SCS General Discussion Thread

Madkine
Global moderator

Re: SCS General Discussion Thread

#12741 Post by Madkine » 19 Jan 2022 05:24

@AlexxxF1 The issue is that for contested area's 'how it is in real life' differs depending on who you talk to.
WoT Profile
ATS Workshop

"never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"
AlexxxF1

#12742 Post by AlexxxF1 » 19 Jan 2022 07:07

@Madkine there is no problem, since these territories have a specific flag and specific border guards who draw the border, only not on the map, but on the ground.
and it doesn't matter who you're talking to. these territories belong to someone and are under someone's protection.

just like any other country.
or for example in Scotland or Catalonia you can also find people who will speak. that they are independent. but the fact remains that they belong to someone and under someone's protection (that is, the flag).
( but I can agree the only difference is that something more famous is in the news and they talk about it all the time. or something is not known and they do not talk about it in the news. )
but talk is just talk. the flag and the border guards do not change from this no matter what any say.

Kosovo has its own border and border guards. Crimea has its own border and border guards.
in the game, only roads and cities are important to us, to transport goods between them.

and the way the border and the flag is drawn, it keeps changing in history. all times. :arrow: https://youtu.be/gzXoc8y2G0k?t=4
The lines on the map are constantly changing. roads, cities, forests, rivers remain unchanged.
Today one border, tomorrow another. therefore, in the game you can show what is at a given time.
Adriatic Sea Team

#12743 Post by Adriatic Sea Team » 19 Jan 2022 08:44

Can we stop talking about politics? All of those might be reasons why SCS was avoiding and maybe will keep avoiding certain regions and countries. This is one of the reasons why I think we might never get the Balkans as a whole.
Vinnie Terranova

#12744 Post by Vinnie Terranova » 19 Jan 2022 10:37

I think this is the perfect time to talk about politically sensitive areas, as there are signs that the next DLC will be the Balkans area, which is quite a sensitive area. And I also would like to have Ukraine and Belarus in the future. So the time comes and already has arrived that we as players have to discuss it.
pigbrother

#12745 Post by pigbrother » 19 Jan 2022 11:11

Apart from Kosovo, I can’t recall any other sensitive area. Northern Macedonia is just a name that pisses off some people and the Srpska Republic is whining as usual, albeit stronger than usual, but nobody actually cares. Am I missing something?

Ukraine with Donetsk and Crimea and Moldova with Transnistria are more problematic.
I have approximate knowledge of many things
Eduard_Kenobi

#12746 Post by Eduard_Kenobi » 19 Jan 2022 11:53

What a problem is with Donetsk? Is that part of Ukraine? Yes it is. So make it in Ukraine. Problem solved.
pigbrother

#12747 Post by pigbrother » 19 Jan 2022 12:10

Yeah, save for the fact is a bloody warzone right now thanks to Gas Daddy… Are we going to get military checkpoint and random shelling? You can start building that area as it was before this mess, but it will look the same when your DLC will be published or it will be already outdated.
I have approximate knowledge of many things
guilhem1

#12748 Post by guilhem1 » 19 Jan 2022 12:40

they can quite simply make a dlc ukraine with moldova without crossing the dnieper river would already be good and the rest will be done if the conflict stops in a few years
festmache

#12749 Post by festmache » 19 Jan 2022 12:56

I think it's best if we all try to step away from our own perspective and acknowledge that some situations are very complex and sensitive. There is not always a single truth. We can say things like "X is obviously part of Y" and "people from Z are just whining" but the other party could say the same (only reversed).

I can live with any decision SCS makes for these sensitive areas. Again, there is no single truth that everyone accepts.
vanilla player, loving ETS2, loving ATS even more! | 🇳🇱 🇪🇺
Map with all cities | Personal cabin accessories

[ external image ]
Trucker_71

#12750 Post by Trucker_71 » 19 Jan 2022 13:37

A road is a road regardless who the politician is. :roll:

Return to “Offtopic and other voices”