Freightliner Cascadia what do I paint to cover this...

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
Eldrick

Freightliner Cascadia what do I paint to cover this...

#1 Post by Eldrick » 06 Dec 2021 21:11

painting the Freightliner Cascadia and using the Accessories to paint sideskirts, however I still get this repeat texture;
Freightliner Cascadia T-medium.jpg
I have had a look at my DEF files for the cab pointing to a sideskirt and I don't see that happening, does not mean it is not, just that I can't find it. What else could be causing the cab to repeat on the wheel hub?

I have painted the following sideskirts and thet are OK.
Sideskirts - Aero Painted (Cabin A, 200 gal)
Sideskirts - Aero Painted (Cabin C)
Sideskirts - Aluminium or Chrome Tank
Sideskirts - Paint
Sideskirts - Aero Painted (Cabin A, 240 gal)

If I have selected-Long 6x4 240gal with a Chrome tank, then I get the back cab texture appering as shown.
supersobes
Global moderator

Re: Freightliner Cascadia what do I paint to cover this...

#2 Post by supersobes » 06 Dec 2021 22:14

It should be "sideskirt_alu.dds" that determines what shows up on that part of the truck.
Alarthon

#3 Post by Alarthon » 07 Dec 2021 23:06

Make sure in the accessory def file that the sideskirts are pointing to the correct .dds file. It looks like its pointing to the wrong file. If its pointing to the correct file, make sure the .tobj is pointing to the correct file.
Gakun

#4 Post by Gakun » 09 Dec 2021 14:52

I also have a paintjob from before 1.43 and the new front bumper (Aero 2020, both with or without the foglights) is also repeating my truck's main skins texture. Could anyone give me an example of what to do to assign an individual one for this bumper? I mostly relied on software like Paintjob Packer or Mods Studio 2 so I'm not too knowledgeable.
SomeNordGuy

#5 Post by SomeNordGuy » 21 Jan 2022 04:46

Gakun wrote: 09 Dec 2021 14:52 I also have a paintjob from before 1.43 and the new front bumper (Aero 2020, both with or without the foglights) is also repeating my truck's main skins texture. Could anyone give me an example of what to do to assign an individual one for this bumper? I mostly relied on software like Paintjob Packer or Mods Studio 2 so I'm not too knowledgeable.
don't look too close at the wind deflectors near the A pillar.. My entire skin side repeats there in very tiny form. It may be a mod, it may be SCS. I have no idea.
cascadia 2020 bumpers are a mess too. I thought it was LJ's Mod but its not... which causes a tremendous amount of issues when skinning/masking.
[ external image ]
SomeNordGuy is on Steam, Youtube & World of Trucks
Skinning/Modding Since 1997
xXCARL1992Xx

#6 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 21 Jan 2022 09:01

those are all new parts, you have to add them to your paintjob so they dont take on the main skin texture, there is nothing broken
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
SomeNordGuy

#7 Post by SomeNordGuy » 03 Feb 2022 04:14

Gakun wrote: 09 Dec 2021 14:52 I also have a paintjob from before 1.43 and the new front bumper (Aero 2020, both with or without the foglights) is also repeating my truck's main skins texture. Could anyone give me an example of what to do to assign an individual one for this bumper? I mostly relied on software like Paintjob Packer or Mods Studio 2 so I'm not too knowledgeable.
within the mod, within the def sii file you need to add the part designations to the specific paint job data lines for each paintjob, cab and truck

you can change which mask/uvmap/dds it points to there. If it is someone else's paintjob mod you should ask for permission first.
[ external image ]
SomeNordGuy is on Steam, Youtube & World of Trucks
Skinning/Modding Since 1997

Return to “Help requests”