PM for devs stuck in "outbox" folder

The forum dedicated to site issues, problems and wishes.
Some newbie driver

PM for devs stuck in "outbox" folder

#1 Post by Some newbie driver » 09 Jan 2022 17:17

I noticed that I've a few messages stuck in the "Outbox" folder of the PM system, while others that I've sent later (one just today) were moved to "Sent" and I know they had arrived.

I don't see there's anything strange on those stuck messages apart that all are sent to devs. Some were answers to message I've received from them (time ago, and now I noticed it, I'm sorry to saw it so late). Another of the message is one I started myself. But I sent message to devs other times, included in between those messages I've stuck, and they worked fine.

Any suggestion?

Regards
xXCARL1992Xx

Re: PM for devs stuck in "outbox" folder

#2 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 09 Jan 2022 17:18

outbox is sent but not read
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
Some newbie driver

#3 Post by Some newbie driver » 09 Jan 2022 17:34

It seems I misunderstood a lot the meaning; thought too much in mail systems. :roll:

I understand then some of the non read; after all I suppose they could had lots of people addressing to them in PM. But shocks me another one because that was this SCS staff member who reached me for a question. Well, things that happens.

Thanks for the help xXCARL1992Xx.

Regards
supersobes
Global moderator

#4 Post by supersobes » 09 Jan 2022 20:04

If the recipient's inbox is full, then they won't receive your message until they delete some messages from their inbox. That could be why they haven't read your message.
Some newbie driver

#5 Post by Some newbie driver » 10 Jan 2022 17:19

That makes sense; at least one of them for sure receives too many PM from us players. :lol:
plykkegaard

#6 Post by plykkegaard » 10 Jan 2022 17:51

Don't abuse the PM system
Most questions can be answered by a seasoned player
If the question might reveal confidential information the PM will not be answered nor even read

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
bobgrey1997

#7 Post by bobgrey1997 » 10 Jan 2022 17:56

Honestly, questions to devs that are relating to technical issues or support could be posted publicly so that other users with similar issues can get the same answers.
Some newbie driver

#8 Post by Some newbie driver » 10 Jan 2022 21:19

plykkegaard wrote: 10 Jan 2022 17:51Don't abuse the PM system
I don't abuse it. I use it so few times that I clearly didn't even understood the outbox folder workings. Shame on me for that.

I meant that for sure, some devs have too much PM from too many people; so it could perfectly be that they inbox is full hence my "non read" problem; as supersobes suggested.

What I sent to them was relevant to them and was nobody else business on here. If they read it someday, then good; if not, c'est la vie.

Regards
plykkegaard

#9 Post by plykkegaard » 10 Jan 2022 21:52

Right, to me it looked like you have send quite a few

Personally I would have disabled PMs from day one, working hours and life is a little too short
It is a matter of getting ones priorities sorted

Let the help desk deal with it, if it is a nice business case put it on a schedule
Obvious bugs or errors are a priority and are delt with asap

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.

Return to “SCS Blog and Websites”