Simple Tachograph for ETS2/ATS, v1.7.3

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
Lukemfc

Re: Simple Tachograph for ETS2/ATS, v1.7

#141 Post by Lukemfc » 02 May 2021 08:58

Hi guys I’ve copied and put plug-ins bin folder into ets 2 folder I need an idiot guide what to do next has can’t get it installed any help be appreciated thanks
ruifilipe75

#142 Post by ruifilipe75 » 06 May 2021 15:17

Hello everyone,

I got a question that, maybe, has been asked many times BUT... How to do the daily rest (and midday rest as well) when playing online with Promods.
I tried yesterday and, while I was stopped in a gas station doing my 9h.. I've been kicked from the server and my rest time did not count.

Thank you & Happy kms !
Lukemfc

#143 Post by Lukemfc » 08 May 2021 13:01

Attention #3! In case the hot keys do not work, try to run the program "as administrator"! how do you run program has administrator please
Littlefazer

#144 Post by Littlefazer » 22 Oct 2021 16:04

Annoyingly this seems to knock the g27 ffb plugin from working properly. Anyone else have this issue?

Nevermind after a bit of fiddling I got it working again by adding the g27 id into the ffb plugin config (never needed to do before as it was the last pluggin to load however this now loads after, Maybe alphabetically I spose)
DaftLeonardo

#145 Post by DaftLeonardo » 02 Dec 2021 18:51

Hi, I have a question, I installed the tacho and everything works exept the sound, everytime a sound should be played I hear a default windows sound, idk where to install the sounds files and I need help, thx a lot. :D
luky95

#146 Post by luky95 » 18 Dec 2021 18:44

Ahoj existuje česka hlas ? co hlasí dobu jizdy atd ? děkuji

Hi is there a Czech voice? what reports driving time etc? Thank you
LAFAYET47

#147 Post by LAFAYET47 » 20 Jan 2022 17:43

hello @knox_xss I realised if I move time in console, then the rest time won´t be taken into consideration properly. Now because I moved time with console, it shows like I didn´t take the 9h obligatory rest (I changed it from 11 hours) so I have -9 hours and tachograph voice is telling me that.

Only rest spots count for resting time? You can´t stop anywhere and rest? How can I fix this?
knox_xss

#148 Post by knox_xss » 20 Jan 2022 19:14

LAFAYET47 wrote: 20 Jan 2022 17:43 I realised if I move time in console, then the rest time won´t be taken into consideration properly
You wrong. Or you did something wrong. Or you don't understand how it works.
The reality is this: if in the program "Minimal Full day rest time" is 11 hours (for example), and you in console move the time forward 11 hours, so "Rest time" will be "11:00" or more, then it will be counted as a "Full day rest time".
LAFAYET47 wrote: 20 Jan 2022 17:43 Only rest spots count for resting time? You can´t stop anywhere and rest?
Nope. You can stop anywhere.
Long way to Fuji starts with the first step!
JETLogistics

#149 Post by JETLogistics » 22 Jan 2022 22:59

I should preface this by saying that I do love this mod, it adds a dose of realism missing from SCS games since its only brief, basic appearance in Haulin' and has been implemented in other games only further proving the fact that a tachograph, as annoying as it can be at times, should be a part of a true simulator, whether it be an optional feature or fixed.

I hate to make requests, and I understand how thinly stretched a modders time is - you all have real lives and those should absolutely take priority over these hobby projects we are truly grateful for - and so I ask only if it may be an easy/planned feature to include.

Would it be possible to add an option to export data to, for example, a csv file ? With real tachographs, whether that be the increasingly rare analogue or the standard, obligatory digital variety, there is a physical record avaliable, and the ability to look back through a certain number of records.

If this has already been requested and there is a reason not to include this, then I apologise for further beating the horse.

I think it would just make an interesting feature - if you were driving an older vehicle (such as the Mercedes SK, for example) where using the csv file, a spreadsheet program and some trickery, it would likely be possible to create an analogue tacho chart of your daily activities, or for a modern vehicle, a printout. Just for that extra immersion.

Of course, none of this is necessary and so this is only a 'if you got the chance and it wasn't any hassle' request, perhaps just something to consider if you planned an update at all.

As it goes the mod doesn't need anything else and is a great addition to further improve the immersive simulation of the game, for which I thank you!
I may not be very active as I am a truck driver in real life, so I'm away many weeks at a time !
My World of Trucks profile
knox_xss

#150 Post by knox_xss » 23 Jan 2022 16:10

@JETLogistics Thanks, mate ;)

About this...
JETLogistics wrote: 22 Jan 2022 22:59Would it be possible to add an option to export data to, for example, a csv file ? ...
To be honest, there are no plans to update the program yet... but the idea is good. Agree with you. Perhaps in the future such a function will appear. Thank you ;)
Long way to Fuji starts with the first step!

Return to “Others”