Austria Rework Discussion

Some newbie driver

Re: Austria Rework Discussion

#61 Post by Some newbie driver » 19 Jan 2022 18:30

Doubtfully there will be any cruising event for Austria. Those are meant to boost sales of new released DLCs, that would not be the case. Still more important, Austria will probably arrive with the same update that bring us some new map DLC either for ETS2 or to ATS. SCS will not create a cruising event for a non-directly-profitable release that would hinder another release where they will be winning big fresh new money. That would be completely nonsense from an economic point of view.

Regards
dsf.fernando

#62 Post by dsf.fernando » 19 Jan 2022 19:39

oldmanclippy wrote: 18 Jan 2022 21:29 If there are 12 marked cities in Austria I will eat my hat and everyone else's. Like Aziz and SenseFM said, these will be scenic towns if they are in (and Brenner isn't even a town!). We might get 1, maybe 2 more marked cities than we already have in Austria, but we shouldn't expect more than the 6 we have currently.
The only place in Austria i remember that is missing for now is Schwarzmüller's factory.
Proud student of Games and Multimedia in the Polytechnic of Leiria - the Portuguese capital of game development
(and still hopeful the city will feature in the game with a garage someday)
polskagrom

#63 Post by polskagrom » 19 Jan 2022 23:28

Some newbie driver wrote: 19 Jan 2022 18:30 Doubtfully there will be any cruising event for Austria. Those are meant to boost sales of new released DLCs, that would not be the case. Still more important, Austria will probably arrive with the same update that bring us some new map DLC either for ETS2 or to ATS. SCS will not create a cruising event for a non-directly-profitable release that would hinder another release where they will be winning big fresh new money. That would be completely nonsense from an economic point of view.

Regards
You never know we had that event for Germany after it was updated.
SenseFM

#65 Post by SenseFM » 28 Jan 2022 16:12

Wow, that's a lot of pictures! And something very interesting:
Surprisingly, there are quite a few highways in and around the Alps too; such as the A9, A10, and A12, which we have included in this rework.
A10, the Tauernautobahn, isn't currently featured in the base game apart from a very short stretch in its southern end. So it seems we're also getting a new highway, and a very scenic one, too.

I'll be back later to see if I can find some of the pics in Google Maps!
Jatruck

#66 Post by Jatruck » 28 Jan 2022 16:23

Can't wait to drive in Austria reworked. I hope will come with 1.44.
Some newbie driver

#67 Post by Some newbie driver » 28 Jan 2022 16:29

THOSE are the mountains we had been waiting for
Marcello Julio

#68 Post by Marcello Julio » 28 Jan 2022 16:33

Although some of the roads, such as the Großglockner-Hochalpenstraße (Grossglockner High Alpine Road) are usually off-limits to truckers; we decided that we wouldn't want to take away access to this famous but challenging route for our drivers.
I'm glad they finally stopped this idea of not putting roads that trucks aren't allowed to!
We may even ask our Special Transport team to create a route or two through this area. Do you think you'd be able to deliver these huge, heavy, and fragile loads through these winding and demanding roads?
One or two new Special Transport Routes using the new region!
Double M

#69 Post by Double M » 28 Jan 2022 16:35

Just great. There is no better way to start the weekend than with 35 photos. My congratulations to the team that Austria is doing.
The captures are a true work of art. You can see the effort and the love and dedication that they are putting into the re-elaboration of Austria.
It has far exceeded my expectations. My jaw dropped when I saw the photos of the Alps, I think that when I leave Austria I will be driving through it for several months in a row. Now I feel the need to visit the Alps in person one day. For me this has been the best blog this week. It has made my day. :D :D :D
BRCKHMPTN

#70 Post by BRCKHMPTN » 28 Jan 2022 16:46

Simply breathtaking, astonishing scenery, great attention to detail, mountains worthy of the name, arguably the best depiction we've seen so far in the game, finally some well made realistic signs in Austria too... This is what we want to see guys, simply 1000 times thank you for this. 10/10

Return to “General discussion about the game”