Blender - Help center

MatzeH

Re: Blender - Help center

#111 Post by MatzeH » 24 Jan 2022 09:25

@aerlenkoenig Can you see the gap in solid (without textures) viewmode? If so then you possibly have a flipped normal on that polygon. Thats easy to fix. If its a missing polygon, switch to edge edit mode and select 2 sides of the missing hole and hit F. That should close the gap.
aerlenkoenig

#112 Post by aerlenkoenig » 24 Jan 2022 12:52

Thank you for the response. It is a missing polygon. I also get the gap closed, just not in such a way that it looks nice in the end. I simply tried it the way you described, mark the vertices or edges and close the gap by hitting F.

Maybe I should specify my problem a little bit further. I took the standard rear bumper from the Scania NextGen. I marked the vertices above and below the light of the bumper and copied them, because I want to achieve almost the same structure for the lower light and corresponding bumper part as for the vanilla parts. Then I mirrored all (the new bumper part and the light) on a xy plane. I positioned these parts to a point, where I want to blend in everything to the standard bumper.

Here is the bumper part (marked vertices), which I copied and mirrored: [ external image ]

Now I was wondering if there is a good method, where I can blend in the new parts to the standard bumper. Are there some modifiers, which help to merge it or do I have to do it all manually? I tried it manually but then I get the weird shadings. (I did not try all modifiers yet.)
Alarthon

#113 Post by Alarthon » 25 Jan 2022 20:47

If it is not needed to be a smooth continuous transition, just place this where it needs to be and don't attach the two. When you attach the vertices that's when the bad shading will start happening, because you are changing the face normals.
MatzeH

#114 Post by MatzeH » 25 Jan 2022 23:10

What Alarthon said + you could try to select the new polygon and reset the normal vector. That may smooth out the shading with the surrounding polygons.

In general if i edit an imported model the first thing i do is cleanup by removing as much triangles as possible without destroying the shading. It's less work as it sounds like (Tris to Quad, Dissolve Edges, etc.) and you get a better base for modifications.
aerlenkoenig

#115 Post by aerlenkoenig » 26 Jan 2022 00:05

Thank you so much, guys. I will try everything.
KGergely

#116 Post by KGergely » 09 Apr 2022 14:43

Hello everyone,

I am not experienced in using Blender, so I ask for your help.

I have imported a license plate mod, edited it, exported it, and when I import it again, it forgets the materials.
A I read on modding wiki and here on the forrum too, it should still export it correctly.
In the game it says texture not found.
What can be the problem?

(On the left is the model imported first, on the right is the mod edited (removed two locators) and re-imported)
[ external image ]

Return to “Blender Tools”