Huning Unlimited 2 doesnt even start!

The Hand

Huning Unlimited 2 doesnt even start!

#1 Post by The Hand » 10 Jan 2022 20:43

I bought HU2 for nostalgic reasons, but when i launch, it doesnt work!
Higashikata Josuke! I, Okuyasu Nijimura will erase you using The Hand!
NmanMETA

Re: Huning Unlimited 2 doesnt even start!

#2 Post by NmanMETA » 19 Jan 2022 02:25

Did any error windows or messages pop up, and are you installing off of a disc or did you download the Steam version?

If you're still having this issue, provide a few more details. You might have been out of storage space, or the settings might have been out of wack. If you installed off a disc, there's a chance you may need to run it as administrator. I have to run 2010 in compatibility mode for Windows 7, try that and see if it works. If it doesn't show up right away, just give it a minute and click every now and then. I have a newer PC and all of these older Hunting Unlimited games give me issues seemingly at random.

Based on what you said, you launch and simply nothing happens. Judging by that, try running as admin; that's your best bet. If that doesn't work, stack compatibility mode onto that.

If you run the game and the little icon pops up on the toolbar and your screen resolution changes, but the game doesn't pop open, try to Alt+Tab into the game and see if that works. You could also try Alt+Enter, that's worked for Steam games for me in the past. I hope this worked for ya!
WE'RE *THIS* CLOSE!
oxygenhog

#3 Post by oxygenhog » 07 Jun 2023 00:23

Hey I know I am kinda late to this but I am having a similar issue! When I try to launch HU10 it says "Corrupted installation, Reinstall application from original CD. Error was : [Path id not valid: [1]]". I installed HU10 from steam and it's worked when I first got it around a year ago. Any help would be appreciated!
Adyusha

#4 Post by Adyusha » 09 Jun 2023 21:15

In such a situation, cleaning the registry and completely (correctly) deleting the game helped me

Return to “Hunting Unlimited Series”