for all this won't come anytime soon but at least there is confirmation now. We won't get all of YS though and we shouldn't with Wyoming. The coolest part (US-191) to West Yellowstone is definitively Montana. Depot in YS? Would be nice but if its not to be, at least we can get thru a portion of it. The question is, what portion.

@oldmanclippy Agreed. Devil's Tower finally checked off and now YS. So now its Cody and US-85 to talk about, lol. They are 2nd fiddle to YS but still key parts to the dlc. If Cody was scenic, it wouldn't be the end of the world. I just think it has enough industry to be marked. Then US-85 just sets up the future. It can always come later but it makes more since as an alternate route now for the detours feature. Its going to be quite a while until South Dakota comes. If we can get to Devils Tower via
US-16/US-14 exit, might as well add US-85 and connect it to both US-26 and WY-450 as a backroad route.
harishw8r

#3079 Post by harishw8r » 16 Jul 2021 15:20

Thanks for pinpointing the location, flight50, I was searching for it somewhere near the West thumb :lol:. We wouldn't get West YS for sure, but this road has to reach Cody now.

Now the map seems complete. The visuals look so impressive so far, this might just be the best DLC ever created for ATS.
hangman005

#3080 Post by hangman005 » 16 Jul 2021 15:31

I'm so excited... I just can't hide it.
ATS HQ: Las Vegas, NV
ETS HQ: Innsbruck, Austria
Promods Euro HQ: Reykjavik, Iceland

Return to “General discussion about the game”