occasional white screen flashes?

RootlessAgrarian

occasional white screen flashes?

#1 Post by RootlessAgrarian » 27 Mar 2018 20:07

Recently when enjoying Italia I saw a few, very intermittent (many minutes in between) white screen flashes -- so quick that I almost doubted whether I had really seen it. At first I thought it might even be lightning (in-game) because the sky was very overcast, but then it happened again with a clear blue sky.

OSX Steam version of game, El Cap 10.11.6, latest ETS2, NVIDIA web drivers, GTX 970

If this is just a video driver thing, I'm not too worried -- it's mildly annoying but not disruptive to gameplay. But if it indicates that my graphics card is starting to fail then that's scary (given that the bitcoin-driven graphics card bubble is still going strong).

Does anyone have a thought on this?
Level 42 and rising... i7 8700K -- AMD Radeon 5700XT -- ASUS MAXIMUS XI HERO - WIN10
NoCabView minimod
Euro Bike Simulator
The Beginner's Guide To SCS Mapping (WIP)
Zeeuk1 Modz & Skins

Re: occasional white screen flashes?

#2 Post by Zeeuk1 Modz & Skins » 28 Mar 2018 15:46

Completly sounds like a gpu issue. No body else has reported this issue before, i'm sure if they ever did SCS would of created an imediate hotfix for this... Clean out your GPU and try again!
RootlessAgrarian

#3 Post by RootlessAgrarian » 28 Mar 2018 19:10

Well I just recently was into the box (mem upgrade) and vacuumed everything. No more white flashes during an hour or so of gameplay last night, so I'm gonna call it an Irreproducible Result and not worry for the moment. One day, maybe, the bitcoin bubble will be over and gpu pricing will come back to sanity and I'll replace my faithful GTX970 with a 10-series board (1080Ti in my dreams)...
Level 42 and rising... i7 8700K -- AMD Radeon 5700XT -- ASUS MAXIMUS XI HERO - WIN10
NoCabView minimod
Euro Bike Simulator
The Beginner's Guide To SCS Mapping (WIP)
Soilingcomic

#4 Post by Soilingcomic » 29 Mar 2018 07:47

I have those flashes as well. Shadows under trucks blink sometimes.
EliotMess

#5 Post by EliotMess » 29 Mar 2018 13:49

Now that you mention it, it's been a while since I had these. Due to the ProMods shadow bug I disabled fake shadows only for trucks and trailers and the problem seems to be gone.
In case anyone wants to give it a try, edit the config.sys

Code: Select all

uset r_fake_shadows "1"
harismor1

#6 Post by harismor1 » 24 Jan 2022 10:40

Wow, thanks for sharing usefull info about, i fix my problem
Guys, I want to share with you my way of earning money. I've been trading with safetrading for six months now. I trade altcoins using crypto trading signals . And there are also a huge How to Pick Crypto-trading Channels in Telegram | ITIGIC

Return to “Help center - player to player”