Next ATS truck speculation

ASDF

Re: Next ATS truck speculation

#5241 Post by ASDF » 18 Jan 2022 04:18

Seerman wrote: 17 Jan 2022 18:05 You forgot about International LT
Yes, and International LT
Hopefully in the future America Truck Simulator will add these trucks: Freightliner 122SD/Century/Columbia/FLD/Cascadia/Coronado, Kenworth T800/T880/W990,Volvo VNX740, International HX520/ ProStar, and MACK Pinnacle, MACK Titan.
Freeze338

#5242 Post by Freeze338 » 18 Jan 2022 05:10

@TheAmir259 do you know size of the states right? I mean are you really think that SCS could barely finish Delaware and Maryland in a year just because they are adding 2 states per year now? Do you think Montana and West Virginia requires same amount of work ? Is Connecticut and Oregon same about size?

About the trucks, is there any written rule like " SCS cannot make the trucks which is out of production" ? If there is please show me. Because I'm remembering once Pavel was saying that they wanted to add classic trucks as well. He said that in 2018. He also said maybe not soon but they wanted to add in some day. 4 years passed, I wonder what do you expecting? 25 years ?

Even if a rule exist about " SCS cannot make trucks which is out of production" , do you have any proof that SCS didn't get the licenses before ? Unless some of you joined meeting of licensing with manufacturers, making inferences doesn't make any sense.
jarryed

#5243 Post by jarryed » 18 Jan 2022 05:20

TheAmir259 wrote: 18 Jan 2022 02:51 You clearly didn't read what i said properly, thanks haris for explaining that. While i did say that on a whim, i am still right, with only 10 states done (out of the lower 48), going at a rate of 2 per year is only gonna get us all of them by 2040, how are you taking that seriously yet still getting it wrong, when i didn't take it seriously but still got it right? But once again, this is a truck thread so lets move away from that.
Sorry but linear extrapolation is not going to work here. You really think they SCS would release these states: Delaware, New Jersey, Rhode Island, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Vermont, New Hampshire, and Maine all individually?

As you move east across the USA the states get smaller. Two out of the three largest lower 48 states are being done. California is already done. Afterwards the states get quite a bit smaller. So no, 2040 is not even close to being correct. I would say a good measure would be once around Mississippi River area is when we should hopefully be seeing multiple state DLC.

I'm hoping the International 9900i is just the start of seeing more older trucks in the game. I'm happy with what we have and what is coming.
You can never make a miserable person who complains about everything happy. They live by "If I can't be happy then no one can be happy."
TheAmir259

#5244 Post by TheAmir259 » 18 Jan 2022 10:05

Freeze338 wrote: 18 Jan 2022 05:10 @TheAmir259 do you know size of the states right? I mean are you really think that SCS could barely finish Delaware and Maryland in a year just because they are adding 2 states per year now? Do you think Montana and West Virginia requires same amount of work ? Is Connecticut and Oregon same about size?
jarryed wrote: 18 Jan 2022 05:20 Sorry but linear extrapolation is not going to work here. You really think they SCS would release these states: Delaware, New Jersey, Rhode Island, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Vermont, New Hampshire, and Maine all individually?
Once again, why are you guys taking the maps side seriously, i was trying to relate to how SCS can't possibly continue to maintain their pace of 2 trucks per year any longer, just like how the maps are also not gonna be 2 per year (with the exception of this year since its the last of the big threes), get the bigger picture and stop trying to bring up unrelated conversation and make them serious right here.
Freeze338 wrote: 18 Jan 2022 05:10 About the trucks, is there any written rule like " SCS cannot make the trucks which is out of production" ? If there is please show me. Because I'm remembering once Pavel was saying that they wanted to add classic trucks as well. He said that in 2018. He also said maybe not soon but they wanted to add in some day. 4 years passed, I wonder what do you expecting? 25 years ?

Even if a rule exist about " SCS cannot make trucks which is out of production" , do you have any proof that SCS didn't get the licenses before ? Unless some of you joined meeting of licensing with manufacturers, making inferences doesn't make any sense.
4 years, 25 years, anything in common? Its called Waiting. I also clearly stated that it was a myth and never was a rule, and as it is right now, both sides exists regarding the 9900i and this makes it debatable or controversial, right now you're heavily sitting on one side and disregarding the other, even though we're sitting in the speculations thread. You don't say that the possibility of them getting the licensing for the 9900i before it going off the production line doesn't exist now do you? And for the EL3, well we know it ourselves, unless you don't.

It also seems that you are too angry and self-centered, to even think about others, and never good with words to begin with. You're treating me as if I'm saying no to out-of-production trucks when i've never stood on that stance, nor are any of us. Who here doesn't want to see classics (introduced into ATS) anyway? The only thing was that the 9900i isn't a strong case to say that they can do an out-of-production truck, we need either a different truck or a statement from SCS themselves saying that the 9900i's license was indeed obtained after the truck went out of production.

It also seems like you're forgetting the real factor of getting one, it's not whether the trucks are no longer produced or not, it's actually the willingness of the manufacturers. I'd consider us lucky enough to get the old VNL as we are uncertain of the status of the old Cascadia, of which some of us even called it truly dead. And what factor decided this, out-of-production trucks? No, its the manufacturers. Getting the licenses are probably harder than it sounds, but given from other examples like Farming Sim and Spintires, we're also not exactly sure why SCS are doing licensing this way, nor do we know why the manufacturers are dealing with SCS this way neither.
Two wrongs don't make a right, three lefts...do :D
flight50

#5245 Post by flight50 » 18 Jan 2022 12:57

I've said this before and I'll say it again. I seriously doubt Pavel came all the way to the US several years ago to visit Navistar to walk away with just the Lonestar license. If I am coming all this way, I am negotiating for multiple trucks. Those being the Lonestar, LT and 9900i....at the least is the result. Navistar wanted to be part of the game and its a great move for them to help market them. I don't think SCS got the license after the 9900i went out of production. I'm sure when Pavel mentioned, there are paid debts for both games, that the 9900i was that debt for ATS. Implying that they have a licence but due to not enough truck modelers, its on the backburner.

Prior to the tease of the 9900i, everything is speculation. With all 7 manufacturers in the game, we have zero clue what the next truck is. In a way, I like it like this now because there is truly pure guessing until we get a hint. Any of the trucks in the poll above could come to ATS at any point. But I think SCS should stick with not announcing a truck until the last minute. Last minute as in 2 weeks. Talking about it well before its ready to release is torture for many and its being on tons of debates. When the truck has cleared approval, the final polishing and testing are done, that is when SCS is clear to talk about a truck. 3+ weeks out, is cause a lot of debate on SCS's social media. A truck is not like a map. That teasing seems to do a little more harm than good.
tjrr

#5246 Post by tjrr » 18 Jan 2022 13:09

Freeze338 wrote: 18 Jan 2022 05:10 About the trucks, is there any written rule like " SCS cannot make the trucks which is out of production" ? If there is please show me. Because I'm remembering once Pavel was saying that they wanted to add classic trucks as well. He said that in 2018. He also said maybe not soon but they wanted to add in some day. 4 years passed, I wonder what do you expecting? 25 years ?
i'm not the most familiar with the north american market in terms of those designations, but as classic trucks i suspect we are talking about classic models, such as w900 and 389 in game, and not exacly old trucks, it's not impossible, but Pavel saying they wanted classic trucks, i suspect it was a reference to models such as the 9900i, 4900, ...
trucks in ATS: 2018 Anthem, 2023 vnl, 5700xe, 9900i Eagle, 5x w900, 57x, 49x, 2019 Cascadia, 389 and t680 signature edition

trucks in ETS2: 2022 xf, fh16, r730, stralis hy-way, magnum, old actros, old fh16, old xf and old stralis
flight50

#5247 Post by flight50 » 18 Jan 2022 14:31

The term classic around here is fairly ambiguous. Most of us call classic as in old trucks. That could be 15+, 20+ or more years old. Its not necessarily out of production trucks. Now classic style truck....that is your W900, 389, 4900. I'm not sure if this is tied to conventionals but if not, trucks like the K100, Superliner, 351, CLT2000, etc would be classic in my opinion. Classic to me is a truck that is iconic to its era. I don't get into older classic much besides the most popular one spoken of around here. It would be nice if SCS got caught up on all the in production trucks. Then trickle down to the last 10-15 year models and finally those really old 25+ year old trucks.

The thing about North America is the huge selection of models over the years. Its not very often when a model looks like another. There is a huge range to choose from if the book is wide open. The problem for SCS is getting references and access. References in regards to sound and accuracy of model that is. I don't think quality is tied to reference though. Its been proven that mods can provide good quality without manufacturer references. If Pavel can grow that vehicle team like its seems like that's his plan, a lot of on the shelf stuff and beyond will slowly make its way to their games. If there are manufacturers wanting a part of ATS/ETS2, SCS pretty much needs to increase production. The current staff is overwhelmed. Only way to get more content and more projects, is to hire more for the vehicle team. That was the obvious plan imo when we got news that SCS has expanded last year. When it comes to dlc's, that is money on the table if SCS doesn't capitalize on their partners wanting in. The demand is only increases so SCS has no choice really but to meet it. Otherwise, that's revenue lost.

For me, the next 2-3 years will be interesting and set the tone in regards to what comes about for the vehicle team. From trucks to trailers to AI vehicles to tuning packs, tire packs, cargo dlc's, accessories and whatever else may be included, I hope to see more dlc's surface.
ASDF

#5248 Post by ASDF » 18 Jan 2022 15:51

Freeze338 wrote: 15 Jan 2022 20:31
ASDF wrote: 15 Jan 2022 16:43
the successor to the WorkStar is the HX, right?
No. Successor of HX is still HX.

Here is the old HX.
Is there any difference between the old HX and the new HX? Is it the mirrors and interior? And the chassis?
Last edited by supersobes on 18 Jan 2022 17:27, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed image from quote [Forum rule 2.3]
Hopefully in the future America Truck Simulator will add these trucks: Freightliner 122SD/Century/Columbia/FLD/Cascadia/Coronado, Kenworth T800/T880/W990,Volvo VNX740, International HX520/ ProStar, and MACK Pinnacle, MACK Titan.
ASDF

#5249 Post by ASDF » 18 Jan 2022 16:21

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Sl-Zov-jpM&t=630s
Is the truck that transports the Hyundai HX480L excavator in this video an international 9900i or 9400 or 9200?
Knightrider

#5250 Post by Knightrider » 18 Jan 2022 16:23

flight50 wrote: 18 Jan 2022 12:57 A truck is not like a map. That teasing seems to do a little more harm than good.
True. I think they did good with the LT for instance. We first heard (at least me) on the last minute on a map DLC preview picture and 2 weeks later we got it in a beta.
Best Regards.

Hosting a dedicated server for ETS 2/ATS, with optional mods support.

Return to “General discussion about the game”