New DLC Special transport 2 (Super Heavy and Super Oversized)

Trenero

New DLC Special transport 2 (Super Heavy and Super Oversized)

#1 Post by Trenero » 17 Jan 2022 18:54

Hello I have and I enjoy a lot the DLC Special Transport and i think that there are potential for a second part.

After seeing some real life transports and some documetaries about that I think that a new dlc could come with new loads all over the 100t mark, here are some of the documentaries I talk about.(first video is superdetailed about all the small things that can be done in the routes)
https://youtu.be/Y6OUnz5nJZQ
https://youtu.be/2OrDaOIxsiM
https://youtu.be/7_N26eaXar4

My suggestion is to include in this DLC loads loads over 100t like for example big transformers, big industrial boilers, parts of super big machines, sections of concrete viaducts, containers with nuclear waste, big locomotives...(In this Dlc also could fit loads of less than 100t but superoversized like windmild blades).

This tipe of loads are usually transported in modular trailers, that you can couple together to make a big plataform capable of handle de loads, sometimes the loads are directly on top of the modules, and others is hanging between modules thanks to adaptors(for example the transformers are usually transported like that).
This type of modules are usually coupled to the trucks via tow bar (You can also see some coupled via fithwheel in this case the trailers has a place to put ballast over the 5th wheel)
Usually this type of transports are pulled for atleast one 8x4 with a box with ballast placed over the 5th wheel, and in many cases for this transports you need to use more than one truck usually other coupled on the back to help pushing and braking the whole convoy. (in this case i see also 6x4 with ballast helping on the back).
This type of modules are usually coupled to the trucks via tow bar (You can also see some coupled via fithwheel in this case the trailers has a place to put ballast over the 5th wheel)
Usually this type of transports are pulled for atleast one 8x4 with a box with ballast placed over the 5th wheel, and in many cases for this transports you need to use more than one truck usually other coupled on the back to help pushing and braking the whole convoy. (in this case i see also 6x4 with ballast helping on the back).
Here and example of the ballast box.
[ external image ]

For this particular DLC i don't think we will need many routes with one per map expansion(Or country) i think is enough, the focus here should be make a really challenging route, maybe a route that will take more than one day needing to manouver the convoy to parked for the night, but the real focus is to make the route inmersive and challenging, for example:
  • Needing to wait all the vehicles clear a highway viaduct to cross it alone and in the middle line due to the wheigh.
  • In the small bridges a team should place metal reinforcement structures and you need to cross the bridges circulating only on top that reinforcements.
  • In roundabouts the team placed metal and wood planks to cover a path over the roundabout and make you able to take it straight.
  • Tight turns than request you to uncouple the trailer and couple it from the back to be able to maneuver and make it.
  • Up hill and downhill sections that request other truck coupled to the convoy to help you pull or brake.
  • If you are too fast you will need to stop and wait for the crews that help dismounting obstacles or prepare structures for you, if you are to slow you will need to wait more to the traffic be shut down for you to pass.
  • Damage buildings, signaly or other structures will cost you money
  • independently the hour of start of the job you must need to pass from some sites at exactly X hour, for example they will close the highway for you in the nigh between 4h and 5h so you must to stop waiting for the time(like currently sleep) or you press start the job when you want but the time pases automaticaly till the hour.
About the vehicles, apart of the new trailers I think that this DLC only needs heavy bumpers with front coupling (like the one in the new actros 8x4) for all the 8x4 at least ( I'm sure that man has that type of bumpers and i don't know about the other brands.)
This also could be a great opportunity to include new accesories to the trucks, like beacons directly mounted on the roof without needing bars and apart of the classic ones include the new flat led ones., and the tipical oversized or convoi exceptionel sings in this case if is not posible as accesories maybe can be included as a paintjob, also could be a oportunity to add the 8x4 chasis for the actros mp3 that has it in real life.

I think that's all, many thanks for your time.
Greetings

Everyone are free to add new things and improve this idea.

Pd: I forgot to mention now that we have only convoy this type of DLC is the perfect opportunity to make it also multiplayer optionaly.
For example:
  • One player drives the truck pulling and the other player drives the truck pushing.
  • One player drives the special load and the other player drives a truck loaded with the reinforcemets to cross bridges and the player with the special load can't cross the bridge until their friend deliver the reinforcements to the bridge, after the special cargo cross he must reload it in the truck and cotinue to the next bridge or obstacle.
  • The load is divided in more than one trailer and each player drives one following the same scort making a special trasnport convoy.
  • A combination of all above

Return to “Feature Wishlists and Suggestions”