Poll: Which area should SCS add to ETS2 next?

Which area Should SCS include next?

Further East (Ukraine, Belarus, Moldova)
14%
More of Russia / Release HoR
24%
Caucasian Countries (Armenia, Georgia, Azerbaijan)
2%
Ireland
32%
Iceland
9%
More of Turkey
16%
North Africa
3%

Total votes: 274

Trucker Nik

Re: Poll: Which area should SCS include after Russia?

#531 Post by Trucker Nik » 24 Jan 2022 13:15

Given the profits of the SCS with DLC (mainly map DLC), I think it would be a good idea for as a reward to add a few European countries for free to the base game, so I mentioned Ireland and Iceland, and these are small countries that I think would not be problem to add to base map. @krmarci you forgot to mention Moldova
xXCARL1992Xx

#532 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 24 Jan 2022 16:35

no it wouldnt, they are a for profit company, not a charity, people should forget that they EVER add maps for free, little additions like Sardinia or Corsica are an exception (and arent free either for everyone)
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
Juli On Tour

#533 Post by Juli On Tour » 24 Jan 2022 17:57

xXCARL1992Xx wrote: 22 Jan 2022 12:23 expand Scandinavia + Finland, just because i got into the taste of driving Eurocombies and need more roads to drive on to not be repetitive all the time :lol:
I'll give my vote there. I fully support that. I've already written about it if you saw it.
Scandinavia fan Norway, Sweden Look at my WoT Profile:https://www.worldoftrucks.com/en/profile/1265700
Some newbie driver

#534 Post by Some newbie driver » 24 Jan 2022 19:10

Ceco wrote: 24 Jan 2022 13:15Given the profits of the SCS with DLC (mainly map DLC), I think it would be a good idea for as a reward to add a few European countries for free to the base game,
The profits they made with maps already gave you for free:

- All the new trucks added since de day you purchased the game
- All the reworked base map areas since you purchsed the game
- All the features the game has added since you purchased the game

When you purchase a game you pay ONLY for the content you get on that moment. Anything else that will come later is for free. It doesn't matter the promises or expectations you had about those updates could include when factoring the price you payed; the cold truth is that you payed only for what you get in that precise moment. The part of the EULA where it says "The software is delivered as it is blahblahblah"; yes, that text that nobody reads.

I think you, me, and everybody else here had been more than "rewarded" all this time. Some of us had been getting free content for near 10 years. And now you say that they should give us for free still more content. Content of the kind that it's their main source of income; the income that keeps afloat the company so we could had got all those years of free updates. And all of that based in the allegedly enormous profits that you think SCS has. Is that you had seen their books to be able to confirm that?

In your profile it says you are 19 years old. Someday you will grown and know what its to really sweat to have a decent job. Maybe even you will learn what it's to swear still harder to work to keep afloat a company, to be the ultimate responsible of the salary of all your employees. That day, if it arrives, maybe then you will understand how fundamentally wrong (to say it softly) are your words now.

SCS is a private company that exist to make profit; and to do so they create a product, put a price on it and we decide if it's worth our money. SCS isn't a charity organization. SCS aren't our slaves ready to jump through the window at our command. Stop all those pretending they are one of those two. Stop asking every day they cover you all with gifts as if you all would be so special to deserve it. Do you all want a game that continuously give content for free to their players? DO IT YOURSELVES.
gaillard

#535 Post by gaillard » 24 Jan 2022 19:28

Some newbie driver wrote: 24 Jan 2022 19:10 Anything else that will come later is for free.
I maybe be wrong but I think you may have forgotten a NOT there...
Aziz

#536 Post by Aziz » 25 Jan 2022 02:51

Some newbie driver wrote: 24 Jan 2022 19:10 Is that you had seen their books to be able to confirm that?

In your profile it says you are 19 years old. Someday you will grown and know what its to really sweat to have a decent job. Maybe even you will learn what it's to swear still harder to work to keep afloat a company, to be the ultimate responsible of the salary of all your employees. That day, if it arrives, maybe then you will understand how fundamentally wrong (to say it softly) are your words now.

SCS is a private company that exist to make profit; and to do so they create a product, put a price on it and we decide if it's worth our money. SCS isn't a charity organization. SCS aren't our slaves ready to jump through the window at our command. Stop all those pretending they are one of those two. Stop asking every day they cover you all with gifts as if you all would be so special to deserve it. Do you all want a game that continuously give content for free to their players? DO IT YOURSELVES.
Here we go again. Do YOU know the numbers? Every single sentence sounds so... Overprotective, should I say, like if they really struggled to make a penny. I don't think they do, given the fact that they can afford to travel to places and record sounds, take some pictures, as we see every now and then. Dlcs aren't their only source of income, people are still buying the game, flow of new players is steady. Be happy that they hadn't gone full Paradox, with every single bit of new content behind paywall. But since they didn't, I believe they didn't need to. Sure they're in business to make money, but it kinda looks like they have also passion for what they're doing.
Plus, funny, nobody said anything about charity or slaves, those are your words. You're the one who says constantly that they're charging too little for their content. Well, looks like they made a BUSINESS decision not to increase prices because they can. And they still provide free updates because they can. And it's entirely their decision what to include in another free content update BECAUSE THEY CAN. It can be an update with a single beacon light, or it can be a piece of map that is too small to be sold separately. They may put a price tag on it or not. Their decision. Don't you worry, they're not poor, poor people sweating to get a job, they know what they're doing after being in business for decades. ;)
AlexxxF1

#537 Post by AlexxxF1 » 25 Jan 2022 05:11

My guess for the upcoming order (diversity and alternation north south, north south and mix Russia part, no Russia part) :

0. Heart of Russia
1. Western Balkans + Greece (mountainous and narrow roads)
2. Belarus + part of Ukraine + Moldova (wide highways and narrow roads)
3. Turkey ( yes, some would like Northern Scandinavia. but it is already in excellent quality in Promods. where it goes well with the old DLC Scandinavia and Baltica DLC. and I prefer to get what we don't have in good quality yet. and looking at the rework of Austria. I understand. that Northern Scandinavia in the future will be cooler than if we had already received it a year ago.)
4. road to the Caspian Sea (southwest Russia + part of Kazakhstan + Azerbaijan + Georgia + Armenia)
5. road to the Himalayas (part of Kazakhstan + Tajikistan + Kyrgyzstan + part of China)
6. Ural Mountains (central Russia + part of Kazakhstan)
7. road to the Indian Ocean (Iran + Turkmenistan)
8. around Baikal (eastern Russia + Mongolia)

I don't know why, but personally I prefer the northern parts. maybe just because I grew up in the same conditions.
if I choose Mexico or Canada, I will choose Canada. if choose RttBS or BtBS, I prefer BtBS. if choose Iberia or HoR, I prefer HoR.
Last edited by AlexxxF1 on 25 Jan 2022 06:48, edited 4 times in total.
Trucker Nik

#538 Post by Trucker Nik » 25 Jan 2022 06:29

@Some newbie driver You don't have to go on the attack and point out my age, I mentioned Ireland and Iceland specifically because I assume they will be DLCs that don't reach such high sales numbers, so I'm talking about adding in the update, I have no problem buying DLCs, I have all DLCs in ETS2 and ATS all map, paint, semi-trailer, tuning DLC, and I'm also a player who has i got almost 10 years of free content, since ETS2 I've been playing since the game came out
krmarci

#539 Post by krmarci » 25 Jan 2022 07:03

AlexxxF1 wrote: 25 Jan 2022 05:11 My guess for the upcoming order (diversity and alternation north south, north south and mix Russia part, no Russia part) :

0. Heart of Russia
1. Western Balkans + Greece (mountainous and narrow roads)
2. Belarus + part of Ukraine + Moldova (wide highways and narrow roads)
3. Turkey ( yes, some would like Northern Scandinavia. but it is already in excellent quality in Promods. where it goes well with the old DLC Scandinavia and Baltica DLC. and I prefer to get what we don't have in good quality yet. and looking at the rework of Austria. I understand. that Northern Scandinavia in the future will be cooler than if we had already received it a year ago.)
4. road to the Caspian Sea (southwest Russia + part of Kazakhstan + Azerbaijan + Georgia + Armenia)
5. road to the Himalayas (part of Kazakhstan + Tajikistan + Kyrgyzstan + part of China)
6. Ural Mountains (central Russia + part of Kazakhstan)
7. road to the Indian Ocean (Iran + Turkmenistan)
8. around Baikal (eastern Russia + Mongolia)

I don't know why, but personally I prefer the northern parts. maybe just because I grew up in the same conditions.
if I choose Mexico or Canada, I will choose Canada. if choose RttBS or BtBS, I prefer BtBS. if choose Iberia or HoR, I prefer HoR.
ProMods having Northern Scandinavia, especially in its current, incomplete form, is not a reason for SCS not to do it. Also, I find it highly unlikely that SCS will leave the European continent before finishing it, let alone just three DLCs after the current one. (Also, some of your suggestions are HUGE! Road to the Himalayas could easily be split into two, if not more, Iberia-sized DLCs...)
Double M

#540 Post by Double M » 25 Jan 2022 17:34

Obtaining Turkey in the future would be great since this country has a very interesting geographic diversity, surely it has many similarities with Iberia in terms of present ecosystems and climates.

Return to “General discussion about the game”