Life Outside The Cabin. Or at least a walking distance away.

Doc24zw

Life Outside The Cabin. Or at least a walking distance away.

#1 Post by Doc24zw » 15 Jan 2022 07:00

Trucking is more than getting from a to b with a trailer at least add more diversification and meaning please some suggestions. explained in detail after.
1.minor details with major impact for realism e.g. oil in my truck.
1.1 minor details for everyday use like better use for our onboard computers.
2.use-able buildings to help us free roamers
3.dynamic police and emergency services
4.Deformation or some physical element like scratched paint
5.miscallaneous items of interest.

Descriptions
1.minor details with major impacts such as integrated oil that needs to be monitored over time, or brake fluid, ATF etc.. or an engine damage system like how a cold start on my Scania truck requires at least a 20 min idle period to warm the truck. or that high revs in first gear for 20 min cause the truck to cease engine.
it might also make sense to have leaking oil after a collision or a boiling truck after driving it at 80km/hr. with little to no water.

1.1 with that in mind be able to check all the fluids etc.. on my dashboard or a system on the GPS to see what's lacking an be able to top up fluids or water when needed
the addition of click spots to the cabin is a help like adding the route advisor to the onboard computer makes it more real.

2. usable buildings
sleep simulation is a step in the right direction but what about hunger, sex sightseeing? okay forget sex but what about an office in my HQ imagine driving my truck in to the
office getting out and walking into an office makes me want to drive to and from the office. or give me a home. in terms of hunger maybe gas station shops or drive-inns or just being able to go get my truck tyres changed for an animation while i walk around or drive a smaller vehicle to get food.
i can also get into a company reseption to get jobs instead of the gate.

3. the police need revamping. so far all the police cars do is fine me for driving past them at 120km/hr. no road blocks to inspect vehicles or random spot checks. seems a good idea to be able to tell the police when the AI violates traffic laws and crashes into me or i accidentally murder a family of 4 in their hatchback and can call ems.

4.i have a 100 percent damage and a perfect looking truck why should i pay $86 000 to fix it? how about some persistent scratch marks when i drive close to the bushes or scratched paint when i cut corners at a junction. and flat tyres please please please. you have those small random objects in the road we see them, but what is the consequence of hitting one at 50 km/hr how aboout a flat. or one for hitting the gable with a load

5. misc items such as a third person camera on foot or being able to open my truck hood/bonnet to check oil or manually securing trailer cables take inspiration from flight simulator x's GSX ground sevices x.
jeremyj621

Re: Life Outside The Cabin. Or at least a walking distance away.

#2 Post by jeremyj621 » 23 Jan 2022 06:28

#4 will never be implemented. Truck manufacturers don't want visible damage to their trucks as part of licensing agreements with SCS. This also applies to fluid leaks in #1.

Being able to get out of the truck and walk around has been a long-requested feature. I would like to see it, but that may require designing a custom avatar for the driver, especially with a third-person camera. I've heard varying comments about why it can't or won't be done, but I myself keep hoping it will be someday.

Return to “Feature Wishlists and Suggestions”