G29 Wheel. Stiff steering I had once fixed, but not anymore.

Xegethra

G29 Wheel. Stiff steering I had once fixed, but not anymore.

#1 Post by Xegethra » 21 Jan 2022 23:38

Hello.

Late last year I moved onto a new machine and had recently this year tried using my wheel with both ATS and ETS2. I've had it for a couple of years now and I remember the steering being really stiff back then. I found a fix for it, which no longer works. The fix was to go into the registry settings and find the VID_046D&PID_C29A and VID_046D&PID_C29B folders and change some values to 0. It worked!

But not anymore. Somehow I only have the VID_046D&PID_C29B folder. And I have tried changing the values there to no effect. Although I notice that if I go back into the registry sometimes the settings will reset when I reboot, but not always. I have tried rebooting and not rebooting but neither has an effect.

I've changed other settings based on searches like I did before, with LGS and in game but nothing has an effect.

I've done the whole uninstall and reinstall routine as well. I've even gone into the registry and deleted everything to do with Logitech (fortunately, I only have the wheel.)

I have also tried running the game with and without LGS running, same result. Even when the Registry settings are at 0. Running LGS seems to reset the registry settings when I boot up the game.

People have said that GHUB can screw things up...well, if that's true then I might have used that when I first plugged in the wheel....I could not remember the simple Logitech Gaming Software name so went with GHUB. Realised it wasn't what I was using before and got rid of it. Also couldn't find any gear stick options on it which I thought was odd. Anyway, I went back to LGS and the steering remains really stiff and I don't know why. The fix I used before no longer works. I don't know if I should blame GHUB or not, I remember I did have it when I first used the wheel a couple of years ago and had the stiffness problem but back then I removed GHUB and managed to fix the steering.

I'd feel bad not using the wheel if I can't fix it, it was a present. I know some people might like stiff steering, but I don't and I know there is a problem as I can't change the stiffness at all. No setting I change, LGS, Registry or in game has any effect. I've been on the Logitech website and it's the same advice over and over that doesn't work for me, didn't even work two years ago, going again it still doesn't.

The fix I found before was a post on the Project Cars 2 forums somebody linked me to.
https://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showt ... g-Software

Return to “Help center - player to player”