Map edit save does not populate in game path

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
Steeler Bud

Map edit save does not populate in game path

#1 Post by Steeler Bud » 20 Jan 2022 20:09

Isn't the "save" in the Map Editor supposed to populate the base_map>map folder with the MBD and usa folder?

I cannot get it to do so. I have new edits in mod>user_map folder.

Everything within the editor seems to be good but I cannot get the map edits into the game.

Moved to help requests as this is not a mod release.
Madkine
Global moderator

Re: Map edit save does not populate in game path

#2 Post by Madkine » 21 Jan 2022 06:29

Map editing has changed several times in the last year or two. Check the modding wiki for how it's supposed to work now.
WoT Profile
ATS Workshop

"never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"
Reinhard

Re: Map edit save does not populate in game path

#3 Post by Reinhard » 25 Oct 2023 10:37

Steeler Bud wrote: 20 Jan 2022 20:09 Everything within the editor seems to be good but I cannot get the map edits into the game.
Well, the saves in the "user_mod" folder content should be loaded immediately into the game, without further ado. With the "base_map" approach, you had to take action after every save, to make the game know the newly created sectors.

If you want to keep the older approach, you could try "-no_user_map_mount". But I don't know if this is still supported, I used it only for a very short time.

Return to “Help requests”