Austria Rework Discussion

Aziz

Re: Austria Rework Discussion

#51 Post by Aziz » 18 Jan 2022 14:42

Not really. On the outskirts, on pretty much every intersection where more important roads meet, and not only on highways but also on national roads and sometimes on more local roads between towns and large villages. But on these smaller roads you get maybe one larger city on the sign and that's it.
Trucker Nik

#52 Post by Trucker Nik » 18 Jan 2022 16:07

I wonder when we will get another blog about the reworking of Austria with new information and photos, I hope it will be this month, the last blog about Austria was in November 2021
SenseFM

#53 Post by SenseFM » 18 Jan 2022 18:16

Ceco wrote: 18 Jan 2022 13:31 The list of places that Reskin Austria will bring has escaped we will get a total of 6 new places and Austria will contain a total of 12 places, the video as well as the evidence in it can be taken as 100% true, as these are game files https://youtu.be/oBEUW88J0Tk
That's interesting, but as @Aziz said, they seem to be targets for mileage signs, since Langen am Arlberg and Sankt Anton am Arlberg are small villages and are pretty close to each other, and Brenner isn't even a town, but an important mountain pass connecting Austria and Italy. What is surprising is that most of them except Bregenz and Villach don't seem to be the usual "control cities" that are used in Austria's signage. Maybe the developers want to only include towns that will exist in the game in some way, as an scenery or an inaccessible town. To be fair all of them are positioned in strategic locations: Langen and Sankt Anton are in the both ends of the Arlberg Road Tunnel, the longest tunnel in Austria (14 km/8.7 mi). Leoben is a largish town (Pop. 25,000) in the mid part of the A9, and the Brenner Pass is one of the most important passes in the Alps. Either way, the Austria rework is looking very interesting!
oldmanclippy

#54 Post by oldmanclippy » 18 Jan 2022 21:29

Can we please ban links to AP101Gaming here? They make ridiculous extrapolations all the time just like this. If there are 12 marked cities in Austria I will eat my hat and everyone else's. Like Aziz and SenseFM said, these will be scenic towns if they are in (and Brenner isn't even a town!). We might get 1, maybe 2 more marked cities than we already have in Austria, but we shouldn't expect more than the 6 we have currently. I'm really getting sick of people thinking "it's in the game files, therefore any conclusion I come to based on them, no matter how far-fetched, is reasonable!"

Case in point: Montana's list of cities has been "known" for a while now because they're in the game files. Does that mean with certainty that those are the only cities that Montana will feature, or that SCS will not leave one of them out? Of course not. It's a piece of evidence that should be taken into consideration alongside all other evidence, not a crutch to make dramatic conclusions from.
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | see profile for link to Germany cities and Switzerland rework maps
prediction maps: Greece | ATS 2024-2025 DLCs
research map: Upper Midwest (work in progress)
xXCARL1992Xx

#55 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 18 Jan 2022 21:39

omg, the cities in the files even say mileage, they are for the distance sign calculation, this guy should srsly be blocked on youtube
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
IvanKuz

#56 Post by IvanKuz » 18 Jan 2022 21:44

oldmanclippy wrote: 18 Jan 2022 21:29Can we please ban links to AP101Gaming here?
Fully supporting this. This is getting tiresome.
Trucker Nik

#57 Post by Trucker Nik » 19 Jan 2022 05:48

Let me remind you that the town is not even Lacq in France, it is a village and located in the game, and is marked
niklkanikl

#58 Post by niklkanikl » 19 Jan 2022 10:11

Although I agree that this doesn't confirm anything, I wanna add two things. One, Brenner (Dorf) is actually a town right at the Austrian-Italian border. Second things is, that the inclusion of Langen and St. Anton doesn't make a lot of sense mileage wise, so I'm hoping they could be scenery towns. If you're driving on the S-16, you can't see these towns because they're either to high up (Langen) or you're still in the Arlbergtunnel (St. Anton), so including them for scenery purposes would only make sense, if we get the Arlbergpass, which would be great as it is a beautiful road and possibly an easy way to satisfy both player parties, the ones that want more challenging roads as well as the ones that want to play as realistic as possible.
Double M

#59 Post by Double M » 19 Jan 2022 13:56

I don't know if some of you have thought or commented on it before, but when they release the Austria rework a World of Trucks event (#cruisingAustria) could be launched along with it. As has happened when Iberia or other dlcs were released in ATS. I know it's not a dlc and it's basemap content, but it's still a great idea to celebrate it..
Trucker Nik

#60 Post by Trucker Nik » 19 Jan 2022 15:18

Needlessly, in addition, the reworking of Austria and the release of HoR will be close to each other, which means that when the release of HoR we get the event cruising Heart of Russia, there is no point in cruising Austria and cruising HoR together

Return to “General discussion about the game”