Cooking: Prime Boneless Fried Chicken Strips with secret breading and glutinous glaze

SqrlNuts

Cooking: Prime Boneless Fried Chicken Strips with secret breading and glutinous glaze

#1 Post by SqrlNuts » 24 Jan 2022 10:19

First you buy special:
Boneless, Skinless Chicken Thighs 2 lbs(1kilo)

Freeze them or buy them frozen... Then let them thaw until the are just a little frozen in the middle(very important for the center to stay moist but not rubbery)

Lay the thigh fillets out and cut short wise, strips no larger than 1"/ 24cm wide at the thickest, should cut easy it they are still a little frozen/firm.

Ok.. then you mix one cup of milk, and the secret ingredient, Citrus flavored caffeinated beverage 2-4 ounces (mtn dew, squirt, surge)

Using metal bowls mix the milk & carbonated soda in a 30 ounce bowl.

Take your breading, in this case I use shore lunch, which I have tonnes of. And lay the dry mix in a large bowl at least 100oz.. (my bfb... Big friggem bowl)

Let the first batch of chicken soak in the wet mixture for 3-4 minutes and then with tongs place the strips in your bfb and do the jelly roll or hula depending upon where you are from. (Toss them around in the bowl by doing the hula) they should look like powdered balls.

Have your deep fryer with lard, vegetable oil or preferred oil at least 3", 65cm deep or 1/3 of the depth of the pan, you must use a pan at least 3 times the thickness of what you are frying. (Good time to take a walk and buy a wok) 350°f... @ 3500ft elevation.

Ok. Now... You let them fry... You will hear when the internal temperature of each strip reach boiling point and that is when the oil gets aggressive, about 2 minutes after the initial drop in. Use a lid if you haven't figured that out by now.. lay it just a bit crooked so the steam collects on it and it drops back down into the fryer.

Usually there are 2-3 aggressive fry sound bands until the chicken is done.. watch your coloring, if your first batch gets too dark your temp needs to be recalibrated to 350°.. 170° internal temperature minimum after you let it rest for 20-30 seconds from removing the strip from the hot oil. It will keep cooking as it lays in your paper towel/oil basket/rack

These will be the most tender prime cut chicken strips you will ever taste..with just a hint of citrus.

So you can lay them on pilaf, on a bed of noodles with a white sauce or a red sauce.. you can take orange marmalade and warm it up with chili flakes as a glaze or you can use lingonberry compote as a dip.

My absolute favorite is my fresh black raspberry and black raspberry brandy reduction compote/glaze (with the seeds in) spooned/drizzled on top of the chicken strips on top of a mound of butter drenched garlic red potatoes with a single strip of dill and an orange slice with firm long/thin green beans that have been cooked with a single pearl onion or a pinch of chives.

Thanks for reading.
[ external image ]
SqrlNuts is SomeNordGuy on Steam, Youtube & World of Trucks
Skinning/Modding Since 1997
justis

Re: Cooking: Prime Boneless Fried Chicken Strips with secret breading and glutinous glaze

#2 Post by justis » 31 Jan 2022 17:02

looks really delicious, thanks for sharing

Return to “Offtopic and other voices”