FPS Problem..

Dawidek_6969

FPS Problem..

#1 Post by Dawidek_6969 » 18 Jan 2022 20:29

Hello, I have such a problem. In addition to the routes, it goes smoothly, in the city you know the fps will drop. But without exaggeration, I already did everything on the computer by formats, etc. Still nothing, the graphics card set to the highest performance in windows applications, literally everything. And it crops on me on medium graphics settings. And combinations with vertical sync and everything. I have no advice anymore .. My computer specs
Processor: Intel Core I5-8300 2.30x2 GHZ 8 cores.
Ram: 8GB
Graphics Cards: Intel UHD Graphics 630 approx. Inch memory. 4168m. Nvidia Geforce GTX 1050 approximates the whole memory. 8059mb / vram.4019mb
Windows 10 Home 64x
I don't know, maybe someone had a similar problem. Thank you in advance .....
EricF

Re: FPS Problem..

#2 Post by EricF » 30 Jan 2022 15:55

I've found that the game is getting increasingly memory hungry -- especially with mods. 8 GB RAM may be part of the issue. I used to run 16GB along with a GTX 1080 and then an RTX 2080 Super, which was fine for maxing out most settings including 400% scaling. Then over the last couple of years, nothing worked reliably for keeping FPS up unless I dropped scaling to 300%.

A couple of weeks ago, I finally changed out my RAM to 32 GB. (I'd been holding off doing that until I could make it part of a whole new build, but shortages... :? So I just went ahead and changed out RAM in my 6-year old PC)
Everything has gone back to normal -- I can run at 400% scaling again, with maybe only a little bit of fine-tuning needed now. Very acceptable performance overall.

Memory seems to be the most significant limitation, currently. So if you can at least bump it up to 16 GB it may improve, better if you can get 32 GB. Fortunately DDR4 RAM seems to be in decent supplies at reasonable prices for now -- It can't hurt to grab some.

Return to “Help center - player to player”