invisible walls ets

JEKFA

invisible walls ets

#1 Post by JEKFA » 09 Jan 2022 09:49

I wanted to ask if with an update it is possible to remove invisible walls to make the game more realistic or signal with red xs why I happened to want to maneuver in free areas but break the truck for hitting an invisible wall
plykkegaard

Re: invisible walls ets

#2 Post by plykkegaard » 09 Jan 2022 10:18

Without exact information it is difficult to say
Generally speaking if you hit an invisible and severe damage at low speed it is caused by a problem with a 3D model

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
Some newbie driver

#3 Post by Some newbie driver » 09 Jan 2022 11:54

I've never received damage when hitting invisible walls. Had not been frequent, but sometime i was very distracted and some crashes were those that send the truck directly to workshop but no damage received at all; so I suppose its something done on purpose in the game code.

Either you hit a invisible wall that has a problem (then, should be a bug and properly reported) either you really hit an object not an invisible wall. If you really don't see any object colliding with the truck at the moment the damage was suffered; then it could be some bug with the hitbox of an object being bigger than it's 3D visible model.

Regards
TeamDeer

#4 Post by TeamDeer » 23 Jan 2022 09:41

Hello,

I believe they are referring to the XXX wall that blocks players from driving off of the map. There is a mod I know that removes them. You can find it on the Steam Workshop - it's called Immersive Symbols. Keep in mind that the off limit area of the map doesn't have collision so you will probably fall through the road.

-Deer
TruckersMP Addon Manager
[ external image ]
plykkegaard

#5 Post by plykkegaard » 23 Jan 2022 10:22

The XXX barriers does not cause damage on vanilla map

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.

Return to “Gameplay Questions”