FFB Settings 1.43 G29

untz

FFB Settings 1.43 G29

#1 Post by untz » 22 Jan 2022 20:55

Hi there,

I have an issue with the Logitech G29 wheel. For the FFB settings, if I have overall gain on 50%, mid of the bar, the rumbling is only noticeable when turning the wheel. When going straight there is no feel from the wheel at all. More annoying is that If I drag the slider to the left for less overall gain, the wheel feels like a pepper grinder. I can feel the internal gear wheel in the G29 turning, and it makes it impossible to steer in a smooth way.

Does anyone have any tips on how to improve this? I'd like some gain so that I can get the centering at low and high speeds, but the constant 'grinding' feeling from the wheel is very annoying.

TIA!

Regards,
untz
EricF

Re: FFB Settings 1.43 G29

#2 Post by EricF » 30 Jan 2022 15:44

Is the Engine Resonance slider turned up at all? If it is, move it all the way left and try the feel. If that cures it, you can move it ever so slightly right to give the wheel a slightly more "live" feel if you want, but not so far right that the horizontal line of the slider is showing to the left of the "handle" in the UI.

The Logitech motor and gear mechanism isn't able to transmit the vibration effect very well, so the Engine Resonance is best left off or very, very minimal.
untz

Re: FFB Settings 1.43 G29

#3 Post by untz » 04 Feb 2022 07:32

EricF wrote: 30 Jan 2022 15:44 Is the Engine Resonance slider turned up at all? If it is, move it all the way left and try the feel. If that cures it, you can move it ever so slightly right to give the wheel a slightly more "live" feel if you want, but not so far right that the horizontal line of the slider is showing to the left of the "handle" in the UI.

The Logitech motor and gear mechanism isn't able to transmit the vibration effect very well, so the Engine Resonance is best left off or very, very minimal.
Hey, thanks a bunch, that did the trick! I think completely turning off resonance was the thing I hadn't tried yet. :roll:

untz

Return to “Help center - player to player”